PDA

View Full Version : Secondary

jccouger
8/14/2007, 12:29 PM
I was looking at our roster and for the first time I really noticed how much talent the team has back there.

At corner we have 3 players who could start for probably any team in the big XII. Reggie Smith and Marcus Walker seem to be the best 2. But it will be nice to have Lendy Holmes come in and keep the corners fresh so they don't get burned. I've also read somewhere that Holmes might get some action at safety? I'm not really that sold on that, although he does seem to have a nose for the ball I'm just not that sure he is big enough to make that many tackles.

At safety the team seems to be loaded as well. Darrien Williams IMO is the best safety we have. Is it true that the teams role of FS and SS are switched at OU instead of what they normally are at other schools? Nic Harris is a beast and needs to be on the field. Ever since his blown coverage against Oregon I can't think of another time where he missed his assignment. Of course he probably has, but at least it wasn't big enough for it to stick out in my memory. DJ Wolfe has also moved to safety, but I'd rather see him in the nickel packages then Harris. I've loved how Harris has played since he has arrived on campus, and I'd like to see him back there almost 100% of the time.

Who do you all think will be the starters in the secondary? Do you think we will stick with more of a nickel package since our LBs don't seem to be as deep as years past?

Collier11
8/14/2007, 01:13 PM
Walker and Reggie at Corner
Harris at nickleback
D.Williams, HOlmes, and Wolfe rotating at safety from what I hear

jccouger
8/14/2007, 01:59 PM
I just think Harris is too talented to not keep in the game the majority of the time. Unless if they plan on playing the nickel a lot more.

zeke
8/14/2007, 02:20 PM
Just dont give up the big play, thats all I ask

Dan Thompson
8/14/2007, 02:39 PM
I hope they get some picks on imaiM.

SoonerBOI
8/14/2007, 02:56 PM
Just dont give up the big play, thats all I ask

I agree to this statement.:mad: :D

cjames317
8/14/2007, 03:04 PM
Just don't give up the ______________ play, that's all I ask.
[insert play that
]

birddog
8/14/2007, 03:07 PM
i'm obviously pulling for all our boys to be successful but i've got a little extra love in my hopper for dj. he's worked really hard and has shown himself to be a big time team guy that only has the teams interest at heart.