PDA

View Full Version : So what about a US "Foreign Legion"

OU Adonis
8/15/2007, 12:21 AM
Why doesn't the USA actively recruit a US Foreign legion made up of non citizens and station them overseas? After someone does 6 years in the legion they can get US citzenship.

Seems like a good idea to me.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/15/2007, 12:33 AM
Most of the illegal aliens don't want to be citizens-they just want to be here legally, hence the appeals for amnesty.

MR2-Sooner86
8/15/2007, 12:38 AM
Most of the illegal aliens don't want to be citizens-they just want to be a mooch.

Fixed.

SicEmBaylor
8/15/2007, 01:06 AM
I don't want to pay for it.

8/15/2007, 01:13 AM
I don't want to pay for it.Would you be willing to pay for their one-way trip to Antarctica?

SicEmBaylor
8/15/2007, 01:16 AM
Would you be willing to pay for their one-way trip to Antarctica?
Depends on the mode of transporation. If I'm only paying to cram them into the cargo area of one of these "ice trucks" on the History channel and ships then, yes, I suppose I'd pay for that.

Octavian
8/15/2007, 01:19 AM
I like it. I think its a great idea.

But they can't just go anywhere they'd like after they get said citizenship. They can live in a US territory...just not a state.

This way, they don't actually vote. And it could also enhance our sales pitch.

Hey, wanna come fight for us and then move to Puerto Rico? Its helluva lot better than Idaho. All aboard to Whogivesa****astan!

8/15/2007, 01:25 AM
I like it. I think its a great idea.

But they can't just go anywhere they'd like after they get said citizenship. They can live in a US territory...just not a state.

This way, they don't actually vote. And it could also enhance our sales pitch.

Hey, wanna come fight for us and then move to Puerto Rico? Its helluva lot better than Idaho. All aboard to Whogivesa****astan! Huh? Sales Pitch?

Okla-homey
8/15/2007, 08:30 AM
We kinda already have that. There are pretty good numbers of non-AMCITs now serving in all branches. When I was a commander of a sqdn, I had four (a Pole, a Yugoslav, and two Mex).

If they serve honorably, it's a fast-track to citizenship, which I think is very fair. I also happen to believe if a guy sneaks into this country, joins up and dodges bullets for this country while doing his job to the best of his ability, he's as deserving of citizenship as someone born here. Perhaps more so than a healthy native who refuses ever to serve his country in some capacity

I believe the highest percentages are in the land forces.

OklahomaTuba
8/15/2007, 12:29 PM
Yeah, what homey said.

Since George Washington it has been the tradition to allow anyone to be an American if they fight for us. (although much more restricted now then back in the day no doubt).

The French do have a glorious history of stealing our good ideas and taking credit for them.