PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Dreams and the Ways They Torture Us

Viking Kitten
8/9/2007, 11:10 AM
Has anyone had a dream similar to this... you are about to graduate from college, it's the last day of classes, and you realize you have been enrolled in a class all semester that you forgot about. You show up for the class just as you realize they are about to take the final... which you know there is no way you can pass (it's always a physics class or something.) You suddenly realize that you can't graduate now, in fact you'll never be able to graduate.

Then you wake up in a cold sweat.

Right after I graduated FIVE FRICKIN' YEARS ago... I had this dream almost nightly. It tapered off somewhat, but I still have it every now and then, and I've been dreaming it quite a bit recently. Happened again last night. Dream interpreter type people... what does this mean? Anybody else have annoying recurring dreams?

M
8/9/2007, 11:14 AM
I interpret that as a sign you need to go back to your old job.

YWIA.

;)

jk the sooner fan
8/9/2007, 11:15 AM
all my dreams are about lindsey lohan and hot pockets

not sure what thats all about

OUDoc
8/9/2007, 11:16 AM
I interpret that as a sign you need to go back to your old job.

YWIA.

;)
Working at a fast food place?

Viking Kitten
8/9/2007, 11:16 AM
Oddly enough, M, I started having it more frequently right around when the switch occurred. I'm thinkin' there's a connection.

M
8/9/2007, 11:18 AM
Oddly enough, M, I started having it more frequently right around when the switch occurred. I'm thinkin' there's a connection.

I knew it!

PhxSooner
8/9/2007, 11:20 AM
I have a similar version of that dream, where it's midterms and I realize that I've been enrolled in an 8:30 class that I never attended. I have this dream every few weeks, and I graduated in '94. My grandmother told my mom that she quit having dreams like that when she hit her 80s.:O

OzarkSooner
8/9/2007, 11:21 AM
Actually yes, I used to have dreams similar to this all the time. I would realize with some alacrity that I had been missing a class I was enrolled for all semester long. Frantic, I would try to remember where the class even was and what time it was...I would even search for my class schedule to see if I could find out. Then I would go to class and it all got pretty fuzzy after that...

I think mine had to do with my very poor class attendance the first two years of college and the resulting guilt.

Viking Kitten
8/9/2007, 11:22 AM
I have a similar version of that dream, where it's midterms and I realize that I've been enrolled in an 8:30 class that I never attended. I have this dream every few weeks, and I graduated in '94. My grandmother told my mom that she quit having dreams like that when she hit her 80s.:O

DAMMIT!

colleyvillesooner
8/9/2007, 11:24 AM
I have pretty much the same dream. Class i didn't go to, or can't remember where it is. Have to take a test/final and I'm freaking out.

Wake up sweating, and SO glad I'm not in school.

I think that dream has single handily keep me from getting my Masters. :D

soonerbrat
8/9/2007, 11:24 AM
I've had that EXACT dream before too...also one where I'm in a play and I realize I forgot to learn my lines.

M
8/9/2007, 11:27 AM
I also hate "those kinds of dreams."

(you know, where you dream about guys from high school (or guys I know now) and in the dream, I am utterly infatuated with them...sometimes things get kind of hot...then I wake up and am totally grossed out.)
:eek:

NormanPride
8/9/2007, 11:27 AM
Yeah, that's a pretty common dream, caused by stress and some other factors.

Mine, not so much so...

I remember a dream that I had almost every night when I was about 5-6... I would dream that there was a knight in black armor waiting outside my room who would kill me if I wasn't asleep. In the dream, of course, I wasn't, so I had to fool him every night. Sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't.

The other dream I had when I was 10-12 was me running down a large hallway lined with huge TVs stacked 12 high. Each TV had a bald man's face laughing at me evilly, and as I ran past, they would explode at me. Once I got to the end of the hallway, I found myself on a burning pirate ship. The laughing man was there, and he would cut my head off.

