PDA

View Full Version : Now this is journalism...

OklahomaTuba
8/16/2007, 12:45 PM
http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/pubfiles/bullets8-07.jpg

:pop:

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/16/2007, 12:47 PM
Can we get a VBookie on this one...my guess is 4 pages on 20 setting!

OU Adonis
8/16/2007, 12:51 PM
I think his comment is on the fact that clearly those bullets did not hit her house.

OklahomaTuba
8/16/2007, 12:54 PM
I think his comment is on the fact that clearly those bullets did not hit her house.

Oh I dunno, I guess someone could have thrown them at her house.

rufnek05
8/16/2007, 12:56 PM

you havn't seen the those new bullets that can be used twice, called dual casings, hello.

OU Adonis

Yeah, the full metal jack still on the bullet kind of gives it away doesn't it?

Gandalf_The_Grey
To be fair, Marines are really strong...it sounds plausible to me

OU Adonis
8/16/2007, 12:57 PM
you havn't seen the those new bullets that can be used twice, called dual casings, hello.

Damn, and I thought my job sucked. I would hate to be the offical bullet retriever of the Army.

JohnnyMack
8/16/2007, 01:00 PM

Hello? Have you ever heard of a slingshot? Dumas.

Frozen Sooner
8/16/2007, 01:40 PM
To be fair, the caption is 100% correct. The caption doesn't say that they agree or disagree with her-simply that she claims that they hit her house.

GrapevineSooner
8/16/2007, 01:41 PM
I think elves are real.

Now where's the AFP to report my easily debunked one-sided claim? ;)

Frozen Sooner
8/16/2007, 01:45 PM
ELFIST!

Of course, if you believed that elves were real AND that Bill Clinton knows a bunch of elves that died under mysterious circumstances (you know, like heart attacks and such) you could probably get Brit Hume out there pretty quickly...

Tear Down This Wall
8/16/2007, 04:18 PM
While in law school, we were required to take a class called "Torts." It generally sucked because it taught, in short, that for every adverse thing, no matter how minute, there was a proximate for which an attorney must be hired to waste everyone's good time and money.

The Torts professor was a leftist from Canada by way of India. Everytime there was the slighest inkling of an Indian holiday or news event, she'd show up at class with her Indian get-up on. We were all like, "We understand you're a kooky Canadian leftist from India, m'kay. Drop the Halloween routine."

Anyway, there was this case that everyone reads in law school where people are out hunting and some shot from one hunter hits another in the face and injures him. Poor, unsuspecting law students are left to determine whether there is liability even though it was accidental. (Hint: YES. In law school, any answer that could conceivably be the genesis of hiring an attorney to waste everyone's good time and money is YES.)

So. Ms. Leftist Canadian Indian Torts Professor starts off the class by saying:

"The case today is about a hunter that was hit in the face at close range when his friend fired his rifle."

I raised my hand. Education ensued.

Ms. Leftist Canadian Indian Torts Professor: "Yes, Mr. TDTW."

Me: "Um, the guy was hit with shot from a shotgun, not a rifle bullet."

Ms. Leftist Canadian Indian Torts Professor: "What's the difference?"

Me: "Go stand 100 yards away from me behind bullet proof glass and let me fire a shotgun at you, then let me shoot the rifle."

Ms. Leftist Canadian Indian Torts Professor: "I don't understand."

Me: "If a person were shot at close range with a deer rifle, accidentally or otherwise, this case would be in Wills, Estates, and Trusts, and not just Torts."

Ms. Leftist Canadian Indian Torts Professor: "Oh."

Yeah. Oh.