PDA

View Full Version : Big II, Little X

Statalyzer
8/15/2007, 04:06 PM
Thought I'd copy a couple of stats from HF for you. I think it's pretty good evidence that:

1)As much as our fanbases love to hate each other, I love the fact that the RRS exists, it's a ridiculously excellent football atmosphere in a unique setting, etc etc etc. It wouldn't be that way if OU and UT weren't both consistently very good teams and we can at least both be grateful to each for doing our respective parts to make this matchup so badass.

2)We should also both be able to agree that our other weak conference bretheren have some major getting-crap-together to be doing. They aren't even close to our league right now.

Rankings the past four years -

Oklahoma: 3, 3, 22, 11
Texas: 12, 5, 1, 13

In those years they have only combined for 8 conference losses, half of which were to each other. Interestingly K-State is the only team from 2003-2006 to beat both Texas and Oklahoma.

Oklahoma: KSU 2003, Texas 2005, Tech 2005, Texas 2006.
Texas: OU 2003, OU 2004, KSU 2006, A&M 2006.

And the rest of the conference is NOT pulling their weight.

Texas 4
Oklahoma 4
Texas Tech 12
Nebraska 15
Mizzou 17
Texas A&M 18
Kansas St - 18
Oklahoma St - 19
Colorado - 20

Collier11
8/15/2007, 04:12 PM
These numbers are good, but look at the K.st and Neb numbers before 2000! Probably pretty comparable, its just the ebbs and flows although I think the conf is close to being fairly equally competitive

soonervegas
8/15/2007, 04:19 PM
All would be right in the Big 12 if we can get Nebraska in the top 10 consistently.

and maybe one other consistent top 15-20 squad. My money is on A&M or OSU. I don't think the Buffs or KSU can get it done consistently. If I could pick I would like it to be KSU.....just cause I hate them so much and it would balance the league a little.

critical_phil
8/15/2007, 04:19 PM
Lubbock insurance agents can blow me.

StuIsTheMan
8/15/2007, 04:25 PM
Lubbock insurance agents can blow me.

NICE!:D

goingoneight
8/15/2007, 04:30 PM
Thought I'd copy a couple of stats from HF for you. I think it's pretty good evidence that:

1)As much as our fanbases love to hate each other, I love the fact that the RRS exists, it's a ridiculously excellent football atmosphere in a unique setting, etc etc etc. It wouldn't be that way if OU and UT weren't both consistently very good teams and we can at least both be grateful to each for doing our respective parts to make this matchup so badass.

2)We should also both be able to agree that our other weak conference bretheren have some major getting-crap-together to be doing. They aren't even close to our league right now.

Rankings the past four years -

Oklahoma: 3, 3, 22, 11
Texas: 12, 5, 1, 13

In those years they have only combined for 8 conference losses, half of which were to each other. Interestingly K-State is the only team from 2003-2006 to beat both Texas and Oklahoma.

Oklahoma: KSU 2003, Texas 2005, Tech 2005, Texas 2006.
Texas: OU 2003, OU 2004, KSU 2006, A&M 2006.

And the rest of the conference is NOT pulling their weight.

Texas 4
Oklahoma 4
Texas Tech 12
Nebraska 15
Mizzou 17
Texas A&M 18
Kansas St - 18
Oklahoma St - 19
Colorado - 20

Did you get banned for that statement? :D Or did you get the same old "OU only wins because of Texas players; all Texas players should go to Texas schools" crap?

Statalyzer
8/15/2007, 09:13 PM
I wish more Texas players did go to Texas schools. I almost always cheer for you guys to lose games and I expect most of you to feel the same about UT, but I know that my cheering against OU won't have an effect on the fact that OU will usually win, which is good because it makes the rivalry so much the better.

One more statistic I thought was really amazing (credit for all this goes to TaylorTRoom from hornfans):

There are 23 players who were on the Dallas Cowboys 2003 roster who are still in the NFL ie currently in training camp (listed in NFL.com). Here is what a lineup of those 23 players would look like:

QB Romo
RB Cason
TE Witten, Campbell
OL Adams, Allen, Gurode, Johnson, Lehr, Walter
WR Glenn, Galloway
DT Glover
DE Ekuban, Ellis, Coleman
LB Shanle, O'Neil, James
S Williams
CB Newman, Hunter
K Cundiff

There are 41 players off of either UT's or OU's roster in 2003 that are current in the NFL training camps. Here is what their lineup would look like:

QB Young
RB Benson, Young
FB Runnels
TE Scaife, Thomas
OL J. Brown, Joseph, Scott, Blalock, Sendlein
WR Williams, Clayton, Jones, Bradley, Wilson
DT Harris, Tubbs, Dvoracek, McGruder, Wright
DE Crowder, Robison, Pittman, Birdine
LB Johnson, Lehman, Cody, Alexander
S Huff, Pool, M. Griffin, Nicholson, Bassey
CB Vasher, C. Griffin, Strait, Perkins, Ross, T. Brown
DS Loeffler

EDIT: thanks, Alexender does indeed make 41.

CatfishSooner
8/15/2007, 09:18 PM
wow

JDawg2303
8/17/2007, 03:36 PM
You forgot Rufus Alexander. He's with the Vikings and played LB in 2003. And if you count the ones you listed, he's #41.

PLaw
8/18/2007, 08:10 AM
You forgot Rufus Alexander. He's with the Vikings and played LB in 2003. And if you count the ones you listed, he's #41.

Also left off the list were DE Jimmy Wilkerson, DT Kelly Gregg, S Roy Williams, and how about the 2007 offensive rookie of the year - RB AD.

BOOMER SOONER
PLAW