PDA

View Full Version : These Democrat candidates are disgusting me.

Harry Beanbag
8/7/2007, 07:16 PM
I haven't watched any of the Republican "debates", but this is shameless, empty-shell, elitist pandering on the highest level. I hate politicians. http://www.slavijaplayer.com/g_buch/gb_bilder/vomit.gifhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/kerry.gif

olevetonahill
8/7/2007, 07:27 PM
I hate em all
They spend Millions and Months tearing each other new *******s. Then start saying How much better the ******* is that beat them out than the other partys ******* .

rufnek05
8/7/2007, 07:29 PM
they are worst than lawyers

:D

Widescreen
8/7/2007, 07:32 PM
I hate everybody. It's easier that way.

rufnek05
8/7/2007, 07:39 PM
i'm sure everyone feels that way about you.

slickdawg
8/7/2007, 07:40 PM
ah, most of them ARE lawyers

Widescreen
8/7/2007, 08:15 PM
i'm sure everyone feels that way about you.
Hater!

Okla-homey
8/7/2007, 08:30 PM
Since I'm in a lay it all out on the table mood tonight, let's face facts.

On the Donk side: The only reason there will be a Hillary and Obama ticket in '08 is because of the flippin' novelty of a broad and a black guy. Libs love it, and moderates will vote for them because they'll feel guilty not doing so

However, they are both vapid wonks who have never done anything of substance in their whole lives except 1) be Bill's "shill-in-chief" and in that capacity earned the #1 spot in the minds of the Donk coronation committee and 2) be a good looking but painfully inexperienced Pollyanna who appeals to a broad sector of the Donk base because he speaks gobbledy-gook but looks good doing it (kinda like Dan Quayle used to do).

On the Elephant side: 1) We have a curmudgeonly a-hole son of a CNO who spent some time in Victor Charlie's roach motel but none of his colleagues in the Senate would p1ss on him if he was on fire (again), 2) A really likeable but personally flawed former "America's mayor" whose position on guns, gays and abortion makes him a non-starter with the base, and 3) a Tennessee movie actor who has had more wives than the Mormon from Michigan. Oh yeah, there is a guy from Arkansas whose chief claim to fame is he lost weight like Jared from Subway.

It's a mess folks. I wish we could shake the Etch-A-Sketch and get a do-over.

I pray to the Almighty a man like Abraham Lincoln might emerge again from the sticks and bring us out of the dark wilderness into the bright light of dawn. I'd settle for a Ronald Reagan, or even Gerry Ford.

olevetonahill
8/7/2007, 08:34 PM
Hater!
I like ya widescreen
Yes I accept paypal :P

royalfan5
8/7/2007, 08:37 PM
I hoping that Tom Selleck and Gerald McRaney will toss their names in the ring and save us all.

rufnek05
8/7/2007, 08:39 PM
Hater!

learning from the best.

rufnek05
8/7/2007, 08:40 PM
I hoping that Tom Selleck and Gerald McRaney will toss their names in the ring and save us all.

i'm likeing the Stewart/ Colbert ticket more and more.

royalfan5
8/7/2007, 08:41 PM
i'm likeing the Stewart/ Colbert ticket more and more.
Magnum and a Simon brother totally own those two.

jk the sooner fan
8/7/2007, 09:06 PM
Thompson has had 2 wives, same # as me, i dont think that disqualifies him

i've actually enjoyed watching the democrats spar with each other, its entertainment in the purest form

Scott D
8/7/2007, 09:36 PM
Since I'm in a lay it all out on the table mood tonight, let's face facts.

On the Donk side: The only reason there will be a Hillary and Obama ticket in '08 is because of the flippin' novelty of a broad and a black guy. Libs love it, and moderates will vote for them because they'll feel guilty not doing so

However, they are both vapid wonks who have never done anything of substance in their whole lives except 1) be Bill's "shill-in-chief" and in that capacity earned the #1 spot in the minds of the Donk coronation committee and 2) be a good looking but painfully inexperienced Pollyanna who appeals to a broad sector of the Donk base because he speaks gobbledy-gook but looks good doing it (kinda like Dan Quayle used to do).

