PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial but Obligatory "Got My Season Tickets Today" thread.

TopDawg
8/10/2007, 09:19 AM
I actually got them yesterday. But I can get by with that kind of posting tardiness in the unofficial thread.

Anybody else?

sooner518
8/10/2007, 09:59 AM
I live in Denver and received 11 tickets to the CU-Florida State game in Boulder. The letter was addressed to my address, but I couldnt read the name on the envelope (it was one of those window envelops and the name was obscured). No idea who the person is that ordered them.

I guess I should call the CU ticket office, but its tempting to sell most of them and then go to the game.....

OSUAggie
8/10/2007, 10:09 AM
but its tempting to sell most of them and then go to the game.....

That's what I would do.

OU4LIFE
8/10/2007, 10:13 AM
of course you would, you're an aggie and therefor you have no moral center....

colleyvillesooner
8/10/2007, 10:14 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/calland/owned.gif

OSUAggie
8/10/2007, 10:20 AM
of course you would, you're an aggie and therefor you have no moral center....

Thanks

TopDawg
8/10/2007, 10:22 AM
I openly accept this particular thread-jacking.

sooner518
8/10/2007, 10:24 AM
I openly accept this particular thread-jacking.
well if it involves making fun of aggies, how could you not?!

anyways, i checked online, the seats are upper deck, 83 rows back at Folsom Field. I'd probably rather sit at home anyways. plus I'd feel like a jerk if I sold them without giving at least a half-hearted attempt at finding the real owner

OSUAggie
8/10/2007, 10:27 AM
Think about how many ****-riddled snowballs the person who ordered the tickets has thrown at the likes of Aubrey Beavers, Pee Wee Woods, Jarrail Jackson and the like...

They deserve to be sold by you...

Grimey
8/10/2007, 10:55 AM
got mine!

sooner518
8/10/2007, 11:06 AM
i called the CU ticket office, got the guy's phone number and he is going to pick them up later tonight. i guess there's my good deed for the week.

you may all continue what you were doing

OU4LIFE
8/10/2007, 11:15 AM
Think about how many ****-riddled snowballs the person who ordered the tickets has thrown at the likes of Aubrey Beavers, Pee Wee Woods, Jarrail Jackson and the like...

well, they are CU tickets, that's like trying to unload aggie tickets.....no one wants to buy the damn things.

and you are still morally retarded.

Dio
8/10/2007, 12:12 PM
Got mine Thursday

flopshotjoe99
8/10/2007, 01:13 PM
we got ours Wednesday.:cool:

MextheBulldog
8/10/2007, 02:52 PM

Beavis, he said "Beavers"

Okieflyer
8/10/2007, 03:04 PM
Revieved mine the day before yesterday.

IndianJack
8/10/2007, 03:11 PM
Beavis, he said "Beavers"

And Pee Wee. Huh Huh. Pee Wee Beavers.

OU4LIFE
8/10/2007, 03:12 PM
Revieved mine the day before yesterday.

what happened to them? Are they ok now? Still in ICU? Dear Lord why didn't you tell us of this sooner? How long were they dead? Was there any lasting damage?

stoopified
8/10/2007, 03:38 PM
got mine Wednesday

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2007, 03:44 PM
These new tickets rock my face off! Jimmy Harris gets his due as the only OU QB to be undefeated as a mutli-year starter on the Mizzou ticket, the only home game in October.

2k2 c5
8/11/2007, 07:43 AM
I live in Denver and received 11 tickets to the CU-Florida State game in Boulder. The letter was addressed to my address, but I couldnt read the name on the envelope (it was one of those window envelops and the name was obscured). No idea who the person is that ordered them.

I guess I should call the CU ticket office, but its tempting to sell most of them and then go to the game.....

Converting contents of misdelivered mail to your own use is called mail theft, a felony, up to 5 years and $250,000 fine. You might miss the game.

MamaMia
8/11/2007, 08:59 AM
Converting contents of misdelivered mail to your own use is called mail theft, a felony, up to 5 years and $250,000 fine. You might miss the game.
He was joshing. He found the owner. Try to keep up n00b.

OUstudent4life
8/11/2007, 10:31 AM
got mine! now in the fire-safe-lock-box thing...

SoonerKnight
8/11/2007, 07:34 PM

Gee only if it wasn't mailed to your house and in that situation read the law!

2k2 c5
8/12/2007, 11:41 AM
He was joshing. He found the owner. Try to keep up n00b.
Uh, where should we start? I would have thought that sarcastic wit would have been recognizable without being labeled. (Notice where I said "You might miss the Game?) You seemed to realize he was "joshing" but not me? Without casting aspersions on 518, as I believe he wouldn't have admitted receiving the tickets without seriously considering returning them, exactly what most scam artists do is make statements to lull concerned persons into inactivity while disposing of the ill gotten gains. Next, I should keep up? The implication seems to be not to comment on that which one has no clue. Over the last three years, we have had prosecuted 3 individuals for theft of OU season tickets from the mails. Two worked in small business mail rooms. One received a misaddressed piece. Average sentence was 12 months federal time and restitution.

And, with apologies to 518, and I'm the eternal skeptic: How far do you think you would get if you called the school and asked for the ticket holder's home phone number?

And lastly, (insert notice of dry sense of humor, no interpretation necessary, just a joke, no offense, JK, etc.) but I call threadjack. I thought this was about whether or not your season tickets had arrived. I was just looking for mail theft subjects for the new season when I came in.:D

2k2 c5
8/12/2007, 11:50 AM
Gee only if it wasn't mailed to your house and in that situation read the law!

Actually, the law says it's still mail until received by the intended recipient, even if mis-delivered to your house and possession is a violation of Title 18 USC somewhere around 1708. Now, before I get blasted again, I get it.:rolleyes: Apparently, I was not obvious enough in my dry wit and too many folks thought I was reading 518 his Mirandas or something. In the future, I'll type slower and try to more fully articulate my position. :)

Stitch Face
8/12/2007, 12:04 PM
n00b war!

2k2 c5
8/12/2007, 12:12 PM
n00b war!

Just trying to get my post count up. :D Apparently, lurking without logging on or making comments will never count towards promotion from the n00b rank and file.