PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove resigning at the end of August

royalfan5
8/13/2007, 10:30 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6943814.stm

I'm hoping Sic'em is named as his replacement.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/13/2007, 10:39 AM
SicEm would roll back lots of entitlements, I think.

royalfan5
8/13/2007, 10:43 AM
SicEm would roll back lots of entitlements, I think.
Sic'em would have to get someone to take him seriously first though. I just want Sic'em to get the job for the comedic potential.

8/13/2007, 10:46 AM
Bush should name Alberto Gonzales to take on that job, in addition to AG, just for the sh*t-storm in the media! It would be fun to watch!

Ike
8/13/2007, 10:56 AM
Bush should name Alberto Gonzales to take on that job, in addition to AG, just for the sh*t-storm in the media! It would be fun to watch!

Surely he can find some other incompetent boob to fill that slot? Theres no way Gonzo is the only one in the country.

jk the sooner fan
8/13/2007, 11:03 AM
damn, i had money on hatfield starting this thread

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2007, 01:55 PM
Rove resigning is a huge net positive for the Republic in general.

And yes, I would roll back entitlements. I would personally rip the social security check out of the hands of a 90 year old great-grandmother on a rascal if that's what it took. But that's a bit beyond the job description for a Senior Advisor to the President.

Chuck Bao
8/13/2007, 01:57 PM
That guy is evil. He deserves no legacy except for shame. With that being said, pretty funny about his parting shot at Hillary.

8/13/2007, 02:14 PM
That guy is evil. He deserves no legacy except for shame. With that being said, pretty funny about his parting shot at Hillary.Let's hear the reasons why Rove is evil?.?

Fugue
8/13/2007, 02:18 PM
That guy is evil. He deserves no legacy except for shame.

Rove or SicEm?

:texan:

Hatfield
8/13/2007, 03:31 PM
damn, i had money on hatfield starting this thread

i don't think this is as big a deal as the media wants it to be. it certainly isn't a victory of any sort. I think it has more to do with him going to work for a gop candidate for 08 (most likely thompson) and i think if he would have stayed past sept. 1 he would have had to remain through bush's term...could be wrong on that.

JohnnyMack
8/13/2007, 03:51 PM
i don't think this is as big a deal as the media wants it to be. it certainly isn't a victory of any sort. I think it has more to do with him going to work for a gop candidate for 08 (most likely thompson) and i think if he would have stayed past sept. 1 he would have had to remain through bush's term...could be wrong on that.

If Rove joins Fred's campaign, I'm not voting.

Chuck Bao
8/13/2007, 04:08 PM
Let's hear the reasons why Rove is evil?.?

Negative campaigning? Hate / fear mongering?

Unfortunately, this strategu is effective.

Harry Beanbag
8/13/2007, 04:11 PM
Negative campaigning? Hate / fear mongering?

Unfortunately, this strategu is effective.

Yep, worked for the Democrats last November.

8/13/2007, 04:15 PM
Yep, worked for the Democrats last November.3 WORDS: Mark Foley macaca!-won the House and Senate!

King Crimson
8/13/2007, 04:21 PM
i'll agree that Rove needs to jump ship now if he wants to have a viable future political career that doesn't involve playing golf at Pete Dye's Teeth of the Dog community with Rummy in their gated, semi-military neocon complex in Puerto Rico....where you go when you "took one for the team".

he'll be remembered as a "great strategist".

JohnnyMack
8/13/2007, 04:28 PM
3 WORDS: Mark Foley macaca!-won the House and Senate!

That was the Dem's fault?

8/13/2007, 04:30 PM
That was the Dem's fault?Their supporters in MSM. They got the job done.

JohnnyMack
8/13/2007, 04:34 PM
Their supporters in MSM. They got the job done.

:norm:

Scott D
8/13/2007, 04:58 PM

The only thing for absolute sureness in this post is that everyone that works on the staff was told by the Chief of Staff that if they stayed on past the end of August they'd be on until Jan of 09.

Scott D
8/13/2007, 05:01 PM
i'll agree that Rove needs to jump ship now if he wants to have a viable future political career that doesn't involve playing golf at Pete Dye's Teeth of the Dog community with Rummy in their gated, semi-military neocon complex in Puerto Rico....where you go when you "took one for the team".

he'll be remembered as a "great strategist".

well that and the fact that if the democratic leadership is dumb enough to try and go after him again now that he's a "civilian" since there's time for GW to give him a Presidential pardon provided that they managed to get him jailed.

Tear Down This Wall
8/13/2007, 05:10 PM
http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/a/a8/WonderWoman.jpg

Obligatory Wonder Woman Post

jeremy885
8/13/2007, 06:40 PM
http://www.phunnypictures.com/pics/wondergrosslady.jpg

Obligatory Wonder Woman Post

:eek:

8/13/2007, 11:41 PM
:eek:YEEEOOOOWWWWCH!

