PDA

View Full Version : WE NEED TO KILL THE U THIS YEAR...

StuIsTheMan
8/15/2007, 03:43 PM
This kinda sucks but gets me all Fired up...MAN I HATE THOSE GUYS ABOUT AS BAD AS I HATE OREGON!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7696054395757150569&q=sooners&total=4863&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

Statalyzer
8/15/2007, 03:50 PM
I think you will kill them.

Now, Miami's D will be good, you'll have one or two newbie QBs with their very first meaningful test, ever, which usually means a slow offensive start. This will keep the score of the game down and make it look closer than it is. But your offense has other weapons and Miami's really doesn't have much of any. They'll be hard pressed to put up double digits against you.

I see a final score of something like 23-6 in which OU dominates. It's the same ratio as 46-12 (an obvious blowout), but a 23-6 type of game just doesn't look like a blowout because the defenses will outclass the offenses, but I see OU putting up a solid effort in scoring an average number of points against a very good D (essentially a draw between your O and their D), but your D will shut them down and turn the brawlers into bawlers.

birddog
8/15/2007, 03:50 PM
i refuse to watch that.

StuIsTheMan
8/15/2007, 03:55 PM
i refuse to watch that.

didn't get past the scores either huh?

The Maestro
8/15/2007, 04:02 PM
For starters I say we quit adding to their self-proclaimed title as "The U". That drives me nuts. What does "U" stand for? "Unable to fill half a stadium?"

StoopTroup
8/15/2007, 04:06 PM
http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~hsueh/images/cooking/plum_roast_duck.jpg

Ibis....it's what's for dinner!

Statalyzer
8/15/2007, 04:08 PM
What does "U" stand for? "Unable to fill half a stadium?"

:D

oumartin
8/15/2007, 04:18 PM
yes, people calling them "the U" is a freakin' joke..

StuIsTheMan
8/15/2007, 04:20 PM
"U" Better not push or i'll hit ya with mai Helmut
http://www.vsocial.com/video/?d=50800

goingoneight
8/15/2007, 04:40 PM
"U" Better not push or i'll hit ya with mai Helmut
http://www.vsocial.com/video/?d=50800

Jesus, late in the third, on your home field, you only have 14 points on FIU??? :eek: I know that wasn't one of the first few games like us with UAB. That was late-late in the season.

The Maestro
8/15/2007, 04:46 PM
Jesus, late in the third, on your home field, you only have 14 points on FIU??? :eek: I know that wasn't one of the first few games like us with UAB. That was late-late in the season.

Don't forget the 5 point win over Duke where they were trailing.

And remember, I am the crazy one for thinking we will spank these guys on their first road game of the year.

StuIsTheMan
8/15/2007, 04:50 PM
And don't forget the 21-20 Blow out of Nevada at the "Toilet Mint Blue Field Bowl" last year.

MichiganSooner
8/15/2007, 04:52 PM
What does the U stand for? Can't believe they actually sued a high school, Union, for using a U.

StuIsTheMan
8/15/2007, 04:59 PM
What does the U stand for? Can't believe they actually sued a high school, Union, for using a U.

Subject: helmet insignia
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 14:13:37 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Sir:
This may seem a trivial question but it has puzzled me for sometime. What is the significance of the logo/insignia on the Miami Hurricanes Football Helmet.
It is kind of a broken "U", orange and green. There may be a simple explanation but would the U stand for "University" and why not "M"? Maybe to distinguish from U of Miami in Ohio? Anyway if you can find any info? I would appreciate it very much.
Very Sincerely,
Charles Eames
According to the Miami football media guide, "in 1973, UM's Athletic Foundation, the fund raising arm of the athletic department at the time, commissioned a local public relations expert to develop a distinctive logo.
The University had gone several years with a variety of helmet and uniform changes and the Federation noted that a number of major colleges have the initials UM.
Miami designer Bill Bodenheimer suggested the 'U' idea, which lent itself to distinctive logos for each sport as well as slogans like 'U gotta believe' and 'U is great.'"
Usually the word "Miami" is centered under the "U," but not on the team's football helmets. The school colors were established in 1926 when the school first fielded a football team. The colors of the Florida orange tree represent UM. Orange symbolizes the fruit of the tree, green represents the leaves and white, the blossoms.
http://www.sportingnews.com/archives/sports2000/trends/160782.html

German Corner
8/15/2007, 05:36 PM
In the 1986 game against the cocaines jerome brown started a fight and as this was going on the miamuh band was playing their drums.

