PDA

View Full Version : A Pole! Which Game Are You Looking Forward To The Most?

Rogue
8/7/2007, 05:54 PM
The first game?
OU/Texas?
******?
Other?

SelmaBamaFan
8/7/2007, 06:35 PM
I picked Utah St. because I'll hopefully be going to that game! :D

SoonerKnight
8/7/2007, 06:38 PM
POLE? North or South? :)

soonerloyal
8/7/2007, 06:45 PM
Since I don't take orders well in my old age, I vote for all of them...but since I'm a pushover too, I voted for only one because you made me.

(P-O-L-L ;) )

The Maestro
8/7/2007, 06:45 PM
Other than the BCS Championship, a weekend in Bandera, Texas, and the Big 12 title game wouldn't be bad.

But it is still Texas I want to beat.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/7/2007, 06:55 PM
heh, n00bs

olevetonahill
8/7/2007, 07:00 PM
heh, n00bs
what I was thinking :D
I poled fot the unt game Cause They all are gonna be good .

SelmaBamaFan
8/7/2007, 07:01 PM
heh, n00bs

heh

critical_phil
8/7/2007, 07:37 PM
why do they call him AD?

Ash
8/7/2007, 08:00 PM
Over 2,000 posts and to this day nobody on this board will tell me where to get a Boomer Sooner ringtone. :mad:

SoonerBOI
8/7/2007, 08:16 PM
OU/Texas

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/7/2007, 08:19 PM
Bowl Game! We can't win the NC without winning the bowl game.

Redshirt
8/7/2007, 09:25 PM
The next one!!!

Zing
8/7/2007, 10:28 PM
Over 2,000 posts and to this day nobody on this board will tell me where to get a Boomer Sooner ringtone. :mad:

I've made an mp3 that I use myself. If your phone has an e-mail address or can accept multimedia messages from t-mobile phones, I'll try and send it to you. If you're interested, PM me with the contact details.

SelmaBamaFan
8/7/2007, 11:08 PM

I just bought a new phone today, took all of 5 minutes to get one! :D

SoonerLB
8/7/2007, 11:10 PM
I said Bowl Game just because it is the stage for the National Championship. I guess it goes without saying that I hope Miamuh and Saxet go down in major humiliation, along with the others, on the journey to said Bowl Game.
Oh, and I'm still lookin' for that elusive Boomer Sooner ringtone too! ;)

goingoneight
8/7/2007, 11:42 PM
POLE? North or South? :)

Since I don't take orders well in my old age, I vote for all of them...but since I'm a pushover too, I voted for only one because you made me.

(P-O-L-L ;) )

Oh, boy... :D

olevetonahill
8/7/2007, 11:49 PM
I said Unt cause I dont wantta miss a second of OUR march to 8 :P

Ash
8/8/2007, 12:38 AM
I just bought a new phone today, took all of 5 minutes to get one! :D
:bsmf:

btw...I appreciate the help from everyone who responded, but I was jus' jokin'...you know, along with the "why do they call him AD, when his initials is AP" and all.........

zeke
8/8/2007, 07:43 AM
FIRST GAME

OUDoc
8/8/2007, 08:22 AM
Game #1. I just want the season to start.

bri
8/8/2007, 12:44 PM
Tulsa. It'll probably be the only OU game I go to this year.

IndianJack
8/8/2007, 12:52 PM
As significant as OU/texas is, we get the opportunity to beat on them every year. A team with the national identity of the canes does not come to Norman very often. Factor in the three in row from the 80's and the canes boo-hooin' about being left out of the '01 OB, and the subplot thickens.

This is gonna be a great foockin' game as well. I have the feeling that Shannon is gonna have the canes back to an echelon they haven't seen in a few years. Not that they are going to be world beaters or anything, but he should inject some enthusiasm and unity into his team in a way that poor ole Coker never could. He will also be able to convey his personal experiences as an LB for the canes when they were the only thing better than Switzer's teams.

Plus... and I am loathe to admit it, but the canes will have just as good if not better athletes than we have on the field. We should have better offensive chemistry than they will, and that should push us over the edge. A defensive slugfest: Sooners 16 canes 9.

Edmond Sooner
8/8/2007, 01:13 PM
Game #1. I just want the season to start.

Yep. That gets my vote, too.

Ash
8/8/2007, 01:22 PM

homer :P

olevetonahill
8/8/2007, 01:33 PM
You and homey need to make sure ya got a coupla tickets
Cause Im gonna put you under the table On natty :D

bri
8/8/2007, 02:56 PM
homer :P

Well, you know, I thought about asking them to leave the OU game out of my season ticket package 'cause I didn't want to seem like a Sooner fan that was only buying a season ticket so I could go to the OU game...but I figured, what the hell? ;)

AZSOONER
8/8/2007, 04:42 PM
I picked the first game. The season is so short that by the time it comes around I could care less who we play or where we play. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
8/8/2007, 04:52 PM
:bsmf:

btw...I appreciate the help from everyone who responded, but I was jus' jokin'...you know, along with the "why do they call him AD, when his initials is AP" and all.........

Dangit Ash. If you are going to use the cliche line hook, you have to let people dogpile you relentlessly and watch the noob folk post all of the helpfull links to ringtone sites, etc.

I never want to see a vet pull back the curtain like that. It's... It's just a damned insult to the board.

So, seriously, why did they call him AD when his last name began with P? Was it short for Adrian?

Ash
8/8/2007, 04:59 PM
Dangit Ash. If you are going to use the cliche line hook, you have to let people dogpile you relentlessly and watch the noob folk post all of the helpfull links to ringtone sites, etc.

I never want to see a vet pull back the curtain like that. It's... It's just a damned insult to the board.

So, seriously, why did they call him AD when his last name began with P? Was it short for Adrian?

