PDA

View Full Version : Ender's game

dolemitesooner
8/13/2007, 12:41 PM
Ok I really really love this book. I have about 40 pages left to go and I don't want to put down but I have to because I am at work and I have to at least look busy.

So anyways this can not be the end of the story when the book ends. I think scottD said somEthing about the series not worth reading after this book. I have to know what happens. Hopefully he does not die or somthing in the end. Is ender in the other books. What about Peter, and Valentine (aka:Locke and Demothethes).

Man This book is so good I don't want the story to end.

yermom
8/13/2007, 12:42 PM
no one believes you can read, you can stop posing

Scott D
8/13/2007, 12:43 PM
So anyways this can not be the end of the story when the book ends. I think scottD said somEthing about the series not worth reading after this book. I have to know what happens. Hopefully he does not die or somthing in the end. Is ender in the other books. What about Peter, and Valentine (aka:Locke and Demothethes).

Man This book is so good I don't want the story to end.

it's not.
the series becomes obvious as to it's aims about the 3rd book.
the spinoff books ended up being better than the post ender's game books.
bean is by far the most intriguing character overall.

dolemitesooner
8/13/2007, 12:44 PM
no one believes you can read, you can stop posing
Read this for me then

GO **** YOURSELF BEYONCE:P

dolemitesooner
8/13/2007, 12:45 PM
it's not.
the series becomes obvious as to it's aims about the 3rd book.
the spinoff books ended up being better than the post ender's game books.
bean is by far the most intriguing character overall.
He is just in this book a touch...What books should I read then. What are these spin-offs that you speak of

Frozen Sooner
8/13/2007, 12:48 PM
Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide are terrible. Ender's Shadow, Shadow Puppets, Shadow of the Hegemon are all great.

Scott D
8/13/2007, 12:50 PM
He is just in this book a touch...What books should I read then. What are these spin-offs that you speak of

there are a group of books told from Bean's perspective that all have Shadow in the title (ie.. Ender's Shadow, Hegemon's Shadow, etc.)

Bean was the only full fledged spinoff, but there was rumor about one from Peter's perspective, and possibly one from Petra's perspective. Valentine was always intended to be a "bit" player in the entire sequence.

bri
8/13/2007, 12:56 PM
Dude, if you're gonna read the series, read 'em all and form your own opinion. But then, I'm a completist.

dolemitesooner
8/13/2007, 01:00 PM
Dude, if you're gonna read the series, read 'em all and form your own opinion. But then, I'm a completist.
Sound's like a plan...I am kinda the say way.

Have you read them all bri

Scott D
8/13/2007, 01:02 PM
oh and ironically the film version is going to suck because they are combining Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow to make a film version of Ender's Game.

bri
8/13/2007, 01:04 PM
Sound's like a plan...I am kinda the say way.

Have you read them all bri

I've read all the Ender books and Ender's Shadow. I've fallen way off on my required geek reading over the years...

crawfish
Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide are terrible. Ender's Shadow, Shadow Puppets, Shadow of the Hegemon are all great.

I thought Speaker for the Dead was great - it's very different from Ender's Game, but amazing in its own way.

Xenocide & Children of the Mind REALLY suck, though. Incredibly boring.

The rest of the Ender's XXX books are pretty good. Ender's Shadow is the Ender's Game story retold from the perspective of Bean...the rest continue his (and Peter's) story.

Scott D
that is slacking of a john blake proportion ;)

dolemitesooner
8/13/2007, 01:06 PM
I've read all the Ender books and Ender's Shadow. I've fallen way off on my required geek reading over the years...
****ing slacking beyonce

silverwheels
8/13/2007, 01:08 PM
oh and ironically the film version is going to suck because they are combining Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow to make a film version of Ender's Game.

That sucks, although I've only read Ender's Game, and that was in 9th grade.

bri
8/13/2007, 03:26 PM
****ing slacking beyonce

I know. "Going outside" has really eroded my nerd cred. :D

dolemitesooner
8/15/2007, 02:40 PM
WHHHATTTT ...are you kidding me

I just got to the part were they told him the simulations were real.....WHHHHATTT

this book is so good

crawfish
8/17/2007, 08:16 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/nighttime_stories.jpg

dolemitesooner
8/17/2007, 08:33 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/nighttime_stories.jpg

rofl:D