A band doesn't do anything unless the director says so.

Sonny Brown was just clocking people and nobody would take him on.

They got all the breaks and not too many penalties, they were a good team and it was their day.

If coach would have gone with Troy Aikman we might not have won the '85 game after he got hurt but would have won the '86 and '87 games along with three straight titles.

By going with jamelle holieway we played right into losing against a good defense and they had it.

I really don't like them and this is one game we need to win.

I hope Bob Stoops takes this game seriously and it doesn't take us a whole first half to wake up and get after it like the bowl.

StuIsTheMan
8/15/2007, 05:39 PM
In the 1986 game against the cocaines jerome brown started a fight and as this was going on the miamuh band was playing their drums.

A band doesn't do anything unless the director says so.

Sonny Brown was just clocking people and nobody would take him on.

They got all the breaks and not too many penalties, they were a good team and it was their day.

If coach would have gone with Troy Aikman we might not have won the '85 game after he got hurt but would have won the '86 and '87 games along with three straight titles.

By going with jamelle holieway we played right into losing against a good defense and they had it.

I really don't like them and this is one game we need to win.

I hope Bob Stoops takes this game seriously and it doesn't take us a whole first half to wake up and get after it like the bowl.

I agree, another route like the 77-0 aTm game would be teh AWSOME!

josh09
8/15/2007, 05:42 PM
Omg i hope we rape them

not literally.

olevetonahill
8/15/2007, 05:43 PM
77-0 anyone ?

StuIsTheMan
8/15/2007, 05:49 PM
77-0 anyone ?

Copycat:D
http://homepage.mac.com/nancymorris/.Pictures/copycat.jpg

AlabamaSooner
8/15/2007, 05:54 PM
"U is great"....wow, perfect english.

StuIsTheMan
8/15/2007, 05:57 PM
was a u talk'n about ritedare?

Sorry that's the best Doleo impression I can do...weak I know

elderlysooner
8/15/2007, 06:19 PM
This kinda sucks but gets me all Fired up...MAN I HATE THOSE GUYS ABOUT AS BAD AS I HATE OREGON!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7696054395757150569&q=sooners&total=4863&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

T don't hate Oregon, I hate Pac10 refs.

KantoSooner
8/15/2007, 06:59 PM
They are degenerate scum. If OU is up by 50 with the clock winding down, I shall be disappointed if Stoops isn't calling a hail mary for the end zone. No margin of victory would be enough.

StuIsTheMan
8/15/2007, 08:05 PM
T don't hate Oregon, I hate Pac10 refs.

I WAS THERE MAN!
I WAS THERE!:mad:

And I hate having to say I was born there...Parents should a kept on Driven, She could of held me in till at least Albany...But ****ING EUGENE!

OuFan55
8/15/2007, 09:51 PM
My hopes are for the Sooners to go after the Hurricanes so hard, that people will be saying Miami "who" instead of Miami "U".

Miami is the college team that I have always despised the most.

It was great watching Doug Flutie float a hail mary pass on the last play of the game to beat them back in 1984. Can't wait to watch the Sooners maul them this year. :texan:

OK2LA
8/15/2007, 11:44 PM
i refuse to watch that.

Heh.

That'll make it go away.

I think this is kinda funny.

Put the shoe on the other foot.

LASooner would've made an intro/video very similar to that one.

(I thought it was pretty cool - :D It just sucks to be the one on the highlight reel for someone else)

We'd best get used to it, because you'll be seeing that Fiesta bowl debacle for years to come. That GOWWDNSO - I live here is Southern California - that will never heal or go away.

We're usually the ones that are delivering the punishment, but in that case, the bully whipped our arses 3 times - and made us like it.

olevetonahill
8/15/2007, 11:51 PM
Heh.