On the Elephant side: 1) We have a curmudgeonly a-hole son of a CNO who spent some time in Victor Charlie's roach motel but none of his colleagues in the Senate would p1ss on him if he was on fire (again), 2) A really likeable but personally flawed former "America's mayor" whose position on guns, gays and abortion makes him a non-starter with the base, and 3) a Tennessee movie actor who has had more wives than the Mormon from Michigan. Oh yeah, there is a guy from Arkansas whose chief claim to fame is he lost weight like Jared from Subway.

It's a mess folks. I wish we could shake the Etch-A-Sketch and get a do-over.

I pray to the Almighty a man like Abraham Lincoln might emerge again from the sticks and bring us out of the dark wilderness into the bright light of dawn. I'd settle for a Ronald Reagan, or even Gerry Ford.

you could always point out that the Mormon from Michigan has the family legacy of his old man being the governor of Michigan during the major touch off rioting of the late 60s.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/7/2007, 10:06 PM
Why can't we just name Bush....Emperor!!

usmc-sooner
8/7/2007, 10:11 PM
I'm very dissapointed in the Republicans but to me the Dems (the political party, not the people) tried to tank a war for political reasons and that disgusts me.
I'm pretty (very) disgusted at a lot of Republicans but the Dem front runners have crossed a line with me, that they can't uncross.

olevetonahill
8/7/2007, 10:27 PM
I want to see a Lindsy, Paris ticket
I get an automatic Pardon .,:D :D

usmc-sooner
8/7/2007, 10:29 PM
I want to see a Lindsy, Paris ticket
I get an automatic Pardon .,:D :D

there is a whole lot of pairs I'd like to see.

olevetonahill
8/7/2007, 11:24 PM
there is a whole lot of pairs I'd like to see.
:D :D :D :D :D

SoonerKnight
8/7/2007, 11:37 PM
http://blogs.warpedworld.org/seumas/archives/images/Bush-monkey.jpghttp://www.globalpov.com/images/bush-monkey.jpg

Says it all!!!

Ike
8/7/2007, 11:39 PM
After 8 years of Clinton followed by 8 years of Bush, I think it's high time the American people realize that while they may hate the 'opposition party' gaining the white house, they really shouldn't fear it as much as they do. I mean, we're still here, taking regular trains to drunkytown, arguing whether the xbox, ps3, or wii is a better system, and generally bitching about everything. If 16 years of those two men didn't send us to the $hitter, not much can.

In other words, I think it's high time that people start writing in "None of the above" or voting for whatever 3rd party can get on the ballot in your state, if for no other reason than to send a message to the parties in power that they are failing to represent the people they are supposed to.

SoonerKnight
8/7/2007, 11:44 PM
http://www.usasurvival.org/images/hillary.jpg

SCARY!!!

rufnek05
8/8/2007, 12:20 AM
i keep hearing all this talk about how people don't vote, now i see why. just like South Parks says "its like choosing between a giant ****** and a turd sandwich."

there's a good chance i won't vote just cus there is no one worthy of my vote.

SoonerDood
8/8/2007, 12:21 AM
"Bush Is Dumb" jokes still get a laugh in 2007?

Ike
8/8/2007, 12:26 AM
i keep hearing all this talk about how people don't vote, now i see why. just like South Parks says "its like choosing between a giant ****** and a turd sandwich."

there's a good chance i won't vote just cus there is no one worthy of my vote.

Oh I go and vote...but if I don't like the candidates on the ballot, I won't fill out that section. I figure I my exasperation is at least noted when I do that, where as if I just stay home, I just become one of those folks that don't care anymore in the eyes of politicians.

olevetonahill
8/8/2007, 12:34 AM
I try to Vote for the Smallest ****** , It s less Messy that way :cool:

VeeJay
8/8/2007, 12:37 AM
There's not a single one in the lineup on either side that's worthy of schlepping to the local polling place and pulling the lever for.

