PDA

View Full Version : Devasted

mikeb
8/14/2007, 01:38 PM
Let me share a story about my ebay experience yesterday. I was looking to bid on some OU-miami tickets whenever I noticed one which was going fairly cheap. I opened it up and it was season tickets on the 50yd line. At the end it said click here for buy it now. I said what the heck lets just see what I could get these tickets for. So I emailed this individual asking info on how much he would take for them. Get this he emailed me back and said how he needed to sell them now because he was about to be evicted from his house lost his job the whole nine yards worth. He Said he would take 300 dollars for them right now. Well at the same time I had previously placed a bid on the tickets on ebay. Anyways ebay sent me a message that the auction was closed because of the screen name was stolen and to not do any buisness outside of ebay with this person. If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is damnit.:mad:

C&CDean
8/14/2007, 01:42 PM
Let me share a story about my ebay experience yesterday. I was looking to bid on some OU-miami tickets whenever I noticed one which was going fairly cheap. I opened it up and it was season tickets on the 50yd line. At the end it said click here for buy it now. I said what the heck lets just see what I could get these tickets for. So I emailed this individual asking info on how much he would take for them. Get this he emailed me back and said how he needed to sell them now because he was about to be evicted from his house lost his job the whole nine yards worth. He Said he would take 300 dollars for them right now. Well at the same time I had previously placed a bid on the tickets on ebay. Anyways ebay sent me a message that the auction was closed because of the screen name was stolen and to not do any buisness outside of ebay with this person. If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is damnit.:mad:

Why do people go on ebay and buy OU tickets? You can buy a thousand of them outside the stadium on gameday.

sooner_born_1960
8/14/2007, 01:43 PM
some lacky at ebay just bought some sweet tickets cheap.

yermom
8/14/2007, 01:43 PM
ebay is NOT the place to buy tickets 99% of the time

sooner_born_1960
8/14/2007, 01:44 PM
Why do people go on ebay and buy OU tickets? You can buy a thousand of them outside the stadium on gameday.
and usually at well below face value.

Paperclip
8/14/2007, 01:45 PM
and usually at well below face value.

I think I speak for others with extra tickets when I say, "Please shut up."

Thank you. :)

JohnnyMack
8/14/2007, 01:47 PM

Why do you hate Meg Whitman?

sooner_born_1960
8/14/2007, 01:48 PM
I think I speak for others with extra tickets when I say, "Please shut up."

Thank you. :)
I never tell co-workers or friends if I'm planning to go to the game. Too often they'll want to help me out by offering me a ticket for face value.

mikeb
8/14/2007, 01:49 PM
I never buy tickets on ebay. But I have never wanted to go to a game as bad as I do this one. I am very afraid that I will not be able to afford the tickets outside the stadium for this game.

Paperclip
8/14/2007, 01:55 PM
I never tell co-workers or friends if I'm planning to go to the game. Too often they'll want to help me out by offering me a ticket for face value.

Well, fortunately there is market for people who would prefer to have tickets in hand before they go. By the way, do you need any tickets?

Mjcpr
8/14/2007, 01:57 PM
I for one hope you get your vast back very soon.

sooner_born_1960
8/14/2007, 01:59 PM
Well, fortunately there is market for people who would prefer to have tickets in hand before they go. By the way, do you need any tickets?
Yeah. How much you asking? :D

yermom
8/14/2007, 02:01 PM
the thing is that the tickets are kinda devalued by people who keep tickets just to get Texass tickets

they really aren't worth face, unless they are in prime locations

Paperclip
8/14/2007, 02:06 PM
they really aren't worth face, unless they are in prime locations

Ah, but see, that's the deal. My seats are in a prime location. I can stare at your and Doleo's backs all game. :)

birddog
8/14/2007, 02:10 PM
i've gotten tickets before by calling the opponents ticket office. and it sounds like you want to be there pretty badly.

in 2000 i got tickets for the a&m game thru the aggie ticket office. i ended up in a swarm of maroon on a folding chair 5 yards behind the ou bench.

birddog
8/14/2007, 02:23 PM
that's a real baffler. perhaps some things are better off remaining a mystery.

all i remember were bulging neck veins and some guy so excited he was shouting his own name!:D

Hamhock
8/14/2007, 02:24 PM
Yeah. How much you asking? :D

there are season tickets available in Sooner Swap

soonerbrat
8/14/2007, 02:37 PM
ebay is NOT the place to buy tickets 99% of the time

no kidding.
last year i won an auction on ebay for OU/TX tickets - but the seller wrote me an email saying I didn't win, that there was another bid after mine. Then the story changed..she said she "accidentally" listed the tickets twice, but since the other bidder offered more, she was going to sell them to him, or we could each have one and split up the set. She ended up giving the tickets to the other buyer, but ebay kept sending me notices that i hadn't paid for the auction that I won...i emailed the seller repeatedly, but she would not mark my account paid, so I checked somethign that said I paid...I guess ebay tried to get a fee from her, so she made a complaint saying I never paid and they suspended my ebay account...it took forever to get it straightened out, and in the meantime, I was emailing the lady..i negspekked her on ebay and she got really mad, then she started saying she was a good christian woman and that she would pray for my anger to subside.

soonerbrat
8/14/2007, 02:40 PM
p.s. I will never use ebay again. I tried their online customer service but it is WORTHLESS..it's a chat thingy and the "representatives" don't even read what you're trying to say but they give you worthless links to try to fix things.

yermom
8/14/2007, 02:40 PM
the only time i've bought tickets on ebay was Texass tickets from OU students and picked them up in person and paid cash

hmm... and maybe Cotton Bowl tickets

soonerbrat
8/14/2007, 02:41 PM
the only time i've bought tickets on ebay was Texass tickets from OU students and picked them up in person and paid cash

yah, the ad for the tickets i was trying to buy said they'd meet me and give me them to me

yermom
8/14/2007, 02:42 PM
that sounds pretty ****ty

SoonerBOI
8/14/2007, 02:46 PM
Jesus Christ (sorry Lord)!