That'll make it go away.

(I thought it was pretty cool - :D It just sucks to be the one on the highlight reel for someone else)

We'd best get used to it, because you'll be seeing that Fiesta bowl debacle for years to come. That GOWWDNSO - I live here is Southern California - that will never heal or go away.

We're usually the ones that are delivering the punishment, but in that case, the bully whipped our arses 3 times - and made us like it.
I didnt like it !

SteelClip49
8/16/2007, 09:42 AM
The U

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_U

zeke
8/16/2007, 09:57 AM
Heh.

That'll make it go away.

I couldnt watch it either.

Nope, I dont find it funny, I wont get used to it, and it didnt make me like it.

I dont live in Southern California either though.

josh09
8/16/2007, 10:06 AM
For starters I say we quit adding to their self-proclaimed title as "The U". That drives me nuts. What does "U" stand for? "Unable to fill half a stadium?"

LOL!

soonermix
8/16/2007, 12:40 PM
i have never wanted to beat a team by 50 more than i want to beat miami. i still hate texas more however we don't get to play miami very often so i need to get all my rage out in this home and home series.

Boomer Sooner

Jacie
8/16/2007, 12:55 PM
This game kinda reminds me of the (with reverence here) 2000 season. That year Bob Stoops brought us redemption, settled some old scores, rerighted the Universe (Norman, OK being the cultural center thereof), lead OUr team to the National Championship and brought home the crystal football. Seven years later Bob Stoops once again has an opportunity to settle old score and in the process, put the hated U of Miami in their place.

I want this one, bad, as bad as I want to beat the whorns every year. Yeah, the players won't be the same ones that humiliated us in the 80's but the fanbase is still there and their suffering will be my joy! Sure, a one-point win would be enough, but blood would be better! A double digit margin of victory would be great! Ten, twenty, thirty points, why not? Pour it on em! Oklahoma has to get up on em early, then go nuts not conservative. Pull out all the stops (not the first team) and beat the pulp outa that orange. I want . . . OU 52 - UM 0.

bstuff1979
8/16/2007, 12:59 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/wbennettberry/l_d0bd24793b97ca18dcd767a217cea6eb.jpg

Seamus
8/16/2007, 01:31 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/wbennettberry/l_d0bd24793b97ca18dcd767a217cea6eb.jpg

OK, help me out here, I don't get it.

The OU symbol, a hammer and sickle, the Shroud of Turin laid over an Easter Island statue, plus the miami logo.

Throw in the wooden leg of a retired Maine lobster fisherman, and you've got one hell of a scavenger hunt. :confused:

cheezyq
8/16/2007, 01:53 PM
I always thought it was pronounced Uh...as in D"U"H and Th"U"g.

bstuff1979
8/16/2007, 04:52 PM

OK, help me out here, I don't get it.

The OU symbol, a hammer and sickle, the Shroud of Turin laid over an Easter Island statue, plus the miami logo.

Throw in the wooden leg of a retired Maine lobster fisherman, and you've got one hell of a scavenger hunt. :confused:

It's Ivan Drago (Rocky IV). He killed Apollo Creed, and before doing so said "You will lose" in a very very thick accent. Hense, "U" will lose. There are other great quotes (made great mostly due to the thickness of the accent and the absurdity of the movie) like, "I must crush you" and the end rant by Rocky that I can't really remember but it's "special".

StuIsTheMan
8/16/2007, 05:51 PM
The hammer and sickel and OU logo is kinda disturbing

josh09
8/16/2007, 11:04 PM
It's Ivan Drago (Rocky IV). He killed Apollo Creed, and before doing so said "You will lose" in a very very thick accent. Hense, "U" will lose. There are other great quotes (made great mostly due to the thickness of the accent and the absurdity of the movie) like, "I must crush you" and the end rant by Rocky that I can't really remember but it's "special".

Didnt he say "I will break you", or was that another movie? i cant remember right now, sorry.

bstuff1979
8/17/2007, 07:28 AM
Didnt he say "I will break you", or was that another movie? i cant remember right now, sorry.

yeah, that too. the movie is a cornucopia of awesome