VeeJay
8/8/2007, 12:39 AM
Those Bush / Chimp pictures are fun, but Bush is not running for president in '08.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/8/2007, 12:47 AM
http://blogs.warpedworld.org/seumas/archives/images/Bush-monkey.jpghttp://www.globalpov.com/images/bush-monkey.jpg

Says it all!!!We'll accept your recommendation and not vote for W this time around. Obama's the MAN!

VeeJay
8/8/2007, 01:04 AM
Yeah, do a comparison of Obama's mug and a chimpanzee and see how that goes over.

Ya racist bastage.

SoonerKnight
8/8/2007, 01:25 AM
http://www.president-bush.com/bush-turkey.jpg

How about this one!! Which one is the Turkey! LOL.....

VeeJay
8/8/2007, 01:28 AM
*yawn*

SoonerKnight
8/8/2007, 01:30 AM
http://haddadusa.com/Jokes/General/Bush_Iraq/Bush_At_Work.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
8/8/2007, 03:47 AM
Obama has as much experience as Bush did when he was elected.

Probably more.

And he's smarter.

And he speaks English.

The list goes on...

Okla-homey
8/8/2007, 05:08 AM
Obama has as much experience as Bush did when he was elected.

Probably more.

And he's smarter.

And he speaks English.

The list goes on...

Not quite. GWB had a great deal more private sector business experience, He's also a veteran. Obama? College, knocked around Chicago a while, then the Senate.

Scott D
8/8/2007, 05:28 AM
There's not a single one in the lineup on either side that's worthy of schlepping to the local polling place and pulling the lever for.

I plan on writing in a vote for Montgomery Brewster. I mean how can you pass up someone with a campaign slogan of "None of the Above"?

Scott D
8/8/2007, 05:28 AM
Not quite. GWB had a great deal more failure in private sector business experience, He's also a veteran. Obama? College, knocked around Chicago a while, then the Senate.

fixed.

jk the sooner fan
8/8/2007, 06:03 AM
that Bush/monkey picture makes me laugh everytime i see it

jk the sooner fan
8/8/2007, 07:49 AM
just so i'm keeping things straight, let me see if i've got this correct

unilateral invasion of a sovereign nation (Iraq) without provocation - by Bush = really bad and criminal

unilateral invasation of a sovereign nation (Pakistan) without provocation - by Obama + brilliant political idea

royalfan5
8/8/2007, 08:07 AM

unilateral invasion of a sovereign nation (Iraq) without provocation - by Bush = really bad and criminal

unilateral invasation of a sovereign nation that has nukes (Pakistan) without provocation - by Obama + brilliant political idea
fixed

Vaevictis
8/8/2007, 08:07 AM

unilateral invasation of a sovereign nation (Pakistan) without provocation - by Obama + brilliant political idea

I don't have any problem (in general) with the unilateral invasion of a sovereign nation. It's when you throw in specifics that I have issues.

I supported the Iraq invasion based on the fact that the President of the United States said it was necessary. I had my doubts about the reasons, but as he was the POTUS and I'm just some random dude, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. So basically, I offered support based upon his word.

This POTUS ****ed up. Big time. And instead of admitting that errors were made in a timely manner and showing effort to correct the processes that lead to the errors, the guy and his operatives bunkered down and tried to pretend nothing had gone wrong.

I will not take this POTUS at his word again, and I will not give him the benefit of the doubt. Between the **** up and the refusal to acknowledge and correct the **** up, he lost that right.

The next POTUS (Republican or Democrat) gets a fresh start with me, and until that POTUS similarly ****s up on a large scale, I'll extend them the benefit of the doubt... just like I originally did this one.

sanantoniosooner
8/8/2007, 08:10 AM
Politicians suck.

