PDA

View Full Version : What are you going to get your significant other for Valentines?

LilSooner
2/5/2004, 09:26 PM
What say you?

OklahomaTrombone
2/5/2004, 09:27 PM
Nothing...becuase I don't have a significant other :(

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/5/2004, 09:28 PM
What is this significant other of which you speak? All the guys without valentines can buy me stuff.

jk the sooner fan
2/5/2004, 09:29 PM
rhino.......bat signal....answer the call

Fred Garvin
2/5/2004, 09:40 PM
I'm the world's worst gift buyer, so I'll be watching this thread closely for ideas. That way, I won't end up buying another dolphin shaped candle.

NYSooner1355
2/5/2004, 09:45 PM
I'm thinking I should be exempt - I got her a ring for Christmas - I hope there are a few on my side

afs
2/5/2004, 09:46 PM
i have no idea but i need to get something neutral in case i decide to break things off in a month.

NYSooner1355
2/5/2004, 09:51 PM
i have no idea but i need to get something neutral in case i decide to break things off in a month.

Is she an AF chick or a local girl?? If she is a local girl you can tell her you are being PCS'd, she won't know the difference - then just hide out for a little while.

If she is an AF chick - you're done, you might as well buy the ring now ;)

Norman Sooner
2/5/2004, 09:56 PM
significant other? whats that?

Howzit
2/5/2004, 10:03 PM
Nothing big. A cheap bouquet of flowers. A bottle of Champagne. I'll cook her dinner - probably pasta in clam sauce. We'll pawn the kid off on her best friend's parents for the night - I think they are agoraphobic and never leave the house. I'll give her a foot massage.

Then she is PUTTY IN MY FREAKIN HANDS!!!!

Maybe for the next week.

KC//CRIMSON
2/5/2004, 10:04 PM
I plan on buying my hand a nice card :D

OklahomaTrombone
2/5/2004, 10:05 PM
BRILLIANT!

Jerk
2/5/2004, 10:06 PM
I'm going to get her a box of generic perfume from Eckards.

soonerboomer93
2/5/2004, 10:18 PM
oh yeah, like i can find anyone to sucker into dating me

bri
2/5/2004, 10:37 PM
A tire patching kit.

She's starting to look a little worn around the seams...

OUthunder
2/5/2004, 10:38 PM
A bottle of nice perfume and the new Nora Jones CD available February 10.

Maybe I'll cook dinner if she's really nice.

Al Gore
2/5/2004, 10:50 PM
I plan on buying my hand a nice card :DWhat's the card going to say???

Al Gore
2/5/2004, 10:51 PM
Any suggestions????

Stoop Dawg
2/5/2004, 11:37 PM
I'm thinking I should be exempt - I got her a ring for Christmas - I hope there are a few on my side

Exempt from Valentines Day??? BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!

Dude, don't ever, EVER, EVER think that.

Blue
2/5/2004, 11:44 PM
Exempt from Valentines Day??? BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!

Dude, don't ever, EVER, EVER think that.

Damn Stoop Dawg! Why did you tell him?

I was looking forward to the, "So, My Wife Kicked Me Out" thread. :D

Stoop Dawg
2/5/2004, 11:49 PM
Fan is all uptight about "unstable families". I'm just doing my part to keep him happy.

Blue
2/5/2004, 11:59 PM
Hell, I came from a stable family and I experimented with girls(Oh my!), drugs, and everything else. It's called being young. You hear that Parents!?! It's gonna happen no matter what you do!

Happy Valentines Day everybody.

SoonerObsession
2/6/2004, 12:26 AM
I for one hate Valentine's Day. I love my wife, but I'm sick of always feeling stressed because I can't get her what I really want to get her. I feel like such a loser everytime holidays roll around. And now I am responsible for her mother's day gift from our baby boys. Somebody hold Cupid down while I grab his freakin wallet will ya?

Ike
2/6/2004, 12:40 AM
Im with you SoonerOb. Im looking for stuff around the house that I can take apart and put back together in a lovey-dovey kinda way...she usually gets a kick out of that stuff....Or I could build her a giant snow-rose in the front lawn

GeneralCartmanLee
2/6/2004, 12:52 AM
Hell, I came from a stable family and I experimented with girls(Oh my!), drugs, and everything else. It's called being young. You hear that Parents!?! It's gonna happen no matter what you do!

Happy Valentines Day everybody.
BS...I also came from a stable family and I have never tried an Illegal drug.

Drugs are for the weak minded!!

Now girls... thats a different story!

Blue
2/6/2004, 01:01 AM
BS...I also came from a stable family and I have never tried an Illegal drug.

Drugs are for the weak minded!!

Now girls... thats a different story!

Excuse me Mr. Cartman. Just being stupid.

