PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Southern Hills and the PGA

1stTimeCaller
8/11/2007, 02:19 PM
I assume that they close the course for a week or so before the tournament. How long was Southern Hills closed?

Do the members of Southern Hills have to purchase tickets if they want to watch the tournament?

Do the members get any special anythings during the tournament?

Is the clubhouse closed to the general public during the tournament?

Can the members still use it?

King Crimson
8/11/2007, 02:22 PM
members get special privileges and don't buy tickets.

i had a pass to the clubhouse in 94. but it's a special thing. so, yes. air-conditioning.....ushhhh.

member always have bling. players will have a lockerrooom.

StoopTroup
8/11/2007, 02:55 PM
Membership has it's privileges.

critical_phil
8/11/2007, 03:58 PM
hold on just a minute....there's a PGA tourney at Southern Hills this weekend?

i tuned it to CBS at 1:00, and i seem to be picking up some sort of Boone State infomercial.

StoopTroup
8/11/2007, 04:32 PM
Looks like Tiger will The Hills to his "Been there...done that" list.

OklahomaTuba
8/12/2007, 12:04 AM
My company gives a membership to my boss. His tickets have clubhouse access, and I have some of those, along with my corporate tent tickets.

Except for the AC, the club house is really not that big of a deal. There is a bar, a restaurant, etc. Most of the place is set up with PGA folks it looks like, and night time receptions, parties, etc. The corporate tents are more fun me thinks. Much more free alcohol, foodstuffs, hot woman, etc.

My boss got about 12 member tickets I believe, but has to park at Grimes elementary and take a shuttle to get in, which I will be doing tomorrow.

I believe the course has been shut down for a little bit, like maybe more than 2 weeks, but not sure.

I am really glad tomorrow is the last day. I've been working on **** for this event for work for about a year. We had A LOT of customers come into town, and the hotels have been a disaster. They obviously over-sold them.

I am SO ready for tomorrow to come, thats for sure!