PDA

View Full Version : AOL Sports:Big12 Most Overrated Players

SoonerBOI
8/9/2007, 08:48 AM
I know, I know lots of articles have been posted. But this one really makes sense. Lane is over-hype pretty much and Lucky is plain Lucky:)

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/08/big-12-football-preview-07-most-overrated/

Landthief 1972
8/9/2007, 09:12 AM
Joe Jon Finley gets an honorable mention? Are you kidding me? He doesn't get called on a lot, but when he does, he always produces. I still giggle when I think about that block he threw for Peterson at the UAB game.

MojoRisen
8/9/2007, 09:18 AM
Joe Jon is under rated. Phil Steele had Brody in the top 60 TE's - no mention of Joe or Jermaine - I know Brody can block and coach loves him - but Joe Jon and Jermaine have been under utilized weapons to this point. I think that will change this year though.

sooner n houston
8/9/2007, 09:42 AM
Further down in the AOL "oklahoma" page, is an article about the OU/Auburn Sugar Bowl in 1971.

In the comments section is the following!

The final 1971 ap poll was nebraska, oklahoma, and colorado as the top 3 teams. that would be the only time in ncaa history a conference had the final top 3 in the ap poll. nebraska beat alabama 38-6, ou beat auburn 40-22, and colorado beat houston 29-17 in the bowl games. colorado had defeated lsu 31-21 at lsu and ohio st 20-14 at ohio st earlier that season but lost at oklahoma and at nebraska. thats a pretty fair road schedule for a team. ou had beaten southern cal, texas, colorado and auburn that season but had lost to nebraska. nebraska defeated oklahoma, colorado, and alabama final ap 2,3,and 4 respectively.

OSUAggie
8/9/2007, 09:54 AM
I thought that list was pretty agreeable.

achiro
8/9/2007, 10:31 AM
I know I'm gonna get grief for this but until Joe Jon can consistantly catches those balls on key plays I might have to put him on that list myself. He has all the tools but my God the number of 3rd down dropped passes he's had over the years shouldn't be happening by a guy like him. He's made some great catches, sure but a great TE needs to convert those more than he has in the past. Of course then there is the whole argument that if the TE's got more throws in OUr offense that it wouldn't be as big of a deal.;)
I have a feeling he's gonna have to step up a bunch this year...I personally think he comes through!
Oh and BTW, I am a HUGE Joe Jon fan.

tulsaoilerfan
8/9/2007, 09:43 PM
I don't recall Finley dropping that many balls because the Tight End has almost disappeared in the offense since Trent Smith left

utex74
8/9/2007, 10:05 PM
I know, I know lots of articles have been posted. But this one really makes sense. Lane is over-hype pretty much and Lucky is plain Lucky:)

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/08/big-12-football-preview-07-most-overrated/

Sweed and Okam both in the top five over-rated? I am confident that will prove to be crap. And remember, before you put too much into this, AOL sports produced the list of biggest cheaters. Remember how that turned out?

Maybe AOL should stick to trying to keep their heads above water.

SoonerBOI
8/9/2007, 10:26 PM
Sweed and Okam both in the top five over-rated? I am confident that will prove to be crap. And remember, before you put too much into this, AOL sports produced the list of biggest cheaters. Remember how that turned out?

Relax have fun. This are articles we football fans like to read. Relax...relax...relax

utex74
8/9/2007, 10:30 PM
Relax have fun. This are articles we football fans like to read. Relax...relax...relax

OK. Breathing deeply. Yeah, I know i is just AOL but it seemed so bad I had to respond. relaxing....relaxing....I'm much better now.

usmc-sooner
8/9/2007, 10:33 PM

you Texas guys get way too worked up over what gets said before the season starts.

the only thing that matters is after.