PDA

View Full Version : I am heartbroken this morning, prayers requested

stoopified
8/9/2007, 08:53 AM
Read the paper this morning,important stuff first(sports and comics).Then I read about the funeral of Austin(the little boy from Noble).That was a monumental mistake.I have been aware of the story of course so I really did not think reading the article would affect me that deeply.It has moved me to tears and even a profound sense of loss,which makes no sense whatsoever.I am at a loss to explain it.

As a Christian I am glad to know that Austin was a Christian and apparently a strong one.I cannot even begin to fathom the pain his family is going through .They know he is in Heaven but how much does that knowledge ease the pain?According to the article Austin woke up crying the day he died.He told his family hewas going to miss them so much.I am unable to post a link but this was in this mornings DailyOk.

I looked at my two boys(Ryan age 3,Jason 4 months old today) and think how lucky I am but also how utterly powerless I am to save them anymore than Austin's grandfather could save him.

All I can do is pray for the family as well as the family of the young man who was run over by the dumptruck the other day.I can't think of anything else to do.

SoonerStormchaser
8/9/2007, 08:59 AM
It broke my heart too...and ****ed me off that someone could be that dumb!