PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Longhorn's stadium...

setem
8/8/2007, 10:04 PM
Do they run down a hill when the take the field? I am talking about at Former Sooner Stadium of course and not the Cotton Bowl.

Me thinks the hill has been torn down!

I could be wrong...I don't know!

goingoneight
8/9/2007, 02:17 AM
Yes, they do... they're not a team on the rise like the other orange ones who run uphill!!! :eek:

TexasLidig8r
8/9/2007, 08:59 AM
The locker room/athletic facility is on a small rise over the playing field, so, yes they run downhill.

The "tearing down" was the dirt moved, and construction of new stands on the other side of the stadium.

47straight
8/9/2007, 04:14 PM
The locker room/athletic facility is on a small rise over the playing field, so, yes they run downhill.

The "tearing down" was the dirt moved, and construction of new stands on the other side of the stadium.

What's your odds on it being ready by opening day?

(And I mean all of it - the gold plated caviar dispensers in the corporate luxury suites and everything.)

TexasLidig8r
8/9/2007, 04:19 PM

(And I mean all of it - the gold plated caviar dispensers in the corporate luxury suites and everything.)

I can't believe there's a waiting list for luxury suites.. in the back of the flippin end zone!!!!

It's football people!!

hookem31
8/9/2007, 05:15 PM

Pardon me, but those will be gold plated BBQ sauce dispensers.

Harumph! Peasant!

utex74
8/9/2007, 05:46 PM

Only the lower deck is supposed to be ready this year and they say it will by be Sept. 1. The rain slowed things down but there has been work going on 24/7. The tunnel for the band entrance will not be ready and the team will have to unload at the SE entrance instead of the north. Next year the upper deck and end zone suites along with the gold plated bar-b-q sauce dispensers will be in.

side note: Some north end zone ticket holders are being moved to south side bleachers. No new season tickets sold this year. The stadium is sold out with season tickets and students. No general public tickets. Next year's capacity will be (I think) app 92,000. And, yes...I am anxiously waiting for my tickets to be delivered!

bluedogok
8/9/2007, 08:49 PM
Yep, the rain down here has slowed all of my projects that I was working on at my former employer. Mostly concrete tilt-wall buildings so the rain really slowed the progress.

Paperclip
8/9/2007, 11:01 PM
and the team will have to unload at the SE entrance instead of the north

What do you mean 'unload'?

hookem31
8/10/2007, 03:19 AM

It reduces the pre-game jitters.

utex74
8/10/2007, 06:19 AM

I don't care WHO you are. That's FUNNY! :D

47straight
8/10/2007, 04:17 PM
So you're telling me that for this season, the new stadium project didn't increase seating capacity?

utex74
8/10/2007, 04:19 PM
So you're telling me that for this season, the new stadium project didn't increase seating capacity?

Correct. Even reduced it a bit. Some people who bought season tickets for the first time last year and sat in the south bleachers will not get tickets this year. They knew it going in.

hookem31
8/10/2007, 07:31 PM
Some of the more recent photos....

LINK (http://www.texastrumpets.com/dkr/dkr_8_8_07/)