OklahomaTuba
8/14/2007, 12:06 AM
As long as I don't have to see him dance or try to rap again, I don't give a ****.

goingoneight
8/14/2007, 01:45 AM
Any word yet on the new strategery? :confused:

SicEmBaylor
8/14/2007, 01:47 AM
Any word yet on the new strategery? :confused:
Run out the clock.

SicEmBaylor
8/14/2007, 02:21 AM
Rove should NEVER EVER have been put in a position of actual governing. He's a brilliant political strategist whose talent is in electing candidates. The duty of governing day to day and actual policy should have been left to other people.

Its been pointed out before, but it bears repeating that Rove was as successful as he was because he demonized the opposition and created thick lines of division better than anyone else that I could imagine. Rove orchestrated the 2002 Republican mid-term victories by essentially accusing Congressional Democrats of being Anti-American and quasi-responsible for 9/11. This was just a year after the attacks. After all of that, Rove is then in charge of working with Congress which requires the cultivation of a positive relationship with members of both parties in order to positively advance the President's agenda.

Now, on top of the fact that Rove is the very last person who should have been in charge of advancing the White House's agenda on Capitol Hill -- you had a pervasive culture of "my way or the highway" in the Republican Party itself that Rove is largely responsible for that created further division. That attitude wasn't limited to the opposition either, the White House has often used that same tactic for members of its own damned party in Congress! On top of all that, I think Rove's strategy of courting the Hispanic vote at the expense of our national security and the integrity of our borders has been his most heinous crime while serving in the White House.

RLIMC asked why Rove is evil. Evil is just hyperbole rhetoric, but there are plenty of examples as to why Rove has been very bad for the Republic. The strict insistence on absolute secrecy within the White House that both the President and Rove are responsible for has been absolutely horrible for Democracy. Our Republic and national leaders can only truly be trusted if there's transparency in government and we haven't had a damned bit of it in the last 7 years. Regardless of how asinine Congress can be sometimes, there's absolutely every reason in the world to expect members of the White House to regularly testify before Congress. That very rarely happened and when it did those administration officials stonewalled very step of the way.

Frankly, I'm as sick of Karl Rove as anyone could possibly be. I'm as sick of this administration as much as any conservative possibly could be as well.

Ike
8/14/2007, 02:29 AM
Its been pointed out before, but it bears repeating that Rove was as successful as he was because he daemonized the opposition and created thick lines of division better than anyone else that I could imagine.

He turned the opposition into background *NIX processes?

SicEmBaylor
8/14/2007, 02:34 AM
He turned the opposition into background *NIX processes?
He is THAT good.

Ike
8/14/2007, 02:38 AM
He is THAT good.

Not only is he a brilliant/evil political strategist, but he is also a brilliant and evil C++ coder as well.

He's white and nerdy.

SoonerKnight
8/14/2007, 02:42 AM
Rove should NEVER EVER have been put in a position of actual governing. He's a brilliant political strategist whose talent is in electing candidates. The duty of governing day to day and actual policy should have been left to other people.
Frankly, I'm as sick of Karl Rove as anyone could possibly be. I'm as sick of this administration as much as any conservative possibly could be as well.

I agree with you 100%!! Rove is a horses A**!!! Bush and his cronies need to go!!! I don't care who gets in office I guarantee it will be better than what Bush has done! It is only a matter of time before people realize that this administration has really screwed up our economy! Just watch! The next President is going to be a one termer you'll see!!! It will fall in their lap!:pop:

8/14/2007, 10:48 AM
1)...I think Rove's strategy of courting the Hispanic vote at the expense of our national security and the integrity of our borders has been his most heinous crime while serving in the White House.

2)RLIMC asked why Rove is evil. Evil is just hyperbole rhetoric, but there are plenty of examples as to why Rove has been very bad for the Republic. The strict insistence on absolute secrecy within the White House that both the President and Rove are responsible for has been absolutely horrible for Democracy.

Why do you think that Rove is responsible for Bush's amnesty policy? There are lots of republicans who seem to think amnesty is a good idea. They are being foolish, IMO, but nevertheless, how can you claim Rove is the mastermind of amnesty with the republicans?
2) Far from absolute secrecy, practically every security or GWOT measure they have attempted has been "leaked" by someone or other.

OklahomaTuba
8/14/2007, 12:09 PM
Rove orchestrated the 2002 Republican mid-term victories by essentially accusing Congressional Democrats of being Anti-American and quasi-responsible for 9/11.

Most of your post is total BS. Nevertheless, I think this little tid-bit should be pointed out for its complete lack of factual basis.

The donks did/and are still trying to do anything in their power to surrender to AQ, repeal the patriot act and basically trash the other means that The President had set forth to protect this nation and gain intel on the people that attacked us and killed 3,000 people in a matter of a couple of hours.

If the donks came off as quasi-responsible for 9/11, it was their own damn fault because they were in charge all those years before, and let AQ gain in strength, attack us time and time again, and DID NOTHING!

And yet, even after all of that, they seem content to handcuff our government from protecting its people at every turn.

