PDA

View Full Version : New playhouse - this is gonna be hard

slickdawg
8/9/2007, 01:41 PM
I augered six holes about 2.5 feet deep last night, and I've got the 4x4 poles in the ground and have started to get the core of the frame together. Since I'm not using the pre-fab 3x3 or whatever they are, I have to precisely measure and do all of that crap. The bigger posts also mean some of the hardware won't work. And it's only 95 out there right now (heat index of 111).

:les: OH SNAP !!!!!!!

royalfan5
8/9/2007, 01:42 PM
What's wrong with just giving her a sandbox? It would be way simpler for you.

StuIsTheMan
8/9/2007, 01:44 PM
didn't you just put one up...or was that someone else?:confused:

Okla-homey
8/9/2007, 01:47 PM
Have you considered for a moment the fact that God may not want Slickbaby to have a playhouse?

It sure seems that way to me anyhoo.;)

I should mention, that millions of children manage happy, well-adjusted and healthy lives despite the absence of a playhouse in their lives.

colleyvillesooner
8/9/2007, 01:50 PM

uh oh.

<snicker>

Osce0la
8/9/2007, 01:59 PM
I augered six holes about 2.5 feet deep last night, and I've got the 4x4 poles in the ground and have started to get the core of the frame together. Since I'm not using the pre-fab 3x3 or whatever they are, I have to precisely measure and do all of that crap. The bigger posts also mean some of the hardware won't work. And it's only 95 out there right now (heat index of 111).

:les: OH SNAP !!!!!!!
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/3764/ohsnappm6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

and why are you building another playhouse?

HskrGrl
8/9/2007, 02:01 PM

:les: THE STUPID MOTHER****ING RAIN AND ****ING *** MOTHER****ING WIND KNOCKED IT DOWN!!!!

Did I get that right, Slick? :D

slickdawg
8/9/2007, 02:01 PM
I put one up at Easter. God blew it down May 2nd when that megastorm complex blew through the metroplex. I got it pulled back upright, but due to all of the rainy weather, I couldn't dig holes to anchor it. Then another freakin megastorm came through and blew it over again.

So I decided to build a new one, and use hurricane grade materials.

slickdawg
8/9/2007, 02:02 PM
:les: THE STUPID MOTHER****ING RAIN AND ****ING *** MOTHER****ING WIND KNOCKED IT DOWN!!!!

Did I get that right, Slick? :D

YOU ARE MOTHER ****ING RIGHT!!!!

NormanPride
8/9/2007, 02:07 PM
I love that she won't remember this in 5 years. :D

:les: BUT YOU WILL, SO GO FOR IT!

Osce0la
8/9/2007, 02:08 PM
I give you credit for trying man...but sometimes God is trying to speak to you...maybe it is time to listen :D

and if this damned thing gets knocked down again, take the scrap and make slickdaughter one hell of a sandbox.

slickdawg
8/9/2007, 02:29 PM
I give you credit for trying man...but sometimes God is trying to speak to you...maybe it is time to listen :D

and if this damned thing gets knocked down again, take the scrap and make slickdaughter one hell of a sandbox.

If it gets knocked down again, I probably won't have a house either. :eek:

Osce0la
8/9/2007, 02:34 PM
If it gets knocked down again, I probably won't have a house either. :eek:
The way you're putting that thing in, you might be safer seeking shelter in the playhouse rather than your actual house :D

StoopTroup
8/9/2007, 02:58 PM
Our thoughts are with you Slick...

Be careful out there...

I was at work the other night and was in a confined area, we should have forced air in there but I was only going to be in there a few minutes. I ended up going back in the area 6 or 7 times to get the measurements I needed.

Long story short...I got overheated.

I work from 4 in the afternoon to 2:30 at night and I got overheated around 7 or 8.

I hung in there the rest of the day and when I got home I had a temp of 103.9. :eek:

I'm OK now...but just watch yourself....

slickdawg
8/9/2007, 03:01 PM
The way you're putting that thing in, you might be safer seeking shelter in the playhouse rather than your actual house :D

funny, I was telling slickwife the same thing last night. "it's our safe room"

NormanPride
8/9/2007, 03:08 PM

Be careful out there...

I was at work the other night and was in a confined area, we should have forced air in there but I was only going to be in there a few minutes. I ended up going back in the area 6 or 7 times to get the measurements I needed.

I work from 4 in the afternoon to 2:30 at night and I got overheated around 7 or 8.

I hung in there the rest of the day and when I got home I had a temp of 103.9. :eek:

Jeez, take care of yourself! :eek:

slickdawg
8/9/2007, 03:13 PM

Be careful out there...

I'm glad you are ok now! I'm going slow and taking my time, it's way too hot.
I do the most work from about 6 to 8 in the evening, good light and much cooler. :)

Tulsa_Fireman
8/9/2007, 03:16 PM
Drink lots of beer.

It has water in it, I swear.

Osce0la
8/9/2007, 03:25 PM
We are at 101 degrees in Birmingham right now (heat index over 110)...my car currently has no A/C because we are trying to get other stuff fixed on it...

slickdawg
8/10/2007, 09:20 AM
well, I finished the core framing last night and set the six posts with 480 pounds of quickrete. It's not fun mixing up concrete in the dark with mesqitos eating you up.

colleyvillesooner
8/10/2007, 10:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/jonathanwong/thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif

slickdawg
8/10/2007, 12:49 PM
I'll take some later. It's only 98 right now with a heat index of 107.

I'm gonna hillbilly this thing soon, and put a tarp over it so I can work in the shade. :D

royalfan5
8/10/2007, 12:55 PM
My question in all of this is, are you sure Slickdaughter wants a playhouse? Because I would have to think it would suck to put forth this effort if she didn't.

slickdawg
8/10/2007, 01:00 PM
My question in all of this is, are you sure Slickdaughter wants a playhouse? Because I would have to think it would suck to put forth this effort if she didn't.

Oh dear lord yes. She's so excited she can't help herself. She got her little plastic wheelbarrow out and came up to me and said "slickdaughter is gonna help daddy". That gave me the best feeling in the world.

Later,she told me to hurry up because she wants to "swing up high on the swingset".

slickdawg
8/11/2007, 12:42 PM
This is as of this morning. I had to stop and go buy more 4x4's to build the upper deck.

From the front:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5326/img0222yo3.jpg

From the side:

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/1394/img0223smallhk5.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
8/11/2007, 01:14 PM
Gawldamn Slick, is that Southfork? Is that a lake on your estate?

slickdawg
8/11/2007, 02:55 PM
There's cattle all in that land across the pond. The pond looks good right now because it finally got close to filling up. Last December, the left half of that picture was dried up. But we are on 4 acres, and it's far from Southfork.

StoopTroup
8/11/2007, 03:13 PM
I thought you were gonna build it to last this time? ;)

BTW...is this what your going for?

http://www.housebible.com/outdoor/b%207%20q%20playhouse.jpg

StoopTroup
8/11/2007, 03:14 PM
I think this would be awesome...

http://www.disneyfrontier.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/pirate_themed_playhouse.jpg