PDA

View Full Version : I guess they are pretty serious about football in Alabama

David Earl
8/13/2007, 12:20 PM
Which high school team is the best? Is it worth getting shot over?

Linkage (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293072,00.html)

snp
8/13/2007, 12:46 PM
Can high schools compete for the Fulmer Cup?

Edmond Sooner
8/13/2007, 01:30 PM
I see in the article the words "party" and "4:30 a.m." What's anyone want to bet that the words "much" and "alcohol" are two words that will show up in future articles about this tragedy? My sympathy to the victim's family.

David Earl
8/13/2007, 01:47 PM
Edmond is surely correct about the alcohol. Sad for the families indeed.

Spray
8/14/2007, 08:23 AM
Good lord! Its obviously Prattville! They beat Hoover for the state title last year!

zeke
8/14/2007, 09:56 AM
Sad story. I'd bet your right about the alcohol being involved.
Being older than the others I wonder if the person who was shot was trying to stop the argument or if she was involved in it.

Nothing good ever happens after mid-night...

OSUAggie
8/14/2007, 10:44 AM
I see in the article the words "party" and "4:30 a.m." What's anyone want to bet that the words "much" and "alcohol" are two words that will show up in future articles about this tragedy? My sympathy to the victim's family.

Yes, the 35-year-old victim that was killed at 4:30 AM by teenagers. Sad, indeed.

I don't know what kind of back-to-school high school parties you've been to at National Guard Armories, but it's highly unlikely that alcohol was served there.

Edmond Sooner
8/14/2007, 11:08 AM
Yes, the 35-year-old victim that was killed at 4:30 AM by teenagers. Sad, indeed.

I don't know what kind of back-to-school high school parties you've been to at National Guard Armories, but it's highly unlikely that alcohol was served there.

Let's see. Teenagers; 4:30 A.M.; Party; Argument; Gunfire; Dead woman. I say the odds are so good that alcohol was involved that most sensible people, reading this story and then hearing a person dismiss the possibility that drinking could have been involved because the festivities took place at a National Guard Armory, would just point and laugh at that person. Only an Aggie would be so asinine at to believe that the magic words "National Guard Armory" would be some kind of serious deterrent to teenagers getting tanked up in the middle of the night.

Boomer.....
8/14/2007, 11:15 AM
He said served. I doubt alcohol was served, but that doesn't mean that the kids didn't bring some themselves or drink before.

Edmond Sooner
8/14/2007, 11:23 AM
He said served. I doubt alcohol was served, but that doesn't mean that the kids didn't bring some themselves or drink before.

I didn't say "served," either, in the post he was responding too. He was just serving up snark, no matter how one wishes to parse it.

OSUAggie
8/14/2007, 11:28 AM
I didn't say alcohol wasn't involved, as Boomer.... pointed out. My statement was in reference to you drawing the correlation between "party" and "much" "alcohol", even though the party in question was likely a non-alcoholic event.

For some reason, when I read the article I don't get the image of a poor, innocent 35-year-old woman just trying to keep the peace between high schoolers in central Alabama. There are questions that come to mind, like, "What the **** was she doing at 4:30 AM worrying about how ****ty Prattville might be in 2007?" Perhaps I'm wrong, but there needs to be much more information about the story to draw any sort of conclusive feelings about it (other than the obvious feelings about shooting folks and what not).

Edmond Sooner
8/14/2007, 11:41 AM
I didn't say alcohol wasn't involved, as Boomer.... pointed out. My statement was in reference to you drawing the correlation between "party" and "much" "alcohol", even though the party in question was likely a non-alcoholic event.

For some reason, when I read the article I don't get the image of a poor, innocent 35-year-old woman just trying to keep the peace between high schoolers in central Alabama. There are questions that come to mind, like, "What the **** was she doing at 4:30 AM worrying about how ****ty Prattville might be in 2007?" Perhaps I'm wrong, but there needs to be much more information about the story to draw any sort of conclusive feelings about it (other than the obvious feelings about shooting folks and what not).

Good lord you must have all kinds of idle time on your hands to be able to indulge it arguing about minute definitions about the words "party," "alcohol," and "served." All I stated in my original post was that the words "much" and "alcohol" were probably involved. I didn't say who served that alcohol. I didn't say the party itself was an "official" alcoholic event. I even went so far as to qualify my remarks by stating that my speculations would be dependent upon further articles detailing events. Now, just what exactly is your malfunction (Besides Aggie, that is)?