PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Wings

Turd_Ferguson
8/12/2007, 11:56 AM
Who's got a good recipe? It can't be too hot cause kid's will be eat'n them, but I don't mind making a flaming hot batch for the big kids. TIA

Newbomb Turk
8/12/2007, 12:23 PM
I make a breaded and un-breaded version. I like the breaded ones.

(The amounts are approximate - I don't measure anything)
Depending on the amount of wings you are making, take about a cup or so of flour. Season in with about a tsp of black papper, 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp lawrys.

Toss the wings in this mixture - I toss them in a big plastic bowl. Put a cover on the bowl and throw it in the fridge for around an hour. This will get the breading gooey and it sticks to the wings better.

For the sauce, I mix around 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Franks Hot Sauce, 1 or 2 tablespoons of margarine, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1/4 tsp celery seeds. Dash in some black pepper and/or cayenne to give it more kick if you want. Simmer this just till the marg. is melted and everything is combined.

Deep fry the breaded wings for about 10-12 minutes.

Put the fried wings on a baking sheet that has a wire rack on top of the sheet. (the wire rack really helps). I brush the sauce on the wings (you can also put the wings in a bowl and toss coat them with the sauce) - brushing the sauce helps keep them less hot. Then stick them in a 400 oven for 5-10 minutes to crisp them up a bit - you can turn the broiler on for a few minutes if you like.

You can make them pretty much the same way with out the breading if you prefer.

critical_phil
8/12/2007, 12:26 PM
for my sauce, i just use Trappey's Red Devil and butter.

they're hard to mess up.

GottaHavePride
8/12/2007, 12:30 PM
Most kids nowadays can handle hotter foods than the adults. Seriously, my aunt and uncle complain about wings being too hot and they aren't even half the heat of The Vista's mild wings.

85Sooner
8/12/2007, 12:36 PM
I have finally discovered a better way than before.

I season the wings with salt and pepper then throw them on the green egg at around 325 for about 45 minutes. THen let the oil drip out for about 5-10 minutes on paper towels. Cut into pieces then shake in ziploc bags with whatever sauce flavor you like. Darn good and far less fat.

Frozen Sooner
8/12/2007, 12:42 PM
I ate some buffalo wings last night that agreed with me not at all.

Right around 2am, I woke up and yurked. Let me tell you-that's not a pleasant sensation to yurk spicy stuff. Your throat burns FOREVER.

Newbomb Turk
8/12/2007, 12:53 PM
I have finally discovered a better way than before.

I season the wings with salt and pepper then throw them on the green egg at around 325 for about 45 minutes. THen let the oil drip out for about 5-10 minutes on paper towels. Cut into pieces then shake in ziploc bags with whatever sauce flavor you like. Darn good and far less fat.

I've tried grilling them kind of like you did. You're right, less fat but I don't like them as much.

OCUDad
8/12/2007, 01:02 PM
I ate some buffalo wings last night that agreed with me not at all.

Right around 2am, I woke up and yurked. Let me tell you-that's not a pleasant sensation to yurk spicy stuff. Your throat burns FOREVER.
Three words: T. M. I.

soonerbrat
8/12/2007, 01:47 PM
call Buffalo Wild Wings and order some..then go pick them up.
that's my recipe.

85Sooner
8/12/2007, 01:56 PM
I've tried grilling them kind of like you did. You're right, less fat but I don't like them as much.

I think the difference you will see is the egg is more of a convection cooker so the texture is more like a fried wing rather than a grilled one.

Newbomb Turk
8/12/2007, 01:59 PM
call Buffalo Wild Wings and order some

if you have a phone.

;)

soonerbrat
8/12/2007, 02:20 PM
if you have a phone.

;)

i got a new one
and i have phone numbers on it too...about 10. just 90 to go :D

swardboy
8/12/2007, 03:50 PM
Place wings in cooking pan on aluminum foil....use Durkee's St. Louis Chicken and Rib rub and/or 5th Seasons Seasoned Salt. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, then broil for 10 -15 minutes. Great taste, not a "hot" recipe.

critical_phil
8/12/2007, 07:03 PM
i got a new one
and i have phone numbers on it too...about 10. just 90 to go :D

i don't even know 100 people, let alone 100 i want to talk to....

Newbomb Turk
8/12/2007, 07:07 PM

amen dat.

which is why I don't normally carry a cell phone.

oumartin
8/12/2007, 07:22 PM
what are buffalo wings?

Newbomb Turk
8/12/2007, 07:37 PM
what are buffalo wings?

it's the part of the buffalo that enables them to fly.

soonerbrat
8/12/2007, 08:12 PM

most of them are family
my mom has a bunch of siblings and i have 20 first cousins just on my mom's side..

then i have all the people that play poker with me and various other friends...also had all my coworkers' numbers in there.

StoopTroup
8/12/2007, 09:52 PM
Try the Suicide.

Go Homicide if you can eat raw habeneros with a smile.

Wings To Go (http://www.okwingstogo.com/)

Jimminy Crimson
8/14/2007, 02:22 AM
...also had all my coworkers' numbers in there.

All of them? :eek:

goingoneight
8/14/2007, 02:44 AM
they're hard to mess up.

Those are the good kind... some could fark up a PBJ 'round here. :O

soonerbrat
8/14/2007, 06:27 AM
All of them? :eek:

ok, the people in my department. i doubt my phone would've held ALL of their numbers