PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech player on other end of Longar elbow gets eligibilty back

colleyvillesooner
8/13/2007, 02:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2972683

LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas Tech center Esmir Rizvic, who suffered a fractured eye socket when an opposing player elbowed him, will remain eligible for another half season because of the injury, the NCAA announced Monday.

Rizvic did not play the rest of the season after being struck by Oklahoma's Longar Longar in the Red Raiders' Big 12 opener on Jan. 6. Longar, who was trying to create room against Rizvic's defense along the sideline, was called for a flagrant foul and suspended for two games.

"We're pleased with the outcome," Texas Tech coach Bob Knight said in a news release.

Under a waiver granted by the NCAA Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee, Rizvic will be given back the 50 percent of the season lost due to the foul, allowing him to play half an additional season during his fifth year with the Red Raiders.

It has not been decided how Rizvic will play half a season, Tech spokesman Randy Farley said.

Rizvic, who started 11 games and averaged 3.8 points per game, is entering his senior year this fall. He transferred to Tech from Gulf Coast Community College in Florida in 2006.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

crawfish
8/13/2007, 02:26 PM
I'm glad he'll get the time back.

I hope Knight and Tech lose all their basketball games until he retires.

GrapevineSooner
8/13/2007, 02:57 PM
What Crawfish said.

Happy for the kid.

But Knight's still a *rick.

Ardmore_Sooner
8/15/2007, 10:43 AM
I think Moose should get the games back after the ACL tear against TCU :rolleyes:

Boomer.....
8/15/2007, 11:31 AM
Bobby Knight needs to get the hell out of coaching.

stoopified
8/15/2007, 04:54 PM
Bobby Knight needs to get the hell out of coaching.
You are almost right.He should get off the planet and stay off.