PDA

View Full Version : Prostate exams are no fun

jdsooner
8/12/2007, 10:44 AM
So, I had to get the prostate checked last week. Unfortunately, I have to have a biopsy, but hopefully I will be all right.:(

At any rate, my new urologist has a great sense of humor.

He asked, "So how are you? Any problems with urinating or erections."

My response: "Well, it's not as great as it used to be."

He said, "I hear that in this office many times every day. It's not as great as it used to be."

As he put the glove on and got out the lube: "Well, I have to exmanine your prostate."

My repsonse was to gulp and say, "Oh, great!"

His retort, "It's the guys that don't seem to mind that I worry about!":D

Turd_Ferguson
8/12/2007, 11:18 AM
Heh. My Doc told me he wanted to do the exam and asked me to take my shorts down...so I did. He then asked my to pull my undy's down....so I did. He then asked me to spread my legs...so I did....a little. He then proceded to kick my ankles apart and said "dammit this is as hard for me as it is for you"!. I couldn't help but snicker. I wanted to pull the Rodney Carrington bit and ask him about the size of his fingers and if he was a rassler....

OCUDad
8/12/2007, 11:21 AM
Once you hit a certain age, the main criterion when looking for a doctor is small fingers.

Howzit
8/12/2007, 11:25 AM
Does anyone else's doctor pinch their nipples during a prostate exam?

OUDoc swears it's required, but I'm not sure I believe him.

1stTimeCaller
8/12/2007, 11:29 AM
He has me coming in every three weeks for my exams.

Is that normal as well?

Turd_Ferguson
8/12/2007, 11:35 AM
I found a new doc, he gives a back massage when doing the test.

VeeJay
8/12/2007, 12:19 PM
My doc on the last exam threatened the finger plunge, but my PSA's came back OK, so I got away without being violated.

I think that's what he said. I didn't question him when he said there was no need for further analysis