SoonerBOI
8/8/2007, 08:23 AM
I am a proud independent.:pop:

The Maestro
8/8/2007, 10:48 AM
Oh boy...we are 15 months away from the election and THIS is already starting? Let's point out the real problem. The campaigns are getting LONGER and LONGER and wasting a LOT more money. I mean, before too long the NEXT Presidential campaign will begin the day after the inaguration of the winner. Give it a rest until this time next year. 100 days to decide a Prez should be enough. It's as bad as paparazzi crap in L.A. showing me where cast members from Grey's Anatomy had crepes for breakfast.

Besides, we have our first college football games in 22 days...so debating health care, the war in Iraq, tax stuff, etc. is WAY back on the list of priorities for me.

FaninAma
8/8/2007, 11:02 AM
SoonerKnight, it is rather humorous to realize that as dumb as Bush is thought to be by some that the most brilliant strategists in the Democratic Party can't figure out how to beat him or get their guy/gal elected.

A Hilliary/Obama ticket will do very well in the South and midwest.:cool:

I actually think this may be the year where the choice of the Vice Presidential candidate may really make a difference.

NormanPride
8/8/2007, 11:05 AM
I want someone that doesn't screw up. Not that they do really great, just that they don't screw up. How about a 2002 Hybl/Smith ticket? That was nice and stable...

Widescreen
8/8/2007, 12:14 PM
SoonerKnight, it is rather humorous to realize that as dumb as Bush is thought to be by some that the most brilliant strategists in the Democratic Party can't figure out how to beat him or get their guy/gal elected.
These are the same people who:

1) want you to believe Bush is the stupidest person who ever lived
2) brilliant enough to pull off the most diabolical conspiracy ever when he allowed/instigated the 9/11 attacks

Scott D
8/8/2007, 12:35 PM

I won't speak for the Dems or Reps of the board, but both just smack of being well...not very well versed in international politics and world relations as they relate to the protection of the United States.

That being said, the tripe that was spewed back and forth in the form of pandering for the Union vote last night was ridiculous. The only credit I'll give to anyone there last night was Obama at least having the cojones to call out the rest of the chimps on the stage for being wishywashy washingtonians.

stoopified
8/8/2007, 01:32 PM
Just to clarify McCain was held by Nathaniel Victor,not Victor Charles.

Harry Beanbag
8/8/2007, 04:28 PM

Yes, because Obama has more experience, is smarter, and is better looking than Bush. He also speaks English.

The list goes on... http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/kerry.gif :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
8/8/2007, 04:29 PM
oh right, the all important "he speaks well"

Stoop Dawg
8/8/2007, 04:32 PM
don't forget "he's clean".

TopDawg
8/8/2007, 04:46 PM
oh right, the all important "he speaks well"

While too much is made of Bush's inability to form sentences (or, sometimes, words), there's a lot to be said for someone who speaks well. Sure, if you're going to be president, your resume should have more than "good public speaker" on it, but Bush's (lack of) communication skills have not made his job any easier and have, in my opinion, helped make him out to be a worse president than he actually is.

In other words...when picking a president I'll always choose "he speaks well" over "I'd like to have a beer with him" which was what I heard many people saying was their reason for picking Bush.

bluedogok
8/8/2007, 04:50 PM
The sad thing is that Bill Clinton would still be the best candidate and most electable even with his history than any of those turds. It is sad how low politics (of both parties) has sunk to.

Harry Beanbag
8/8/2007, 04:53 PM
In other words...when picking a president I'll always choose "he speaks well" over "I'd like to have a beer with him" which was what I heard many people saying was their reason for picking Bush.

All things being equal, sure. But it seems fairly obvious to me that Obama would be folded, spindled, and mutilated at the negotiation table by just about any world leader. He is totally naive and would be in completely over his head in foreign relations. His words the last couple of weeks about sitting down with Chavez, Ahmedinajadklahjdnf, and other lying backstabbing hoodlums around the globe along with the gem of invading Pakistan should disqualify him from winning.

Scott D
8/8/2007, 04:55 PM
All things being equal, sure. But it seems fairly obvious to me that Obama would be folded, spindled, and mutilated at the negotiation table by just about any world leader. He is totally naive and would be in completely over his head in foreign relations. His words the last couple of weeks about sitting down with Chavez, Ahmedinajadklahjdnf, and other lying backstabbing hoodlums around the globe along with the gem of invading Pakistan should disqualify him from winning.

and the sitting one hasn't proven himself to be in over his head in foreign relations?

his daddy was a hell of a lot better at it than him...even with the Tokyo embarrassment.

