PDA

View Full Version : Switzer to join Fox's NFL studio show

colleyvillesooner
8/14/2007, 03:25 PM
Switzer to join Fox's NFL studio show

Switzer to join Fox's NFL studio show

Barry Switzer, a former University of Oklahoma and Dallas Cowboys coach, is joining the “Fox NFL Sunday” studio show, headlining a new segment with analyst Jimmy Johnson, the network announced today.

Switzer, who along with Johnson are the only two coaches to win both a college football national championship and a Super Bowl, will be in Fox’s Los Angeles studio each week to analyze NFL action and college football’s BCS standings. They will host a weekly segment titled “Coaches Corner,” discussing key issues affecting the league from a coach’s perspective.

In 16 years as OU coach, Switzer won national championships in 1974, 1975 and 1985 and eight of 13 bowl games. Switzer joined the professional ranks in 1994, taking over as Cowboys coach after the sudden departure of Johnson. He led Dallas to two consecutive 12-4 seasons, the second of which culminated in a Super Bowl XXX victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Johnson served as Oklahoma State and University of Miami football coach before moving to the NFL, where he coached the Cowboys and Miami Dolphins.

Curt Menefee will be the new host for the “Fox NFL Sunday,” replacing Joe Buck, who will continue as the network’s top play-by-play voice after handling both roles last year. The show will return to Los Angeles after spending last season broadcasting from stadium locations. Fox Sports’ “NFL Insider” Jay Glazer also will move into the studio, which also includes Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, comedic prognosticator Frank Caliendo and weather woman Jillian Barberie.

Heading into its 14th season, “Fox NFL Sunday” is America’s most-watched and highest-rated pregame show.

Switzer also can be heard on XM Satellite Radio, beginning Aug. 20. He will co-host “XM Sports Nation This Morning” with T.J. Rives from 5:30 to 7 a.m. Mondays and Fridays.

LosAngelesSooner
8/14/2007, 03:45 PM
Holy

Freakin

Carp

Partial Qualifier
8/14/2007, 03:57 PM
sweet!

goingoneight
8/14/2007, 04:37 PM
Him and Jimmy were just too good to be ignored during the Fiasco Bowl.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/14/2007, 04:47 PM
Shouldn't hurt the Sooners' recruiting too much!

Easting
8/14/2007, 05:08 PM
http://xmradio.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=press_releases&item=1481

For XM freaks like me:

Barry Switzer Joins XM Satellite Radio
WASHINGTON, Aug. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall

Barry Switzer will join XM Satellite Radio as a football analyst this fall, providing expert analysis and no-holds-barred commentary on the sports talk radio channel XM Sports Nation (XM Channel 144).

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20070813/NEM013A )
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20070313/XMLOGO )

During his 16 years as football coach at the University of Oklahoma, Switzer led the Sooners to three national championships, and he posted the fourth-best winning percentage (.837) in college football history. In the NFL he coached the Dallas Cowboys to victory in Super Bowl XXX, retiring in 1997 with a 45-26 career NFL coaching record

A member of the College Football Hall of Fame, Switzer is now the newest member of XM Radio's on-air team. Starting August 20, he will appear live on the show "XM Sports Nation This Morning" with host T.J. Rives every Monday and Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 am ET. Switzer will join Rives in sizing up the week's biggest match-ups in college and professional football, and they will take phone calls from XM listeners across the United States.

"I'm really looking forward to being on XM," Switzer said. "It's amazing to me how you can tune into college football games from all over the country, and people can call into XM to put in their two cents, wherever they live. It's a great thing for diehard fans like me, and I think we're going to have a lot of fun."

Switzer joins XM as it prepares to offer its largest package of college football games ever. XM is now the official satellite radio network for all six "power" conferences in college football -- the ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10, and SEC. This will be the first season that XM will carry Big 12 and SEC games. XM also recently signed an agreement with FOX Sports to be the exclusive satellite radio network for the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) National Championship Game and other BCS games.

"Coach Switzer is one of the most successful football coaches of all time, and it's an honor to have him on the XM team," said Eric Logan, XM executive vice president of programming. "XM is the home for college football, and Coach Switzer brings an extraordinary perspective of the game, drawn from a phenomenal career. As an Oklahoma native, I couldn't be happier that he's on XM. We now have the six power conferences on XM, plus the BCS, so having Coach Switzer on the air, talking to XM listeners every week, is another powerful addition to our sports line-up."

XM is the nation's leading satellite radio company with more than 8.2 million subscribers. People listen to XM on satellite radios for the car, home, office, and portable use.

picasso
8/14/2007, 05:10 PM
that's right sumbitches!

XingTheRubicon
8/14/2007, 05:46 PM
hell damn crap

Rogue
8/14/2007, 08:02 PM
Sweet! Mrs. Rogue needs to get that XM dealio she's been talkin' bout.

Soonerus
8/14/2007, 08:55 PM
That's about two month old news....

SoonerBOI
8/14/2007, 09:36 PM
The King is back!

AllAboutThe'O'
8/14/2007, 10:52 PM
It would be even nicer if XM could lock up the entire Big XII, not just Texas and Oklahoma State.

mikee likee
8/15/2007, 08:00 AM
I went to the XM and Sirius sites and XM says nothing about big 12 football. Sitrus lists the OU- nth tx game on thier schedule.:confused:

Jason White's Third Knee
8/15/2007, 08:49 AM
That's awesome, but what the hell is Frank Caliendo doing there? Is he going to do a Madden impersonation the whole time? This could be a really bad thing. I don't need Barry associated with Fox TV wackiness.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/15/2007, 09:33 AM
Sirius carries all sorts of college football games. At least, they used to.

ItsZep
8/15/2007, 11:31 AM
Barry will be great and entertaining!

colleyvillesooner
8/15/2007, 11:38 AM
Nick?

OklahomaTuba
8/15/2007, 12:21 PM
Now if Fox and XM could just some how communicate with the dead and have Bud on the air, life would be complete.

ESPN does it with Lou Holtz, so I know it can be done.

ItsZep
8/15/2007, 03:41 PM
what are they paying Coach Switzer ?

Edmond Sooner
8/15/2007, 03:49 PM
what are they paying Coach Switzer ?

Don't quite know what difference that would or should make. :confused:

stoopified
8/15/2007, 04:39 PM
Sounds like Barry is going to be busy.

goingoneight
8/15/2007, 04:42 PM
I wish he could be a college commentator. Seems like a perfect fit for him.

Did you just see the hit that kid laid on that Texas sumbitch?

Okay, maybe that's an exagerration.

soonerloyal
8/15/2007, 05:14 PM
XM will carry Big 12 Football on (from what I remember) Channels 411 & 412. As soon as I stop fussing at the rep on the phone because I can't log into my account over there, I'll doublecheck the info for you.

The Maestro
8/15/2007, 05:32 PM
You know how Barry feels about being on Fox T.V. and satellite radio?

Let him tell you himself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD96HQ_6w3M

God love the King!