PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns Backup QB injured

colleyvillesooner
8/13/2007, 02:48 PM
Per OUinsider per teaser on OrangeBloods.

Posters are saying it's Fr.-R Sherrod Harris and he's out 1-2 months.

Sorry to hear that.

Makes Colt staying upright an even bigger must, especially since they are presumably looking to RS Chiles.

TexasLidig8r
8/13/2007, 03:03 PM
Apparently, it's a strained MCL.. is expected to miss four weeks.

True freshman John Chiles looks like he won't be redshirted.

colleyvillesooner
8/13/2007, 03:04 PM
We know all about QB's & knee injuries :(

I'd be ****ed if this was how they teased something about one of our QB's on a pay board:

The Texas Longhorns suffered their first major injury hit of the 2007 season this weekend when one of their quarterbacks went down with what appears to be a severe knee sprain. It appears to be an injury that could impact the depth chart on several levels. Click here to go Inside the 40 Acres for the report.

TexasLidig8r
8/13/2007, 04:08 PM
We know all about QB's & knee injuries :(

I'd be ****ed if this was how they teased something about one of our QB's on a pay board:

Right there with ya.

Even the hornfans loyalists are ****ed orangebloods did that.

goingoneight
8/13/2007, 04:18 PM
OUr TE/FB Brody Eldridge strained an MCL... it takes a lot longer than two months to fell 100% again. You can be released earlier, but bouncing right back isn't always easy. Hope he's alright. Wouldn't want to see him hurt AND depressed after we beat him. ;)

GWS, Sherrod. :)

utex74
8/13/2007, 04:44 PM
Apparently, it's a strained MCL.. is expected to miss four weeks.

True freshman John Chiles looks like he won't be redshirted.

According to the coaches Sherrod and John were running even for the #2 spot. Given Mack's statement that the #2 was going to play early and often I think the competition is over. Chiles will play, Sherrod will rehab and give it another shot later or next year.

Chiles has a huge upside but as a true freshman...I don't know.

King Crimson
8/13/2007, 05:30 PM
Chiles looked pretty good in the spring game footage i saw.

tough break for Harris.

ItsZep
8/15/2007, 12:30 PM
sure he's just not in jail?

Booner
8/15/2007, 12:44 PM
Whatever happened to Snead or Kinne?

TexasLidig8r
8/15/2007, 01:15 PM
Whatever happened to Snead or Kinne?

Snead transferred to Ole Miss before Texas' bowl game last year. Apparently, he's still trying to find a school he can start at since it didn't happen at Florida or Texas.

Kinne is a project at best.

Statalyzer
8/15/2007, 03:52 PM
Our WRs Quan Cosby and Billy Pittman were taking snaps at QB before the Alamo Bowl because our only capable backup transferred before the bowl game had even been played. Thank God Colt didn't get hurt.

Kinne is redshirting this year I believe.

birddog
8/15/2007, 03:55 PM
Kinne is a project at best.

i thought he was considered to be a top recruit for you all?:confused:

goingoneight
8/15/2007, 03:57 PM
Colt's a witty quarterback, but man... If I were a Hook 'em fan, I'd cringe everytime he gets so much as bumped this year. He's going to be the framework for a rebuilding effort this season. Thankfully Thompson was tough as nails, or we'd have been in some trouble with some of tyhe shots he took last year.

Statalyzer
8/15/2007, 04:00 PM
He's going to be the framework for a rebuilding effort this season

The offense isn't really rebuilding, with our QB and 6 best pass-catchers back as well as Charles who isn't technically a returning starter but he and Selvin played about the same. The OL is the only question mark but it's not like our line is going to suck. Our secondary is definitely rebuilding, in fact that's probably an understatement.

goingoneight
8/15/2007, 04:00 PM
i thought he was considered to be a top recruit for you all?:confused:

He also verballed to Baylor prior to growing a half a brain (oppurtunity).

goingoneight
8/15/2007, 04:02 PM
The offense isn't really rebuilding, with our QB and 6 best pass-catchers back as well as Charles who isn't technically a returning starter but he and Selvin played about the same. The OL is the only question mark but it's not like our line is going to suck. Our secondary is definitely rebuilding, in fact that's probably an understatement.

You have to admit that the team as a whole is a gigantic '?' if he went down, though... that's all I meant by that.