Stoop Dawg
8/8/2007, 04:55 PM
While too much is made of Bush's inability to form sentences (or, sometimes, words), there's a lot to be said for someone who speaks well. Sure, if you're going to be president, your resume should have more than "good public speaker" on it, but Bush's (lack of) communication skills have not made his job any easier and have, in my opinion, helped make him out to be a worse president than he actually is.

Where does "he's clean" fit in?

Harry Beanbag
8/8/2007, 04:58 PM
and the sitting one hasn't proven himself to be in over his head in foreign relations?

his daddy was a hell of a lot better at it than him...even with the Tokyo embarrassment.

Depends on who you talk too. ;) But I don't believe anybody had any reason not to give him the benefit of the doubt when he took office. There is ample evidence against Obama.

TopDawg
8/8/2007, 04:58 PM
Just clean? I'd put that between "speaks well" and "beer".

So fresh and so clean, clean? Now that's fly. That's at the top of the list.

Harry Beanbag
8/8/2007, 04:59 PM
Just clean? I'd put that between "speaks well" and "beer".

So fresh and so clean, clean? Now that's fly. That's at the top of the list.

Personally, beer should always be at the top of the list. ;)

TopDawg
8/8/2007, 05:03 PM

Well it seemed fairly obvious to me that while it might not have been easy to fold, spindle or mutilate W at the negotiation table, it wouldn't take much to confuse, bewilder and outwit him. ;)

mdklatt
8/8/2007, 05:06 PM
His words the last couple of weeks about sitting down with Chavez, Ahmedinajadklahjdnf, and other lying backstabbing hoodlums around the globe...should disqualify him from winning.

Why? They won't go away just because we ignore them. We've ignored Fidel Castro for 50 years. Bush ignores NK--they develop nuclear weapons. Bush negotiates with them--they agree to halt. Iraq was under sanctions for 10 years. That worked real well. All talking tough and playing hardball does is create a bunker mentality that will prop up an otherwise unpopular leader.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/8/2007, 05:07 PM
The sad thing is that Bill Clinton would still be the best candidate and most electable even with his history....Whaaaat!!!

soonerscuba
8/8/2007, 05:19 PM
You couldn't sit down and have a beer with Bush because he doesn't drink.

While it's quite preferable that he chooses to abstain rather than be an alcoholic, at the end of the day, he lacks the self-restraint to kick back a few tall boys with some friends. I will never, ever vote for anybody that doesn't drink. I realize that's it's a silly reason, but after all, Hitler didn't drink, FDR and Churchill did.

jk the sooner fan
8/8/2007, 05:21 PM

i'd pick principled over speaks well

but i'd agree with you that bush has been horrible at communicating........both personally and as an administration

TopDawg
8/8/2007, 05:27 PM
i'd pick principled over speaks well

but i'd agree with you that bush has been horrible at communicating........both personally and as an administration

Yeah, by no means am I saying that "speaks well" should be at the top of the list...but it does have some merit and it's certainly higher on the list than some of the reasons people (said they) picked Bush.

bluedogok
8/8/2007, 05:46 PM
Whaaaat!!!
He is better than the other Dems would stand a better chance of getting elected over the other Dems in a general elecetion. I think a bunch of the "name" factor is what Hillary is banking on. Much like the Eddie Murphy movie The Distinguished Gentleman (http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:14030).

Remember, the general population is full of idiots........

Harry Beanbag
8/8/2007, 06:21 PM
Why? They won't go away just because we ignore them. We've ignored Fidel Castro for 50 years.

Castro is irrelevant on the global stage.

Bush ignores NK--they develop nuclear weapons. Bush negotiates with them--they agree to halt.