Anyone else have those? :D

OUDoc
8/9/2007, 11:29 AM

(you know, where you dream about guys from high school (or guys I know now) and in the dream, I am utterly infatuated with them...sometimes things get kind of hot...then I wake up and am totally grossed out.)
No. We don't know what you mean. Go on.....:pop:

crawfish
8/9/2007, 11:31 AM
I've had that dream quite a few times. One dream, I was at an OU game and the Pride drum major told me to grab my trombone and get in line. I had no idea what the songs where or where I was supposed to march...so I just tried my best to follow the rest of the band. I kept screwing up in front of 80,000 people.

Of course, that was similar to my actual Pride experiences...

soonerbrat
8/9/2007, 11:31 AM
the school one isn't as bad as the recurring ones I used to have...that someone was stalking and trying to kill me and i had to keep running and hiding...those used to freak me out

Viking Kitten
8/9/2007, 11:33 AM

*snort*

"Hawaiian-shirt wearing IT guys." "Crusty." "Naked."

royalfan5
8/9/2007, 11:37 AM
I never really had that recurring dream, but I often have the ability to levitate in dreams.

frankensooner
8/9/2007, 11:40 AM
I have had the sleeping through a test dream. I also actually did it too. Sam Chapman let me take it in his office though. He was cool.

Back to the original question, I have had a very similar dream about forgetting about a class all semester.

The other dream I had when I was 10-12 was me running down a large hallway lined with huge TVs stacked 12 high. Each TV had a bald man's face laughing at me evilly, and as I ran past, they would explode at me. Once I got to the end of the hallway, I found myself on a burning pirate ship. The laughing man was there, and he would cut my head off.

Anyone else have those? :D Have that dream? I was the bald man. Dang snot nosed kids running down my corridor to my pirate ship!

M
8/9/2007, 11:41 AM
*snort*

"Hawaiian-shirt wearing IT guys." "Crusty." "Naked."

heh. the one guy in particular just walked in here. he asked if the AC was too cold. you know, maybe that one ploy H mentioned about standing right under the AC vent really works.

Viking Kitten
8/9/2007, 11:44 AM
Or maybe HSWITG is trying the old "feigning concern in order to get laid" ploy. :D

M
8/9/2007, 11:48 AM
Or maybe HSWITG is trying the old "feigning concern in order to get laid" ploy. :D

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/9/2007, 11:49 AM
I have a recurring dream. It's a b*tch, too.

Zombie movies.

I'm usually at the station, but regardless, I'm away from my daughter. Zombie attack hits the fan, I'm on my engine or otherwise indisposed when I realize what's happening, and an all encompassing sense of dread hits me like a truck. I've gotta get to my Abigail. Whatever I do, whatever it takes, I have to get to my daughter before the zombies get to her. So I'm either driving hellbent across Tulsa or running down the street in full bunkers, bustin' zombie *** until I get to her. It usually goes on from there, and to be honest, has shot me out of bed swinging a few times.

Funny how that all works.

colleyvillesooner
8/9/2007, 11:49 AM
I've had that dream quite a few times. One dream, I was at an OU game and the Pride drum major told me to grab my trombone and get in line. I had no idea what the songs where or where I was supposed to march...so I just tried my best to follow the rest of the band. I kept screwing up in front of 80,000 people.

Of course, that was similar to my actual Pride experiences...

Except when you went to school, the stadium only held 20,000. ;)

bri
8/9/2007, 12:12 PM
heh. the one guy in particular just walked in here. he asked if the AC was too cold.

You know, if you wore thin enough shirts...he wouldn't have to ask.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/9/2007, 12:36 PM

Mine, not so much so...

I remember a dream that I had almost every night when I was about 5-6... I would dream that there was a knight in black armor waiting outside my room who would kill me if I wasn't asleep. In the dream, of course, I wasn't, so I had to fool him every night. Sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't.

Anyone else have those? :DYou SHOULD HAVE DIED by now. Dayum, that's some rough stuff...it's a joke, right?

