PDA

View Full Version : Horns... Some Of Them Are Just Sorta Slow

OklaPony
8/10/2007, 02:44 PM
Actual Horn comment from another message board after I had referred to them as Saxet:

One question...who is Saxet? Is he the new starting QB?

HTown77095
8/10/2007, 02:54 PM
:D

Sooner74
8/10/2007, 03:12 PM
That's what half of them are. Half-breed twats that only know the words Texas-National Championship. Half of their fan base is fair weather.

Vic n Tulsa
8/10/2007, 03:38 PM
Actual Horn comment from another message board after I had referred to them as Saxet:

I think you have been PUNKed...but then again you know how thos Sooners are Sorta Slow:texan:

LosAngelesSooner
8/10/2007, 04:07 PM
I think you have been PUNKed...but then again you know how thos Sooners are Sorta Slow:texan:
There's lame smack talk and then there's REALLY lame smack talk.

You are the latter.

(latter, by the way, is not something you climb to reach the top shelf)

goingoneight
8/10/2007, 04:08 PM

... says the guy who can't spell 'those' correctly.

utex74
8/10/2007, 04:13 PM

Definitely punked. How can you NOT recognize a comment dripping with sarcasm? It was a poke back atcha for not having a QB.

BASSooner
8/10/2007, 06:52 PM
It's really hot outside

proud gonzo
8/10/2007, 07:20 PM
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8323/smellslikenoobsj4.jpg

SoonerLB
8/10/2007, 07:42 PM
Saxets are smart, just ask one. Here is a good example:

The aspiring psychiatrists were attending their first class on emotional extremes. "Just to establish some parameters," said the professor to the student from Abilene, "What is the opposite of joy?"

"Sadness," said the student.

And the opposite of depression?" he asked of the young lady from Dallas.

"Elation," said she.

"And you sir," he said to the young man from the Texas football team, "how
about the opposite of woe?"

The Longhorn replied, "Sir, I believe that would be giddy-up."

oumartin
8/10/2007, 08:55 PM
for not having a QB? how many conference championships does Colt have?

BASSooner
8/10/2007, 08:56 PM
owned

bluedogok
8/10/2007, 10:47 PM
I guess that person has never been to the Saxet Gun Show that is here every few months. That is where I first saw it used so I never understood it being used as a derogatory term.

utex74
8/11/2007, 12:25 AM

It's not about Colt. If you guys have a question mark the QB is it. Three guys who, no matter how talented they may be, would not be recognized outside Oklahoma. Your own coaches say they don't have a quarterback, yet. Thus, the jab at the name of the QB......oh, nevermind.

It's like showing a watch to a bear. It doesn't have a clue.

soonerboomer93
8/11/2007, 12:34 AM
oh come now, Nichols would be recognized in meatchicken...

Seamus
8/11/2007, 12:37 AM
It's like showing the message board exit door to a :texan: . It doesn't have a clue.

BASSooner
8/11/2007, 12:49 AM
It's not about Colt. If you guys have a question mark the QB is it. Three guys who, no matter how talented they may be, would not be recognized outside Oklahoma. Your own coaches say they don't have a quarterback, yet. Thus, the jab at the name of the QB......oh, nevermind.

It's like showing a watch to a bear. It doesn't have a clue.
That is because at the university of Oklahoma, OUr players are competitive.

oumartin
8/11/2007, 01:01 AM
You're right I don't have a clue, What I do know is that Oklahoma has 7 NC's to your what. 3? Oklahoma has won 4 big 12 titles in Stoops tenure with 4 different QB's. Has Played in 3 NC games with 2 different QB and if not for VY you would be going on 40 years since your last NC.

utex74
8/11/2007, 01:55 AM
You're right I don't have a clue, What I do know is that Oklahoma has 7 NC's to your what. 3? Oklahoma has won 4 big 12 titles in Stoops tenure with 4 different QB's. Has Played in 3 NC games with 2 different QB and if not for VY you would be going on 40 years since your last NC.

And this is relevent to your QB not being determined...how? Come on, it is not a slam to say your QB is not set. Nor does it imply any lack of success for whichever QB is named. It simply is what it is. No one knows who your QB will be (even if he winds up being superman) so a name game is legit fun.

And it is 4 (not 3) championships to your 7. We had three in seven years ('63, '69, '70 and then 2005. While we dominate the head to head record (57-39-5) we do have a lot of catching up to do in the championship arena. We're working on it.

BornandBred
8/11/2007, 02:02 AM
And it is 4 (not 3) championships to your 7. We had three in seven years ('63, '69, '70 and then 2005. While we dominate the head to head record (57-39-5) we do have a lot of catching up to do in the championship arena. We're working on it.

Until Mack Brown leaves, or Vince Young comes back, good luck.

oumartin
8/11/2007, 02:34 AM
one of those is an Alabama type NC I do believe.

LosAngelesSooner
8/11/2007, 03:07 AM
And graduate.

LosAngelesSooner
8/11/2007, 03:08 AM
That is because at the university of Oklahoma, OUr players are competitive. And don't get arrested every two weeks.

LosAngelesSooner
8/11/2007, 03:09 AM
And aren't all dreadlocked stoners who steal plasma screens.