Rove had nothing to do with any of that.

jk the sooner fan
8/14/2007, 12:11 PM
one thing is for certain....he'll write a book and sell a buttload of them

OklahomaTuba
8/14/2007, 12:14 PM
It is only a matter of time before people realize that this administration has really screwed up our economy! Just watch!

SK, your tin foil hat is on a little too tight bro.

Amazing how some people actually look forward to economic slowdowns, so they can blame Bush for them.

Such is life in LiberalFantasyLand™

picasso
8/14/2007, 12:23 PM
amazing how many losers have a hard-on for this guy.

jk the sooner fan
8/14/2007, 12:27 PM
amazing how many losers have a hard-on for this guy.

amazing how many think he is more than he actually is

OklahomaTuba
8/14/2007, 12:34 PM
Looks like Obama just hired Rove.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070814/NEWS08/208140358/-1/news08

JohnnyMack
8/14/2007, 12:42 PM
“What we need to do is send a clearer message that we are not going to be there forever, we aren’t going to have permanent bases, but we are willing to work with you,’’ Obama said.

I like.

“I asked him how many troops would it take to get the Shia and Sunni to stop fighting each other in Iraq,’’ relayed Bramante whose brother, Fred, was a four-time Republican candidate for governor.

“He said there is no number, and that’s absolutely the right answer. These people have been fighting with each other for 1,700 years,’’ said Bramante, an independent.

Damned common sense gettin' in the way and all.

OklahomaTuba
8/14/2007, 01:25 PM
All the more reason to invade Pakistan!!!!

JohnnyMack
8/14/2007, 01:31 PM
We had more business in Pakistan post 09/11 than we did in Iraq.

OklahomaTuba
8/14/2007, 01:33 PM
Except for the tiny fact that Pakistan was helping us.

But hey, Pakistan will be a cake walk compared to Iraq!! Go Hussein!

SicEmBaylor
8/14/2007, 02:52 PM
Except for the tiny fact that Pakistan was helping us.

But hey, Pakistan will be a cake walk compared to Iraq!! Go Hussein!

Well if by helping you mean coercing with the threat of force and buying them off in the neighborhood of billions of dollars in aid then, yes. They're great friends. :rolleyes:

KABOOKIE
8/14/2007, 02:54 PM
What happen to the "Hussein says American troops are murdering civilians?" thread?

jdsooner
8/15/2007, 12:28 PM
Karl Rove--The genius behind the moron! Thanks a lot!

OklahomaTuba
8/15/2007, 12:37 PM
What happen to the "Hussein says American troops are murdering civilians?" thread?

Its the new and improved south oval.

Now with 35% more censorship!! (one of the reasons I dropped my sponsorship BTW)

OklahomaTuba
8/15/2007, 12:39 PM
Well if by helping you mean coercing with the threat of force and buying them off in the neighborhood of billions of dollars in aid then, yes. They're great friends. :rolleyes:

And that's worse than invading them and putting more American lives at risk somehow???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
8/15/2007, 12:45 PM
And that's worse than invading them and putting more American lives at risk somehow???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I wasn't looking at those two options as an either/or proposition.
I'm not even saying it isnt' worth the cost (assuming they were genuinely as cooperative as possible); I'm saying that fact hardly makes them our best bosom buddy in the region.

OklahomaTuba
8/15/2007, 12:54 PM
I wasn't looking at those two options as an either/or proposition.
I'm not even saying it isnt' worth the cost (assuming they were genuinely as cooperative as possible); I'm saying that fact hardly makes them our best bosom buddy in the region.

I wasn't saying they were our best bosom buddy in the region either, but without Pakistan helping us, we would have NEVER gotten this guy:

http://www.september11news.com/March1_2003_Captre_KhalidShaikhMohammed.jpg

SicEmBaylor
8/15/2007, 01:04 PM
I wasn't saying they were our best bosom buddy in the region either, but without Pakistan helping us, we would have NEVER gotten this guy:

http://www.september11news.com/March1_2003_Captre_KhalidShaikhMohammed.jpg

Touche' They gave us that guy while continuing to harbor this guy:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060630/060630_binLaden_vmed.widec.jpg

JohnnyMack
8/15/2007, 01:06 PM
Meanwhile if they had elected me in 2000 I would have carpet bombed the Afghan/Pakistan border further back into the stone ages until they gave him up or he was killed.

And I would have stayed out of Iraq.

KABOOKIE
8/15/2007, 01:13 PM
Meanwhile if they had elected me in 2000 I would have carpet bombed the Afghan/Pakistan border further back into the stone ages until they gave him up or he was killed.

And I would have stayed out of Iraq.

Thanks Barak.

JohnnyMack
8/15/2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks Barak.

http://www.cepolina.com/freephoto/f/other.food/cracker.snack.bread.jpg

KABOOKIE
8/15/2007, 01:18 PM
That's racist.

LosAngelesSooner
8/15/2007, 01:36 PM
Its the new and improved south oval.

Now with 35% more censorship!! (one of the reasons I dropped my sponsorship BTW)

WAH!

:rolleyes:

KABOOKIE
8/15/2007, 01:38 PM
I'm starting a good chuckle here.