BTW, I don't consider myself very weak minded.

jk the sooner fan
2/6/2004, 07:49 AM
I've heard those electronic greetings via email are real trendy......and very personal....give them a try! ;)

crawfish
2/6/2004, 08:37 AM
Dinner at La Mansion at Turtle Creek...
Then we'll take in a play at the Dallas Theater Center...
Then, off to a quaint Bed and Breakfast in Glen View for the weekend. There'll be a bottle of champagne waiting, a filled tup, and soft music playing when we arrive. During the evening I'll give her a five-caret diamond necklace.

crawfish
2/6/2004, 08:38 AM
Nah, I'm just kidding. My wife is very cool about Valentine's, we're celebrating tonight with a movie and a late dinner. She hates the crowds as much as I do.

soonerboomer93
2/6/2004, 08:41 AM
drugs are good...

roostercogburn
2/6/2004, 09:31 AM
I hate Valentines day.

C&CDean
2/6/2004, 11:32 AM
I got my wife an insulated flannel shirt so she can start working with me splitting wood and digging brush on the ranch - in addition to her inside chores. $7.99 on sale at Atwoods. Absolute true story. And she'll LOVE it.

Of course dinner at The Haunted House and some good ol' "emotion lotion" will also be much appreciated by her.

She got me 2 new chainsaw chains. Brandy new. Damn we're a romantic couple.

Fred Garvin,

Get your old lady a shiny little satan statue. Or an upside down cross. If she's anything like you, she'll dig it.

AMSooner
2/6/2004, 11:41 AM
I hope to be getting a new sprinkler system. Not very romantic, but we've been together too long to spend money on stupid stuff like candy and flowers. We'll probably cook a nice dinner so we don't have to go out and I will enjoy my sprinkler system all summer.

OUDL
2/6/2004, 12:00 PM
You guys SUCK at this...

My birthday is valentines day and I hate it more than any of you can imagine...

but yet,

My girlfriend is getting a nice evening on the town, then a nice hotel where we can relax, and then as a present i bought her some contemporary art. something that i know she loves and will enjoy and will think of me every time she sees it.

COME ON GUYS... you are better than this...

LilSooner
2/6/2004, 12:20 PM
Exactly you guys do indeed suck and you are not giving me any ideas at all.

Howzit
2/6/2004, 12:46 PM
My girlfriend is getting a nice evening on the town, then a nice hotel where we can relax, and then as a present i bought her some contemporary art.

Sex toys do not qualify as comtemporary art. Just an fyi.

Boarder
2/6/2004, 12:59 PM
Good one, Bri, btw.

Mrs SB's Birthday is on Valentine's day, so I either a)get hit double or b)kill two birds with one stone!

She's getting a new flower arrangement for the dining room. And a Burberry purse. But don't tell her.

And, I'll cook whatever she wants for dinner. It will probably be Veal Parmesan and a German Chocolate cake.

What a nice guy I am.

LilSooner
2/6/2004, 01:01 PM
Boarder you have really good taste. It is my opinion you can never go wrong with burberry :)

Stoop Dawg
2/6/2004, 01:20 PM
COME ON GUYS... you are better than this...

Sadly, no. No we're not. :(

Boarder
2/6/2004, 01:22 PM
Boarder you have really good taste. It is my opinion you can never go wrong with burberry :)

I'm kind of ashamed I know what that is! hehe

OUDL
2/6/2004, 01:44 PM
no really contemporary art

opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3702017477&category=20135&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3702401979&category=20158&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Sexy Sooner Angel
2/6/2004, 01:52 PM
I'm kind of ashamed I know what that is! hehe

There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of it just means that you are well rounded and know what your wife wants!

Mr. SSA knows what Manolo Blahniks are as well as Prada my two favorite designers EVAR! Although he won't admit that to his friends. But it definitely gets him extra points when he can deliver one of those.

So I am letting you know from all the women out there you did a very good job!

Boarder
2/6/2004, 02:00 PM
There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of it just means that you are well rounded and know what your wife wants!

Mr. SSA knows what Manolo Blahniks are as well as Prada my two favorite designers EVAR! Although he won't admit that to his friends. But it definitely gets him extra points when he can deliver one of those.

So I am letting you know from all the women out there you did a very good job!

I'm going to help Dean out on this one.

There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of it just means that you are well rounded and know what your wife wants!= GAY!

:D

salth2o
2/6/2004, 02:04 PM
Mrs. salth2o and I decided last night, no gifts and no cards for Valentines day.

...I found this somewhere...

F^ck Valentines Day:

Hearts and roses and kisses galore...
What the hell is all that **** for?
People get mushy and start acting queer
It is definitely the most annoying day of the year
This day needs to get the hell over with and pass
Before i shove a dozen roses up Cupid's ***
I'll spend the day so drunk I can't speak
And wear all black for the rest of the week
Guys act all sweet, but it soon will fade
For all they are doing is trying to get laid
The arrow Cupid shot at me must not have hit
Because I think love is a crock of ****
So here's my story...what else can I say?