LosAngelesSooner
8/11/2007, 03:09 AM
That is because at the university of Oklahoma, OUr players are competitive. And don't lose a critical rivalry game because of the "wind."

LosAngelesSooner
8/11/2007, 03:10 AM
And don't hide behind their coaches when reporters ask tough questions.

SoonerKnight
8/11/2007, 07:26 PM
.It's like showing a watch to a bear. It doesn't have a clue.

We'll give ya a clue in October! Then we'll see who doesn't have a QB! What if Colt gets hurt then what!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH:pop:

sooneron
8/11/2007, 10:16 PM
Three guys who, no matter how talented they may be, would not be recognized outside Oklahoma.
Now see, this part right here is flippin retarded, actually, that's an insult to retards. Who the **** knew what mccoy and whathisname that's now gone looked like outside of texas? You could have lined up 20 other zitfaced dorks and I wouldn't have been able to single them out.

I had no idea that the NY media market had taken hold of your qb stable (due to them setting the world on fire as recruiting steals ) prior to last season and they were adorning every magazine.:rolleyes:

utex74
8/11/2007, 11:37 PM
Who the **** knew what mccoy and whathisname that's now gone looked like outside of texas?

Yes. No one knew what Colt looked like and no one outside Texas knew him. It is not an insult, as much as it seems you want to find one here.

None of your QB's are known nor will they be until the starter is named. Then his name will get out. I am not insulting anybody here. The fact that nobody knows who your guys are is just a fact. Just like nobody knew Colt and Jevan last year. It wasn't, and isn't, a slam. Players have to earn recognition and whoever your starter is will do that.

Why do some people have to look for insults where none exist? There are enough real insults to go around as it is.

utex74
8/11/2007, 11:40 PM
What if Colt gets hurt then what!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH:pop:

Then Texas and OU will both be in the same boat.

oumartin
8/11/2007, 11:40 PM
don't ever match wits with a Whorn! They are obviously more advanced

OU_PhD
8/12/2007, 10:55 PM
If I were a Texas fan, I'd be embarrassed. I was down in Austin a few weeks ago, taking in some music, when I had a few conversations with some great "Horn" fans that lived near my brother. Anyway, we debated a while about the upcoming season, and it was obvious they thought they were just the shyte and were gonna go undefeated and play for it all or some other such crap. Anyway, we started talking about the down years, and one of them mentioned the OU loss @ UCLA a couple of years ago. He was talking all this trash about it being a beatdown when I had to remind all three that it wasn't that long ago that UCLA went into Austin and beat them like 65-3 or something ridiculous like that. Suddenly I got curious as to whether or not they knew who the Longhorns football coach was at the time. Sadly, not one of the three of them knew his name. Pathetic that such arrogant jerks can be so ignorant. Bandwagonner trash--all of 'em.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/13/2007, 12:18 AM

Did you get baned?

olevetonahill
8/13/2007, 12:39 AM
SOME ? :confused:

goingoneight
8/13/2007, 02:34 AM
Then Texas and OU will both be in the same boat.

When did Texas find someone to hand the ball off to? :confused:

TexasLidig8r
8/13/2007, 08:05 AM
one of those is an Alabama type NC I do believe.

Martin... know your school's history.

If you want to start throwing out championships then..

let's eliminate OU's 1950 championship since the same circumstance existed as to Texas' 1970 championship (lost bowl game).

Then.. let's throw out OU's 1956 championship since... you didn't even play in a bowl that year.

Then.. let's throw out OU's 1974 championship because.. oh. let's see.. ah yes.. that would be.. another probation and no bowl game.

I guess that reduces yours down to .. 4.

HTown77095
8/13/2007, 10:36 AM

let's eliminate OU's 1950 championship since the same circumstance existed as to Texas' 1970 championship (lost bowl game).

Then.. let's throw out OU's 1956 championship since... you didn't even play in a bowl that year.

Then.. let's throw out OU's 1974 championship because.. oh. let's see.. ah yes.. that would be.. another probation and no bowl game.

While were eliminating championships, why don't we eliminate all of UT's championships that were won by former Sooners....that would bring UT's championships to 0 (zero). :)

OK2LA
8/13/2007, 10:56 AM

Lid,

Come on.

When we start producing our own crystal ball trophies - to represent those mythical national championships we won back then - then you might have an argument.

You guys do that don't you? :D

mxATVracer10
8/13/2007, 10:56 AM
Why do some people have to look for insults where none exist?

Welcome to Off Season on a rivals board 47xetu! :texan:

;)

OK2LA
8/13/2007, 11:00 AM

"Saxet" smak is weak sauce.

Just out of curiousity - if you meant to "dis" them - by spelling Texas backwards . . . :confused: Why did you capitalize Saxet? You coulda really put them in their place by using a lowercase "t".

:rolleyes:

The Maestro
8/13/2007, 12:39 PM
Well, I admire what Colt was able to do as a freshman QB last year. Having said that, what happens if Jamaal Charles doesn't get hurt this year? Oh yeah...it just means texas will have a **** poor running attack and no reason for defenses to not come flying at young Colt with three starters on the offensive line lost to the NFL.

Colt's a good quarterback. A lack of a running attack and breaking in newbies on the O-line will be why last year was more impressive statistically for him then this year will be.