PDA

View Full Version : I have figured out their skewed view!

achiro
8/7/2007, 07:00 PM
My son was climbing over the seat this morning and hit the radio, turned the station to some poke analysis station. They were discussing this years team and some kind of scrimmage they just had. You talk about orange colored lenses, holy hell, they had me concerned that OU may be in for a real fight after a bit...then reality set in and I was ok again.
They talked about how the defense was good and made the offense look common. How thats good because the D was the question mark and since they made the great poke O look bad then they must have answered those question marks and are REALLY good! How the bowl game was really good for them because they were able to take a tie late in the game and fight down the field for a game winning drive against bama and the momentum will take them into GA very strong. How great reid(sp?) is at QB and how his arm will be able to pick apart the d's all season.:rolleyes:

Anyway, not real sure why I sat and listened to it but have a better understanding of why the poke fans think they are something they are not. I wonder if those commentators have ever actually watched an entire football game?;)

auto
8/7/2007, 07:02 PM
The delusions of Aggy Lite knows no bounds.

Jello Biafra
8/7/2007, 10:35 PM
My son was climbing over the seat this morning and hit the radio, turned the station to some poke analysis station. They were discussing this years team and some kind of scrimmage they just had. You talk about orange colored lenses, holy hell, they had me concerned that OU may be in for a real fight after a bit...then reality set in and I was ok again.
They talked about how the defense was good and made the offense look common. How thats good because the D was the question mark and since they made the great poke O look bad then they must have answered those question marks and are REALLY good! How the bowl game was really good for them because they were able to take a tie late in the game and fight down the field for a game winning drive against bama and the momentum will take them into GA very strong. How great reid(sp?) is at QB and how his arm will be able to pick apart the d's all season.:rolleyes:

Anyway, not real sure why I sat and listened to it but have a better understanding of why the poke fans think they are something they are not. I wonder if those commentators have ever actually watched an entire football game?;)

defense is instinct. plain and simple. this time of year, with your defense knowing the offensive plays, it is simple to dominate. even the number 1 offense in the universe.

offense has to work on timing the more the defense sees it, the more chances they have of screwing up the play. fear not, their defense has not turned into a world stopper......

MojoRisen
8/7/2007, 11:28 PM
We were thrre - thouough

MD

goingoneight
8/7/2007, 11:39 PM
Defense has to do more than score an upset. One could point out that Leslie Miles had OU's number in Norman to hold us to 13 in 2001... the rest of the BIG 12 proved that false by racking up scoreboard for the next three years.

I will chuckle a my aggy fan friends if they end up getting shut down again this year, or even shut out like Texass in 2004. "World's Greatest Offense" is a clever marketing ploy, but guarantees no wins outside of Bomar Tech and FAU.

SoonerDood
8/8/2007, 12:10 AM
I remember in 2003 the Poke Faithful were proclaiming, "Nebraska can't hold us under 50!" and "There isn't a team on God's earth that can hold our Triplets under 35!"
Then the season started and the Most Powerful Offense in the World scored all of 7 points and gained 160 yards.

CincySooner
8/8/2007, 07:48 AM
I remember in 2003 the Poke Faithful were proclaiming, "Nebraska can't hold us under 50!" and "There isn't a team on God's earth that can hold our Triplets under 35!"
Then the season started and the Most Powerful Offense in the World scored all of 7 points and gained 160 yards.

Actually, the offense only scored 3 points. The other 6 came on an interception return.

TopDawg
8/8/2007, 08:47 AM
it is simple to dominate. even the number 1 offense in the universe.

I think you're underestimating the poke offense.

imjebus
8/8/2007, 09:32 AM
I only have one question, why the hell wasn't your kid in a seatbelt? Then none of this would have happened....

OSUAggie
8/8/2007, 09:40 AM
Actually, the offense only scored 3 points. The other 6 came on an interception return.

I realize it was an extremely difficult post to follow, but the Dood was referencing the 2003 season opener against Nebraska, where the 'Skers won 17-7.

However, we had 180 yards rather than the previously reported 160.

CincySooner
8/8/2007, 09:52 AM
Fair enough... I mistook one type of suck for another. It's a common mistake from what I understand.

achiro
8/8/2007, 10:15 AM
I only have one question, why the hell wasn't your kid in a seatbelt? Then none of this would have happened....
We were parked and he was climbing over to get out of my side instead of the traffic side. Thank you for caring though.:D