PDA

View Full Version : Ya know what I think?

goingoneight
8/13/2007, 10:55 PM
I think OUr coaches are 90% certain who "their guy" will be, but are keeping it from the QBs and keeping it from the media for a reason.

Reason to keep it from Bradfornichalzlord: They know it's getting close and someone is going to get nervous, someone is going to step up their game and try and steal the spotlight late, the truest skilled player will start to shine. They could be pleasantly surprised by the unlikely candidate, or they could be right on with their guy.

Reasno to keep it from Dean Eschtrabeachinghale:
To keep the rest of the country guessing what OUr offense is going to look like. If you don't know who starts at QB and RB (Patrick's injury :(), you're about as lost for film and info as we were against UAB last year.

I think it is incredibly close and the coaches keep smiling and beating around he bush in an obvious manner.

... and no matter what you guess at this point, you truly don't know. That's the beauty of it. Josh and Stoops always seem to have a different answer but always word it too perfectly to be improvisational.
Instead of "X played in a great way," you're hearing "we're very confident in all of our quarterbacks in competition right now; they have proven that they can make the reads and throws necessary."

I think it's a mental trip right now on the three guys competing, speculation and suspiscion will start to build character and leadership. Even the players are starting to say things a little too scripted in the interviews. I also feel that if the coaches weren't confident, they'd be ****ed off and touchy with the constant media grueling.

Soonerus
8/13/2007, 11:04 PM
I know, it's Nichol....

batonrougesooner
8/13/2007, 11:08 PM
It's obviously Bradford.

Assuming it isn't Hazle and it isn't Nichol.

But I'm thinking Brandon Daniels is a possibility.

goingoneight
8/13/2007, 11:11 PM
It's a mind trip... Bomar returns and the NCAA says "JUST KIDDING!!!"

Soonerus
8/13/2007, 11:14 PM
Ok, even money it is not Hazle...just makes logical sense if they are all soooo close...

MR2-Sooner86
8/13/2007, 11:14 PM
I know who the QB will be. It'll be that one guy of the three. You guys know. He threw that one pass to that one guy, looked really good.

SoonerSinger3
8/13/2007, 11:28 PM
ya know what i think? i think north texas is gonna have a long bus ride hime to denton, tx

oumartin
8/13/2007, 11:29 PM
Joey will start, Nichol will play the most and start soon. Just my guess.
Bradford will see playin' time too and by seasons end Joey will be 3rd. Just my guess again

SoonerSinger3
8/13/2007, 11:31 PM
honestly, i think we all don't have a clue who is going to be QB (unless u have inside info in the program) so how bout we all talk about which punter will be better! my heart says cohen, but my brain says knall!!! haha

william_brasky
8/13/2007, 11:32 PM
don't be surprised to see all 3 in the backfield at the same time.

keep this a secret.

Soonerus
8/13/2007, 11:33 PM
Bradford will see playin' time too and by seasons end Joey will be 3rd. Just my guess again

Why don't you take a firm position instead of this "my guess" waffling crap ???

SoonerSinger3
8/13/2007, 11:52 PM
i love how we all think we know everything and are hard arses!! :D

oumartin
8/13/2007, 11:58 PM
okay, that is my stance! and by gawd I mean it.

MR2-Sooner86
8/14/2007, 12:06 AM
i love how we all think we know everything and are hard arses!! :D

I know ;)

sooner94
8/14/2007, 08:55 AM
I think I saw someone post here that Wilson says "he has a favorite." Anyone hear that in an interview?

IF that statement was made, then my guess is Nichol will be the guy. Wilson had a pretty good O at NW with Zach Kustok (spelling?), who was a dual threat.

In any event, with an experienced O-line, and a stable of stud RBs and WRs, its a pretty good situation to break in an inexperienced QB.

sooner518
8/14/2007, 09:50 AM
Halzle will play the first quarter of every game
Bradford the second quarter of every game
Nichol, the third quarter of every game
and they will flip a coin to see who plays the 4th quarter.

jk the sooner fan
8/14/2007, 10:02 AM
i think if the coaches knew for certain, that QB would be getting a MAJORITY of snaps in practice

mxATVracer10
8/14/2007, 11:42 AM
My money's on Hays McEachern getting the start........

as field goal/extra point holder :texan: :D

Collier11
8/14/2007, 12:03 PM

How the Hell does that even work?

goingoneight
8/14/2007, 05:38 PM
The coaches have all stated that every guy can make the plays when called upon. I don't think they'd lie or hesitate to call someone out. Especially since Stoops called out golden boy DeMarco for being "careless with the football" and constantly ragged on AP in the spring, too.
Like I said, the coaches have a pretty good idea at this point, and are just waiting on confirmation. You never know when a guy's going to fall asleep at the wheel because he thinks it's in the bag already. Suspiscion and speculation are going to start playing around with the guys minds, and methinks that's exactly what Wilson, Heupel and Stoops are trying to do. They want to see who remains consistent, goes that extra mile and doesn't let it all go to their head.
With all the hype surrounding Nichol and Bradford, that could be wreckless on their part.

My $.02, Nichol was brought in for the same reason Booty was at USC. He's the distant future. Bradford wasn't brought in to be a holder or a deep snapper and Joey was brought in to back up Bomar and develop Bradford. With the Bomar scandal, and Thompson gone, it IS still anyone's game to lose, but Halzle starts with Bradford seeing time until he's comfortable, then Halzle moves back to #2 status, Nichol redshirts to get bigger and experience what Sam and Joey have already experienced... scout duty and sideline status to just check out things like the RRS, etc. Nichol's going to have to be one extremely tough cookie to survive a screaming Texas crowd, or a screwy officiating job, or a hostile Texas Tech crowd like Thompson was able to do last year. I wish him and all the guys the best, but I feel a certain level of maturity is required to pass those tests, and that's why Bomar fumbles seven times against UCLA and struggled against Texas badly. One can note that once he got the swing of things, he had great showings in Lincoln, Lubbock and San Diego. If I'm the HC, do I really want to risk 3-4 losses with a team this stacked? Only... ONLY if he's a Jamelle Hollieway kind of guy who is poised enough to handle it all. And we all know how many true-frosh quarterbacks have ever been that poised before. Hint: you can count them on one hand.

SoonerBOI
8/14/2007, 05:49 PM
I want Jason White! Two QB system perhaps. Halzle/Bradford?

Monster Zero
8/14/2007, 06:43 PM
It's gonna be Joey because he's got the coolest hairdo.