Tear Down This Wall
8/9/2007, 01:04 PM
Has anyone had a dream similar to this... you are about to graduate from college, it's the last day of classes, and you realize you have been enrolled in a class all semester that you forgot about. You show up for the class just as you realize they are about to take the final... which you know there is no way you can pass (it's always a physics class or something.) You suddenly realize that you can't graduate now, in fact you'll never be able to graduate.

Then you wake up in a cold sweat.

Right after I graduated FIVE FRICKIN' YEARS ago... I had this dream almost nightly. It tapered off somewhat, but I still have it every now and then, and I've been dreaming it quite a bit recently. Happened again last night. Dream interpreter type people... what does this mean? Anybody else have annoying recurring dreams?

I can't count how many times I've had this dream.

I also have this dream where I'm driving my car at night and it starts going out of control backwards. I always wake up before I hit something. But, I lie there in bed freaked out everytime.

Damn recurring dreams.

Pricetag
8/9/2007, 01:14 PM
I've had that EXACT dream before too...also one where I'm in a play and I realize I forgot to learn my lines.
Heh, I had a dream last night where I was in a band, and we were getting ready for a concert. I have my guitar strapped on and everything, only I don't play guitar.

bri
8/9/2007, 01:18 PM
So, you're saying you have a recurring dream where you're Paul Stanley and/or Bono?

Weird.

frankensooner
8/9/2007, 01:19 PM
When I was a kid I had the Godzilla chasing me dream about once a week. It always freaked me out. Too many Plenty Scary Movies I guess.

Howzit
8/9/2007, 01:29 PM
This wasn't a recurring dream, but it was real and it did torture.

I am watching this dream in the 3rd person. There are 3 HAWT wimmins - a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead. They are in a meadow and start getting frisky with each other...all touchy and feely and...you know.

I am watching all this and revelling at my good fortune, when I notice my bladder is very full...

My perspecitve literally starts flying up like I am being whisked away...I am regaining consciousness and am none too happy with it this.

:les: I GOTSA PEE!!!!

I remember, as I am waking, thinking, "NOOOOO!!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!! I NEVER HAVE GOOD DREAMS LIKE THIS ANYMOOOOOORE!!!"

The end.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/9/2007, 02:25 PM
That was hawt.

*pause*

The part with the chicks, not you peeing.

Howzit
8/9/2007, 02:33 PM
How do you know? Maybe I had the fire crotch.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/9/2007, 02:37 PM
Maybe I had the fire crotch.

*pause*

That was hawt.

Howzit
8/9/2007, 02:44 PM
I make a motion that Tulsa Fireman be accepted into the SickO Clique.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/9/2007, 02:49 PM
Yaaaaaaaay!

http://www.comedycentral.com/images/cc_records/crank_yank_vol1_m4.jpg

sitzpinkler
8/9/2007, 04:41 PM

Mine, not so much so...

Anyone else have those? :D

you need to write books

proud gonzo
8/9/2007, 04:48 PM
i don't so much have the class/exam dreams... But rather often (last night, in fact) I have dreams about showing up late to some kind of gig, completely unprepated. I haven't looked at the music, haven't played in months, somehow managed to forget my horn and have to use a cruddy one that doesn't work.... Oh I hate dreams like that.

rufnek05
8/9/2007, 06:29 PM
i had a dream during my nap. the dream was a rather attractive lass in a yellow sun dress riding a rapter. what does that mean?

OUDoc
8/9/2007, 07:46 PM
A snake wearing a vest, rolling a big donut.

Viking Kitten
8/9/2007, 07:56 PM
Here's another recurring dream. A certain lawyer who's just sweet as molasses PM's me with a possible explanation for my dream, and when I try to reply to thank him, I get a message saying he cannot accept my reply because his PM box is full. He then thinks I am a rude, snotty biznacho for not responding, when in fact I am full of appreciation, as well as tales of joy and mirth regarding my new job.

OH DEAR GOD THAT WAS NO DREAM!!!