PDA

View Full Version : Attention San Diego Sooner Fans

SanDiegoSoonerGal
8/15/2007, 12:17 AM
In case you missed this in our local news, the Poway bar/restaurant formerly known as Dad's, and Game Time after that, where the SD Sooner Alumni Association has been having watch parties, burned down last week.

Linky (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20070811-9999-7m11powfire.html)

Anyway, with football season two weeks away, we are desperately searching for an equally Sooner-friendly venue, preferably one that we don't have to share with Shorthorn fans come October. Game Time was very nice about letting us just take over the place.

Apparently there's also someplace in PB that hosts watch parties, but unlike Game Time, which allowed families, they don't admit anyone under 18.

Anyone have an idea for a new venue? If so I'll pass it along to the association president.

Thanks mucho.

apusooner
8/15/2007, 12:44 AM
i hope you guys find a place. I watched a game with the OU club in SD last year. Good people, lots of fun. If you can't find a place, you could always drive up to LA and join us at Yankee Doodles. Or Sharkeez in Newport Beach. Those are the two places I go.

What about Nick's at the Beach, or Hooters?
Is there a BJ's in SD?

goingoneight
8/15/2007, 02:45 AM
I think that's where my Dad watched the Holiday Bowl from because his bosses took the tickets... and they worse Hook 'em crap into the stadium. :mad:

MITSooner
8/15/2007, 02:11 PM
Is McGregor's still an option? I can't remember why the club stopped going there in the first place.

Blues1
8/15/2007, 03:23 PM
Ok - Here's where I watched all my SOONER Games the Last 3 Years...(IF Not at Home)
Rookies Sports Bar Oceanside, Ca. - Good Food - Over 100 TV's - Several LARGE Screen TV's - Right off HWY 78 and El Camino Real....Always Show all SOONER Games - I believe young people are welcome since they serve FOOD - But need to double check..You get Marines from Camp Pendelton So Some Sooner Boys Show up as well as Texas Fans...And Large enough to handle 200 plus or so customers...And Fast Good Service -
Keep Rockin'
www.Bluescowboy.com

SanDiegoSoonerGal
8/15/2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks, everyone!

rgf1999
8/16/2007, 01:21 PM
FWIW - The San Diego USC Trojan Club watches away games at the Bullpen in Encinitas. You might want to contact them about doing Sooner games.

Click the last box on the left, there is no direct link http://www.sandiegotrojanclub.com/

Beef
8/16/2007, 01:31 PM
Who are the San Diego Sooners?

colleyvillesooner
8/16/2007, 01:34 PM
Our sister school for women.

apusooner
8/26/2007, 07:31 PM
did the OU club find a place yet? I may be in SD next weekend and it would be nice to watch with other Sooner fans

swardboy
8/26/2007, 07:37 PM
Did they ever find the Longhorn who burned down Game Time?

;)

skeeterou
8/26/2007, 07:59 PM
i hope you guys find a place. I watched a game with the OU club in SD last year. Good people, lots of fun. If you can't find a place, you could always drive up to LA and join us at Yankee Doodles. Or Sharkeez in Newport Beach. Those are the two places I go.

What about Nick's at the Beach, or Hooters?
Is there a BJ's in SD?

which yankee doodles?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/27/2007, 01:52 AM
Help, I might be in SoCal by the weekend, and prolly in SD area. What's the latest on a Sooner gamewatch bar?? Poway would be just fine.

apusooner
8/27/2007, 03:46 AM
which yankee doodles?

The one in Santa Monica on 3rd street promenade

SanDiegoSoonerGal
8/27/2007, 08:57 AM
Help, I might be in SoCal by the weekend, and prolly in SD area. What's the latest on a Sooner gamewatch bar?? Poway would be just fine.

The 710 Club in Pacific Beach. 710 Garnet Avenue.

8/27/2007, 10:09 AM
The 710 Club in Pacific Beach. 710 Garnet Avenue.Thanx. Will you be there?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
8/27/2007, 11:21 PM
Thanx. Will you be there?

Yep, I plan to be.

8/28/2007, 12:19 AM
The 710 Club in Pacific Beach. 710 Garnet Avenue.So, is this the official OU club game watch site for San Diego now?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
8/28/2007, 06:16 PM
So, is this the official OU club game watch site for San Diego now?

For the moment, I guess, but I hope not permanently. They don't serve food and they don't allow kids. At the place formerly known as Dad's it was nice to have chicken fried steak and eggs and a bloody mary during those 9 and 10 a.m. games.

And people could bring their kids rather than get a babysitter.

StormySooner-IN
8/28/2007, 08:22 PM
Good luck SDSG and everyone else.

I wonder if there is a IndySooner hangout club...

It be cool to meet some of the Sooners that live up here, I know there are some right within a few miles of my house.

"IndySooner" ( a member here...who lives probably 2 or 3 miles from me), theres a guy just across the County line into Indianapolis that has a big OU flag out year round, and there is that guy I talked to at our town's Christmas parade.

Well, next year when I have my drivers license, Ill be driving around all day with OU Flags and signs stuck on the car....someone is sure to spot me.;)