PDA

View Full Version : HS football question

jk the sooner fan
8/10/2007, 12:36 PM
where are the Moore HS and Mustang HS football stadiums?

aside from the obvious "in moore and mustang"

doest mustang play on the high school grounds or is the stadium elsewhere?

where does Moore play?

Rhino
8/10/2007, 12:40 PM
Both of them play on their high school grounds.

1stTimeCaller
8/10/2007, 12:42 PM
in Oklahoma

YWIA

jk the sooner fan
8/10/2007, 12:42 PM
thanks

1stTimeCaller
8/10/2007, 12:43 PM
I already said 'You're welcome'

okiehawk
8/10/2007, 01:06 PM
Moore HS stadium is at the corner of main st. & eastern ave. (Toby Keith BLVD)

jk the sooner fan
8/10/2007, 01:37 PM
i'm mapping out where PC north plays on the varsity schedule this year

reevie
8/10/2007, 04:12 PM
Yes, Moore and Westmoore play at Moore High School on the NE corner of Eastern and Main. Exit off I-35 at either 12th or 4th St and go East about a mile to Eastern. Then go South from 12th or North from 4th.

Mustang plays at Mustang High School. I can't give good directions because the HS is in the middle of some neighborhood with no major street next to it. I think if you take Mustang Road South, through Highway 152, then turn right somewhere you'll get to the school. Just look for the stadium lights at that point....

jk the sooner fan
8/10/2007, 04:14 PM
all i need is the address, i'll let the nav system in the car do the rest!

got what i need, but thanks for the responses

Scott D
8/10/2007, 04:35 PM
My brother must be thrilled about Westmoore playing their home games at Moore now. I don't think he hated any school more than Westmoore when he played at Moore.

reevie
8/10/2007, 05:05 PM
Westmoore has always played home games at Moore.

It is interesting to me that the hate between the schools has stayed as such a high level since split. I would have thought that 20 years later, it wouldn't have been as bad. I guess we really set the bar high back then for a rivalry.

Scott D
8/10/2007, 05:20 PM
Westmoore has always played home games at Moore.

It is interesting to me that the hate between the schools has stayed as such a high level since split. I would have thought that 20 years later, it wouldn't have been as bad. I guess we really set the bar high back then for a rivalry.

I think it has to do with Moore people not being too thrilled with the "excessive" 'singing' of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" ;)

I know that still ****es my brother off and he graduated 12 years ago.

reevie
8/10/2007, 06:26 PM
It was pretty funny at the end of the first game in 1988, all the Moore folks were in shock that they were going to lose the game and as the clocked ticked under a minute the Westmoore band broke out "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" for the first time. That was a classic moment.

Also, for the first game's pep assembly. A coffin was paraded around the school with a lion in it, then set up in the common area for the rest of the day for a wake. All of the athletes were invited to bring their old Moore jackets and stuff down to center court in the gym to be donated for the bonfire as well.

CUinNC
8/10/2007, 06:33 PM
When do the young'ens start playing there?

Our endowment games are this weekend..and all the HS teams get to start hittin' someone else this Saturday (anyone you can schedule)...hope to see at least 2 area games tomorrow.

SPOT THE DAMM BALL!!!:hot:

AllAboutThe'O'
8/10/2007, 06:38 PM
When do the young'ens start playing there?

Our endowment games are this weekend..and all the HS teams get to start hittin' someone else this Saturday (anyone you can schedule)...hope to see at least 2 area games tomorrow.

SPOT THE DAMM BALL!!!:hot:
What are endowment games?

Okla-homey
8/10/2007, 06:45 PM
Drive north on I-35 from texass and stop at the first massive concentration of trailer parks.;)

reevie
8/10/2007, 07:45 PM
He didn't ask about the Pauls Valley Panthers

CUinNC
8/11/2007, 04:06 AM
What are endowment games?

The State High Shool athletic association - NCHSAA is not funded with public $$ - so every sport from every school has to contribute somehow, so for football, the first game of the year is scheduled with any opponenet you want to go up against...

shares of the gate from every game played is shared with the NCHSAA..

it ain't the best of systems, but it's what we got...

BTW - when the playoffs startr - the NCHSAA get a cut of those gates too - BUT, they also pay a large share of the costs for the championship games every year. played at Wake Forest, UNC, NC State, Duke stadiums

OUHOMER
8/11/2007, 06:04 AM
all i need is the address, i'll let the nav system in the car do the rest!

got what i need, but thanks for the responses

Mustang High School
801 S Snyder Dr
Mustang, OK

But , put you would be better off putting in 800 south heights dr , Mustang,OK,73064. that will lead you straight to the stadium.

if you go down Mustang Rd, follow the horseshoes painted on the road.

When i was a kid, it rained for a bout a week when they were building the stadium. my brother and i and some friends spent the day sliding down the banks in the mud. mom was ****ed.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/11/2007, 08:20 AM
It was pretty funny at the end of the first game in 1988, all the Moore folks were in shock that they were going to lose the game and as the clocked ticked under a minute the Westmoore band broke out "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" for the first time. That was a classic moment.

Also, for the first game's pep assembly. A coffin was paraded around the school with a lion in it, then set up in the common area for the rest of the day for a wake. All of the athletes were invited to bring their old Moore jackets and stuff down to center court in the gym to be donated for the bonfire as well.They were shocked the first 6 years, heh. I started going to Westmoore in 89, so I missed the fun of the first year. Moore War has been a big deal since Day 1. It will be interesting to see how Southmoore fits into the picture next year.

1stTimeCaller
8/11/2007, 08:26 AM
once again, Ardmore is the best More.

CUinNC
8/11/2007, 04:29 PM
After all the years, I still love to watch HS football....for the most part, it's still pure, 'cept now everybody is trying to get it ratcheted-up into an..

All-World, All-American thing with the bigger programs.....

Hell, won't be long before we are sayin' & talking about some semi-pro programs around here....like the D-1 player-mill we got - Charlotte Independence...nobody wants to play them..

One of the longest winning streaks in the nation....