I'm confused, are you giving Bush credit for something good? ;) North Korea started nuclear weapons R & D before Bush took office, the Clinton administration did some negotiating which apparently didn't help. I thought all along that the main concern with getting involved in this was that it was China's backyard and they should have handled it, even though that's not what happened.

Iraq was under sanctions for 10 years. That worked real well. All talking tough and playing hardball does is create a bunker mentality that will prop up an otherwise unpopular leader.

It was fairly apparent that negotiations with Saddam just didn't work.

I think the main point is that the office of the President of the United States should not be demeaned or put in a position of weakness by talking with some of these low life dictators. It would elevate them to legitimate world leader status. They can't be trusted (as we may find out with N. Korea), and to have the POTUS sit down and negotiate something and have the *********s thumb their nose at us and continue doing whatever the **** they want would only weaken the office, status, and power of the U.S.. Even Hillary understands this.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2007, 06:31 PM
Actually one could say that NK's development of nukes came from the "negotiations" with Clinton and his posse ;)

LosAngelesSooner
8/8/2007, 07:07 PM
Not quite. GWB had a great deal more private sector business experience, He's also a veteran. Obama? College, knocked around Chicago a while, then the Senate.
GWB has tons of FAILED business experience.

And to seriously call GWB a Veteran is an insult to real Veterans. He was a playboy and a hooligan who jetted around and partied his balls off...at best.

LosAngelesSooner
8/8/2007, 07:18 PM

Yeah...and God forbid we actually keep a line of communication open with people just in case things MIGHT be able to be solved without violence.

As for Chavez...he talks a lot of really stupid crap and is a viable threat, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep a line open with him. The USSR talked a lot of really stupid crap and was a serious threat, but that line of communication we kept open avoided several crisises and eventually helped us defeat them.

swardboy
8/8/2007, 09:12 PM
The USSR was a valid threat...Chavez is a popgun. the last thing we need to give him is validity.

Harry Beanbag
8/8/2007, 10:13 PM
And to seriously call GWB a Veteran is an insult to real Veterans. He was a playboy and a hooligan who jetted around and partied his balls off...at best.

You just described (and **** on) 97% of all our servicemen. Congrats.

Harry Beanbag
8/8/2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah...and God forbid we actually keep a line of communication open with people just in case things MIGHT be able to be solved without violence.

As for Chavez...he talks a lot of really stupid crap and is a viable threat, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep a line open with him. The USSR talked a lot of really stupid crap and was a serious threat, but that line of communication we kept open avoided several crisises and eventually helped us defeat them.

You seriously don't see a difference between Venezuela and the Soviet f'n Union? Wow.

royalfan5
8/8/2007, 10:22 PM
The USSR was a valid threat...Chavez is a popgun. the last thing we need to give him is validity.
as long as he has control of the governmental apparatus in Venezuela, he has all the validity he needs, especially as a major oil producer. Pretending a country doesn't exist doesn't solve any problems. Over the medium term, his policies will implode the country and there will be another revolution. All it requires is a little patience, but some diplomacy will be neccessary to help protect the interests of our allies like Columbia, and to counteract his influence in Brazil, Argentina, and the Andean states in the mean time.

Harry Beanbag
8/8/2007, 10:26 PM
as long as he has control of the governmental apparatus in Venezuela, he has all the validity he needs, especially as a major oil producer. Pretending a country doesn't exist doesn't solve any problems. Over the medium term, his policies will implode the country and there will be another revolution. All it requires is a little patience, but some diplomacy will be neccessary to help protect the interests of our allies like Columbia, and to counteract his influence in Brazil, Argentina, and the Andean states in the mean time.

He has influence outside of his own country? Besides Hollywood I mean.

royalfan5
8/8/2007, 10:38 PM
He has influence outside of his own country? Besides Hollywood I mean.
I take it you aren't familar with his protege Evi Morales? The new President of Bolivia that is busy nationalizing their resources? The Chavez backed candidate barely lost in Peru, and the elected President is really shaky right now. Chavez has cast a long shadow over the upcoming Argentinian elections as well, and they may well begin to imitate Venezuela some more. Lula in Brazil is a populist firebrand like Chavez, although he hasn't governed near as far to the left as Hugo has. With the inclusion of Venezuela into the Mercosur trade block, he will only increase his substantial influence in Latin America. Columbia is the only center-right government in South America, and that's pretty low ebb for our interests.

