PDA

View Full Version : Tickets

jccouger
8/15/2007, 12:01 PM
Just signed up for my season tickets for my first year as a freshman at the University of Oklahoma!

Now I have to wait until the 20th to find out if more then enough people signed up for them, and if I won the lottery. Wish me luck!

Btw $150 for season tickets is a pretty good price. But I'm sure you all love paying that price for each game you go to, hah.

yermom
8/15/2007, 12:04 PM
wow, they are $150 now?

that's basically half price... they were $80ish not too long ago

TheUnnamedSooner
8/15/2007, 12:08 PM
good luck. Please do not leave games early as a lot of students do. Nothing like seeing a packed game with the student section empty.

setem
8/15/2007, 12:20 PM
How did you get signed up for tickets already?

I did not think you could sign up till tomorrow!?!?!?!

I better get my *** down there!

jccouger
8/15/2007, 12:27 PM
You could sign up starting the 14th. You have until the 19th, but its always better to get it done sooner.

You can sign up on soonersports.com. All you need is your student ID and some other information, like your address.

Click on "OU ticket office"
then click "Buy tickets online"
And then click "student ticket"

Then you have to register and then fill out everything else.

Petro-Sooner
8/15/2007, 12:35 PM
Dont worry about not getting tickets. They resell tickets not picked up by students with season tickets on Thursdays before the game. So in affect making double the money off a ticket. :rolleyes: Unless its a big game theres usually empty space in the upper left hand corner of the student section.

setem
8/15/2007, 12:42 PM
No worries!!!

I have a season ticket waiting for me at will call!!!

BOOOOOMER!!!

jccouger
8/15/2007, 01:02 PM
Setem are you a freshman too?

jccouger
8/15/2007, 01:03 PM
oops, can't leave you hanging...

SOOOOONER!!!!!

setem
8/15/2007, 01:43 PM
transfer from OKCCC. I know about the lottery or whatever but I just filled out the online request and it sent me through to billing. It is showing up on my bursar account. I called the ticket office and I have one waiting at will call for me.

Thanks for the reminder! I was going to do the paper work tomorrow morning at orientation.

What classes are you taking?

jccouger
8/15/2007, 01:57 PM
I took some classes at OKCCC while I was a junior and senior in high school, so I'm done with most of my freshman classes.

I'm taking...

Human Geography
Human Geography discussion
Begin weight training
Personal Health
Calc Business
Intro Zoology
Intro Zoology Lab

IronSooner
8/15/2007, 02:13 PM
Human Geography

Anatomy?

Human Geography discussion

Dating?

;)

Petro-Sooner
8/15/2007, 02:20 PM
Whos the geography prof? One of my degrees is in geography.

jccouger
8/15/2007, 02:30 PM
Darren E. Purcell

StoopTroup
8/15/2007, 02:37 PM
Btw $150 for season tickets is a pretty good price. But I'm sure you all love paying that price for each game you go to, hah.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

sooner94
8/15/2007, 02:50 PM
I paid $40 for a season ticket when I was in school. Of course that was in the early 90's. Back in the days when we ran the "Up the middle! Up the middle! Up the middle! Punt!" offense under Gary Gibbs.

setem
8/15/2007, 05:36 PM
A couple of years ago the season tickets only cost $10-$15 a game. $145 is way better than paying $400+ that most people pay.

...and until they change the ID at OU we can get in to games as long as we can get a hold of a student ticket!

chantundefeated
8/15/2007, 07:28 PM
Hey man just to let you know, the last few years there hasn't been a lottery. But, even if there is a lottery and you don't get in, you can still find a ticket on campus pretty easy.

soonerboomer93
8/15/2007, 08:06 PM
When I went it was either $35 or $40 depending on how many home games we had

and you had 1 punch ticket that you just took to every game, no single game tickets (except for texas)

OuFan55
8/15/2007, 09:56 PM
My freshman daughter just got her order in for her student season tix yesterday for the low price of $150.

Me and the wife have tix for the Baylor game that we purchased through the Parents Association. If anyone has 2 tix to the Miami game, North Texas, or Texas game let me know. Sure would like to see more than one game in person this year.

Sooner24
8/15/2007, 10:50 PM
My son got student tickets his freshman year but didn't get them last year or this year.

yermom
8/16/2007, 12:11 AM
My freshman daughter just got her order in for her student season tix yesterday for the low price of $150.

Me and the wife have tix for the Baylor game that we purchased through the Parents Association. If anyone has 2 tix to the Miami game, North Texas, or Texas game let me know. Sure would like to see more than one game in person this year.

i would think North Texas should be easy to get by walking around the stadium or Campus Corner/Boyd on gameday

setem
8/16/2007, 07:02 AM
Yeah man! North Texas I bet you can pull and $5 dollar ticket if you wait till just after kick-off and Miami should be the same way but maybe a little more costly.

SteelClip49
8/16/2007, 09:31 AM
Like I have said before, the student section is a nightmare. It takes forever to sit down; people will sit then decide to sit elsewhere making it impossible for others to get a seat; all the moving around before and during the game never ends; people standing on the bleachers rather than the ground. 2004 when I had them I sold the rest but sat in the student section for 2 games and it was ok. I will just settle for 1 of the 9 tickets the pops gets for each game.

BTW, Human Geography was fun when I was at OU. I took it in 2004 with a professor Stevens and made a B. It consists of mainly people and places in history to present day. You will have to study maps and take map tests; labeling mountains, rivers, countries, capitals, etc.

setem
8/16/2007, 10:30 AM
I sat in the student section last year for all but one game. I was not a student at the time but, it was pretty awesome. Even though everyone took off early at at the game I still had a great time. If you get there and just stick to the spot you get and not move around things go pretty well.

I best seats I have ever sat in were in the student section. Very 1st row at about the 5 yard line! They were great but it turned our pretty bad when the ROTC showed up and when it came to sit down I got a face off of crotch. It was a great time anyways.