PDA

View Full Version : I think I know why..

Jerk
8/12/2007, 11:23 AM
the family owned company I worked for that gave us 4 digit christmas bonuses, free healthcare, and good compensation sold out to the giant mega-corporation.

It's called 'bull**** lawsuits from societys leaches'

I won't go into any more detail than that.

Such is the world we live in.

85Sooner
8/12/2007, 12:41 PM
the family owned company I worked for that gave us 4 digit christmas bonuses, free healthcare, and good compensation sold out to the giant mega-corporation.

It's called 'bull**** lawsuits from societys leaches'

I won't go into any more detail than that.

Such is the world we live in.

Probably so. Damn lawyers should be poster children for the effectiveness of 38 cal shells. ( of course none of the ones on here though) :D

Okla-homey
8/12/2007, 01:20 PM
Probably so. Damn lawyers should be poster children for the effectiveness of 38 cal shells. ( of course none of the ones on here though) :D

I would like to remind folks:

1) Lawyers are merely handmaidens of the law, and,
2) Plaintiffs are the folks who sue, and,
3) Juries, made up of ordinary folks, award the cash.

:)

sanantoniosooner
8/12/2007, 01:22 PM
And sharks like chum.

rufnek05
8/12/2007, 01:27 PM
but then you have that mike gassaway or what ever his name is. that really bad over actor who takes all the "victims" sides. you okc people know who i'm talkina bout

bri
8/12/2007, 08:30 PM
What caliber should we designate for annoying commissioned salesmen?

Jerk
8/12/2007, 08:32 PM
.308 Win...

Oh wait, nevermind. I'll probably be selling cars down at Bob Howard in about a month or so.

royalfan5
8/12/2007, 08:33 PM
Probably some truck driver ruined it for everybody.

Jerk
8/12/2007, 08:34 PM
Probably some truck driver ruined it for everybody.

Yep. I can't argue with that.

garland sooner
8/12/2007, 08:57 PM
I bet it was Dan Davis *dunnnn!*

Frozen Sooner
8/12/2007, 08:59 PM

:)

Remember, folks. 20-ton semis don't kill people. Truckers all hopped up on methamphetamine do.

Lawyers just sue the crap out of anyone standing around at the time. ;)

(And no, I know that your average trucker gets drug-tested pretty frequently.)

Jerk
8/12/2007, 09:10 PM
Remember, folks. 20-ton semis don't kill people. Truckers all hopped up on methamphetamine do.

Lawyers just sue the crap out of anyone standing around at the time. ;)

(And no, I know that your average trucker gets drug-tested pretty frequently.)

It was actually an employee of the company who sued, and for a totally crap reason, too. I bet after that, the owners said "let's cash out while we still can"

SoonerBOI
8/12/2007, 09:14 PM
society is so screwed. Government too!

StoopTroup
8/12/2007, 09:42 PM
Sellouts are worse than the guy who sued.

If the guy won or they settled...they must have been negligent.

Juries aren't handing out the settlements they once used too.

More than likely it was good old Corporate greed that made the owners sell.

Corporations don't like competition, plus they have the dough to give the owners an offer they can't refuse.

I work for a large Corporation. They treat their employees bad enough. I can imagine how they'd treat the competition if they didn't have to even make them an offer. They would go in like Walmart and drive them out of business not caring if they even ruined a family owned business.

Lets look at Jaguar for example.

Jaguar is a Trademark Car maker.

Ford bought them got cash strapped and had to sell them.

The guys bidding for the company are the very same guys who used to run it.

How the heck does an Employee, even an upper executive, get enough dough to make a move on a Company like Jaguar? It's easy. The upper executives in these Corporations are so greedy that they don't care about their employees, their suppliers, their dealers or even their customers.

It's about money.

They are worse than Lawyers IMO.

StoopTroup
8/12/2007, 09:45 PM
Sorry Jerk.

I hope things workout for you.

I've watched 3 Corporations I've worked for ruin themselves into bankruptcy due to greed. The old days of a good fight are gone. Self-preservation is what's left.

BTW...I've been holding my breath about the one I work for now. They were close to bankruptcy and held on. They are still so far in debt that they use it as leverage now, while the Executives take bonuses during a recovery.

It's dispicable.

sanantoniosooner
8/12/2007, 10:14 PM
Hey Jerk........there aren't any towers near your house, are there?

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2007, 10:17 PM
Is the giant corporation JB Hunt?

85Sooner
8/13/2007, 08:13 AM
Sellouts are worse than the guy who sued.

If the guy won or they settled...they must have been negligent.

Juries aren't handing out the settlements they once used too.

More than likely it was good old Corporate greed that made the owners sell.

Corporations don't like competition, plus they have the dough to give the owners an offer they can't refuse.

I work for a large Corporation. They treat their employees bad enough. I can imagine how they'd treat the competition if they didn't have to even make them an offer. They would go in like Walmart and drive them out of business not caring if they even ruined a family owned business.

Lets look at Jaguar for example.

Jaguar is a Trademark Car maker.

Ford bought them got cash strapped and had to sell them.

The guys bidding for the company are the very same guys who used to run it.

How the heck does an Employee, even an upper executive, get enough dough to make a move on a Company like Jaguar? It's easy. The upper executives in these Corporations are so greedy that they don't care about their employees, their suppliers, their dealers or even their customers.

It's about money.

They are worse than Lawyers IMO.

Insurance companies do. Lawyers write the laws and have convoluted and twisted the law to the point that going to the bathroom is nearly a legal crime.

MamaMia
8/13/2007, 08:59 AM

:) I worked with attorneys for a couple of decades and what I learned is that there are some honorable attorneys in this world but they are very few and far between. Greedy attorneys file crooked law suits every day on behalf of clients they should turn away. I know an attorney right here in town who's client got thrown in jail when they filed a fraudulent contractors lien. Thats a felony in the state of Oklahoma. This attorney even signed the lien himself, even after he saw copies of canceled checks the contractor received from the small business owners along with the waivers of lien signed by his not so smart client.

The case really fell apart in the attorneys hands when during the deposition the innocent small business owners produced receipts showing that they were forced to pay all but one sub-contractor because the contractor pocketed all the money. When pleading for the innocent small business owners wife (thats me), not to report his sorry *** to the bar association the morning after his client finally got thrown in the pokey, the attorneys excuse for talking the un-wronged contractor into letting him file the law suit against the innocent business owners, was...
"Well, I guess I wasn't thinking clearly. Hes a friend of mine. I needed an extra room built and he said he would let me file the case and build my room in exchange for my fee."

That little crooked attorney/client nightmare cost me $12000.00 in attorneys fees that I will never recover. :rolleyes:

Taxman71
8/13/2007, 10:03 AM
Insurance companies do. Lawyers write the laws and have convoluted and twisted the law to the point that going to the bathroom is nearly a legal crime.

Quite the opposite as few laws are actually drafted by lawyers. If lawyers wrote the laws, the legal system (and our govt) would function much more smoothly.

The problem is non-lawyers drafting vague or contradictory laws which require judicial intepretation.....at a high cost.

Sounds like plaintiff lawyers are the real enemy to most people, even though they represent a very small percentage of the profession (albeit garner the most attention via advertising).

frankensooner
8/13/2007, 10:19 AM
If you guys would just tip better, we wouldn't have to file these crappy lawsuits! ;)