LosAngelesSooner
8/8/2007, 10:45 PM
The USSR was a valid threat...Chavez is a popgun. the last thing we need to give him is validity. As long as they import as much oil to us as they do, they will remain a valid, if not "serious," threat.

Like it or not.

Oh, and I'm guessin' Harry Beanbag is replying like crazy to me, but he's still on my ignore list since his posts almost always are just insulting and flamebaiting towards me, which is why I'm not replonding. If this isn't the case, then I apologize, but I'm assuming that my assumption is...er...right.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2007, 10:54 PM
Why don't people talk about John Kerry...He would have already talked to France and started world peace about 3 years ago had he been elected

usmc-sooner
8/8/2007, 10:58 PM
You just described (and **** on) 97% of all our servicemen. Congrats.

you got to realize who you are responding too. He's already playing the victim claiming you are flame baiting him (whatever that is) I guess it's he can't control his self if he reads an opinion he doesn't like.

He does a have a valid reason for hating Bush, if it weren't for Bush he wouldn't have been kicked off the SO a gazillion times.

Oh well he's back again. I guess we got to learn to ignore him. Anyways it's pointless to respond to him. He can't read it, you're on his ignore list;)

Harry Beanbag
8/9/2007, 06:58 AM
you got to realize who you are responding too. He's already playing the victim claiming you are flame baiting him (whatever that is) I guess it's he can't control his self if he reads an opinion he doesn't like.

He does a have a valid reason for hating Bush, if it weren't for Bush he wouldn't have been kicked off the SO a gazillion times.

Oh well he's back again. I guess we got to learn to ignore him. Anyways it's pointless to respond to him. He can't read it, you're on his ignore list;)

Typical. I'm not sure why he keeps coming back. Anybody who will actually have a conversation with him is on his ignore list.

http://blogmeisterusa.mu.nu/archives/crying-baby-contactus1a.jpg

Maybe he should learn from his good friend and coworker...

Only wussies put people on their ignore list.

I guess I'll just have to rely on others to quote me so my evil flame baiting can succeed. :rolleyes:

Harry Beanbag
8/9/2007, 07:02 AM
I take it you aren't familar with his protege Evi Morales? The new President of Bolivia that is busy nationalizing their resources? The Chavez backed candidate barely lost in Peru, and the elected President is really shaky right now. Chavez has cast a long shadow over the upcoming Argentinian elections as well, and they may well begin to imitate Venezuela some more. Lula in Brazil is a populist firebrand like Chavez, although he hasn't governed near as far to the left as Hugo has. With the inclusion of Venezuela into the Mercosur trade block, he will only increase his substantial influence in Latin America. Columbia is the only center-right government in South America, and that's pretty low ebb for our interests.

No, I'm not all that up to speed on the inner workings of South American politics. It's regrettable that the other countries down there can be bamboozled by Chavez.

85Sooner
8/9/2007, 07:50 AM

I thought I smelled someone

Scott D
8/9/2007, 08:50 AM
No, I'm not all that up to speed on the inner workings of South American politics. It's regrettable that the other countries down there can be bamboozled by Chavez.

I don't know that I'd necessarily see it as them being bamboozled. Rather his sphere of influence is a lot more direct to them than ours is. To a degree, they've got a lot more common interests with Venezuela than with us. With the increase of his influence it's naturally going to have a ripple effect in the political face of the entire portion of the continent.

Like rf said, it's foolhardy at best to act as if he nor his government and especially his influence don't exist. Work secretly if you must to bring about a fall in his government, but publically you can't ignore the fact that Venezuela exists, and that they are sitting on a major oil supply.