Love bites my ***...**** Valentines Day!

TUSooner
2/6/2004, 02:06 PM
I should probably give her what she really wants: An evening alone with the remote control, a bottle of wine, and no one to cook for or clean up after. Then, if all goes well, the romantic stuff comes later - maybe a week later, but still......

Rhino
2/6/2004, 02:36 PM
S*** B**** Bear (http://www.tomatoalligator.com/)

RacerX
2/6/2004, 02:44 PM
she reads the boards.

sorry.

Sexy Sooner Angel
2/6/2004, 02:46 PM
I'm going to help Dean out on this one.

There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of it just means that you are well rounded and know what your wife wants!= GAY!

:D

Yes it might take away a little bit on your masculine side, but just think if you keep the wifey happy then she will prolly keep you really happy!!

bri
2/6/2004, 02:49 PM
ZANG!

OklahomaTrombone
2/6/2004, 02:52 PM
ZIP!

http://www.texasblows.com/ou/ou%20373.jpg

C&CDean
2/6/2004, 02:54 PM
Yes it might take away a little bit on your masculine side, but just think if you keep the wifey happy then she will prolly keep you really happy!!

Nah, she'll just think he's a limp-wristed panty waist. Hell, he's not well rounded anyhow (his butt is, but he's not). He hates live theater. He hates Chicago.

Everybody knows that real men; men who are comfortable with their masculinity AND femininity, love live theater. Especially live theater in Chicago.

Perfume? Handbags? That ****'s gay. The only thing I need my honey to put behind her ears for me is her ankles.

Howzit
2/6/2004, 03:04 PM
The only thing I need my honey to put behind her ears for me is her ankles.

And the only thing I need my honey to put behind MY ears is her ankles.

C&CDean
2/6/2004, 03:08 PM
Touche' Howzit, touche'. I'm actually thinking more along the lines of her inner thighs though.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/6/2004, 03:33 PM
I'm with AM. We've been together too long but back in the day we'd do all of the romantic stuff.

This year I'm buying a new digital camera for us. He made some kind of perverted comment about us making Valentine pictures.

But I just can't figure out what he means by that.

bri
2/6/2004, 03:35 PM
Heh.

Can I have copies? :p

Mjcpr
2/6/2004, 03:37 PM
You're not married to Al are you BSG?

SOONtobe#1
2/6/2004, 03:55 PM
If you go to one on the smaller airports (I live in Houston) you can usually
rent a plane for an hour or two that will take you around the city.........I did
this a few years back and it was great.......we saw the downtown skyline and
flew on to Galveston and back.........it was a small 4 seat Cessna and (if I remember
correctly) only cost $100-$200...........

This year I will be taking Mrs. SOONto be to the club that we had
our wedding reception for a small romantic dinner (it is a surprise).........

Small price to pay considering the patience she has for me
during football season.....

LilSooner
2/6/2004, 09:07 PM
I like the **** Bitch bear that is awesome! Any girl would be lucky to get that!!!

Jerk
2/6/2004, 09:36 PM
I'm going to give her a can of whoop ***

http://forums.consumptionjunction.com/attachment.php?postid=21990

RacerX
2/13/2006, 03:21 PM
Geez Lil, isn't one of these threads enough?

Stanley1
2/13/2006, 03:23 PM
Nothing...becuase I don't have a significant other :(

I'll be your Huckleberry. :O

OUAndy1807
2/13/2006, 03:24 PM
wow, we've had this board for 2 years?

So, what's everyone getting? I just got the wife a purple, heart shaped pillow that's filled with lavender, which is supposed to help you sleep better.

Beef
2/13/2006, 03:27 PM
I'm prolly gonna give my right hand a beer or 6. Any more than that and I might not get any action.

IB4OU2
2/13/2006, 03:30 PM
Those humpers up here delivered my wifes roses today........:mad:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/13/2006, 03:31 PM
I'm getting him two of what I got him last year.. .

not a damn thing because there isn't a SigO

Mjcpr
2/13/2006, 03:31 PM
'Bout 11"

Sooner_Bob
2/13/2006, 03:33 PM
I'll be cooking steaks for all three of my ladies . . .

Stanley1
2/13/2006, 03:34 PM
'Bout 1"

Fixed. You accidentally hit the "1" key twice.

Sooner_Bob
'Bout 2"

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif

Mjcpr
I'll be cooking steaks for all three of my ladies . . .

You old dog you!!!

Mjcpr
2/13/2006, 03:35 PM
Fixed. You accidentally hit the "1" key twice.

Good catch....I meant to say 12.

:O