Ignoring Chavez and his potential threat is about as hairbrained as Congressman John Dingell's proposal to put that 50 cent tax on gasoline to try and force people to buy smaller more efficient vehicles.

mdklatt
8/9/2007, 09:46 AM
Actually one could say that NK's development of nukes came from the "negotiations" with Clinton and his posse ;)

How so?

In 1994, as soon as NK announced that they were going to begin reprocessing fuel rods from their nuclear reactor in order to obtain plutonium, Clinton immediately threatened a smackdown. They agreed to negotiate. The agreement that came about was that NK would stop reprocessing the fuel rods and the west would provide them with light water reactors (similar to the deal the US and Russia have offered Iran). They held up their end of the bargain throughout the Clinton term, but we eventually reneged. Congress never authorized the money for the reactors. When Bush took office he announced that the agreement was dead and that he had no interest in negotiating. When NK eventually kicked out the inspectors and unlocked their fuel rods in 2002, Bush did nothing. No threat of military action, no negotiation. Nothing. The plutonium from those rods was used to make NK's first nuclear weapon.

LosAngelesSooner
8/9/2007, 03:34 PM
I thought I smelled someone
Nice. :rolleyes:

KABOOKIE
8/9/2007, 03:40 PM

Hello. You're still bitter and thanks for the compliment to us Veterans. :rolleyes:

GrapevineSooner
8/9/2007, 03:44 PM
:pop:

LosAngelesSooner
8/9/2007, 05:38 PM
I'll leave this thread now that the typical Flame Baiters have found me here. Kinda sad how you guys follow me around.

Oh, and Kabookie and USMC, you are both also on my ignore, so I don't get to see the gems you leave for me either. If your above posts weren't regarding me, which I assume they were, then I apologize.

In the meantime...I'm off to avoid giving any of "my fan club" a reason to ruin yet another thread.

Peace. ;)

Harry Beanbag
8/9/2007, 05:43 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/ThundaPC/Putz_in.jpg

KABOOKIE
8/9/2007, 06:23 PM
I'll leave this thread now that the typical Flame Baiters have found me here. Kinda sad how you guys follow me around.

Oh, and Kabookie and USMC, you are both also on my ignore, so I don't get to see the gems you leave for me either. If your above posts weren't regarding me, which I assume they were, then I apologize.

In the meantime...I'm off to avoid giving any of "my fan club" a reason to ruin yet another thread.

Peace. ;)

And just like Paul Harvey. Another signature signoff! :D

Good day!

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2007, 06:25 PM
Quit calling LAS a butt munching homo Kabookie!!! Personal Attacks are wrong

KABOOKIE
8/9/2007, 06:47 PM
Quit calling LAS a butt munching homo Kabookie!!! Personal Attacks are wrong

Hey! That's being nice compared to what usmc said about LAS!

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2007, 07:01 PM
Holy Terror!!! HOW DID THAT NOT GET CENSORED...THERE IS DOLEMITE AGED PEOPLE ON HERE FOR GOD SAKE!!!!

Harry Beanbag
8/9/2007, 07:10 PM
Holy Terror!!! HOW DID THAT NOT GET CENSORED...THERE IS DOLEMITE AGED PEOPLE ON HERE FOR GOD SAKE!!!!

That's okay, the young'uns apparently know how to use the ignore feature. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2007, 07:19 PM
They should make it where only Elite Sponsers can ignore people...that type of peace should be highly bought

usmc-sooner
8/9/2007, 09:15 PM
oh and BTW LAS you're on my ignore list so that part where you say:

I can't read them so if you were flame baiting me, I can't read it, if not my bad. :rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
8/9/2007, 09:44 PM
I can't read any posts in this thread.

If you aren't posting anything about me, then ignore this post.

SoonerKnight
8/10/2007, 12:47 AM
Trying to catch the bad guys=Priceless

Making up your own sh*t and then some= Dumba*s

Harry Beanbag
8/10/2007, 01:09 AM
:confused:

olevetonahill
8/10/2007, 01:57 AM

Peace. ;)
Can I be added to Ignore ?
I feel left out