My bad. :O I'd negspek myself if I could.

CatfishSooner
8/8/2007, 05:23 PM
OU/tx...I hope we Kill 'em.

yermom
8/8/2007, 05:42 PM
i've been waiting to see us play Miami since '87

Texass is always huge though

r5TPsooner
8/8/2007, 08:25 PM
Miami cuz it's pay back time.

KantoSooner
8/8/2007, 09:50 PM
As significant as OU/texas is, we get the opportunity to beat on them every year. A team with the national identity of the canes does not come to Norman very often. Factor in the three in row from the 80's and the canes boo-hooin' about being left out of the '01 OB, and the subplot thickens.

This is gonna be a great foockin' game as well. I have the feeling that Shannon is gonna have the canes back to an echelon they haven't seen in a few years. Not that they are going to be world beaters or anything, but he should inject some enthusiasm and unity into his team in a way that poor ole Coker never could. He will also be able to convey his personal experiences as an LB for the canes when they were the only thing better than Switzer's teams.

Plus... and I am loathe to admit it, but the canes will have just as good if not better athletes than we have on the field. We should have better offensive chemistry than they will, and that should push us over the edge. A defensive slugfest: Sooners 16 canes 9.

I can see this scenario playing out. But, if OU can get in gear early this year (unlike last) and we can get an early one or two scores up and dominate play a little, the canes look to me like a team who might be vulnerable to trying too hard, losing cohesion and getting beat badly.

I tend to agree with those who are calling for something close, but I'm covering myself by putting a fiver on OU in a blowout. That's where my heart is, anyway.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/8/2007, 10:23 PM
Ah, for the good OLD days, back before UM became a nuisance. They used to be a patsy, always had one or 2 good players(ie Ted Hendricks, the "Mad Stork"), but never were a real threat. The U Florida would get the players in-state, but lots, maybe most of the best FL players would go to play for teams out of state...Ah, the good old days!!!

insuranceman_22
8/8/2007, 10:58 PM
Toss up....but since miami is before the whorens....let's bitch-slap some canes first!

Big Red Ron
8/9/2007, 12:23 AM
I think it's kinda funny that Tulsa is beating aggie.

OKC Sooner
8/9/2007, 12:32 AM
Miami cuz it's pay back time.

"It's not revenge we're after... it's a reckoning."

http://www149.pair.com/marilynn/tomb1.jpg

the_edge
8/9/2007, 12:46 AM
What's ENA mean? :b

olevetonahill
8/9/2007, 01:33 AM
Hell if I know ?:confused: :confused:
Can anyone help ?:confused:

AZSOONER
8/9/2007, 01:30 PM
Hell if I know ?:confused: :confused:
Can anyone help ?:confused:
has something to do with numerology, if you take all the letters in his name and correspond them with their number and divide it by the number of our Championships you come up with 5,14,1 which transfered back to letters are ENA.

NormanPride
8/9/2007, 02:21 PM
I think it's kinda funny that Tulsa is beating aggie.

Why?

NS5
8/9/2007, 03:39 PM
The first game?
OU/Texas?
******?
Other?

NO DOUBT !!!!!!

bri
8/9/2007, 03:44 PM
Whiskey tango foxtrot?

OSPride
8/9/2007, 04:45 PM
OSU :texan:

HTown77095
8/9/2007, 04:48 PM
I'm looking forward to the first game to see how our new qb and the rest of the o-line looks. Hope the D doesn't start out like last year.

colleyvillesooner
8/9/2007, 04:49 PM
Whiskey tango foxtrot?
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/111/grosswonderwomanro2.jpg

cvsooner
8/10/2007, 02:37 PM
I have to say two games. Miami, first, because that will be the game that determines if we're for real. Miami is a good team, make no mistakes about it. I see the Hurricanes in the same position OU was in back in 1999. Shannon may not be Stoops, but...this game is going to be scary.

Second game I'm really looking forward to is Missouri, because for the first time in 30 years, I'll get to see the Sooners play at home in Owen Field.

Which will be a welcome thing. Let's see, saw 'em lose in the Fiesta Bowl in '83, saw 'em lose to UCLA in 2005, saw the win in the Holiday Bowl--no, wait, I guess I didn't see that game after all, it wasn't played, according to the NCAA--and then saw the Fiesta Bowl back in January, when we made Boise State's dreams come true.

Oh, man, maybe I shouldn't come to the Missouri game after all.

Sooner74
8/10/2007, 02:51 PM
I really want to see the first game against UNT. We have so many personnel ramifications that can be derived from the first game. We could be set up for a great year or flounder with poor play and unknown/unpolished qb skills.

Reasons:

1)QB play

- I believe their will be a clear starter yet I am not confident that anyone is truly a QB that can step in a be lights out in the first game. I want to see what he does in front of a friendly crowd against a horrible team. If he has mistake, I am not going to be looking forward to the Miami game much becuase they will bring a lights out defense.

2)Linebackers

-We get to see how our LB core performs and how in sync they are. How hard is UNT going to be to play against? Not hard ,but we still see if the linebackers are up to task with their blitzes and coverage schemes. Reed is going to be a beast.

3) Demarco Murray

-Need I say more. I completely disagree with the notion that Chris Brown will get more play time in this game. I think we insert him from the start and see how his running skills perform against UNT. I think that UNT is a game to try some passes and backfield slants we might throw in the Miami game. Brown will get significant carries ,but not more the Murray.

goingoneight
8/10/2007, 06:40 PM
I think Stoops is very confident in Murray being a big-play back, but he's going to use him rather lightly against UNT. AP, CB and Gute have earned their stripes and Murray will have to prove himself in limited duty much like AD did. If there's one thing I completely disagreed with Chuck Long's playcalling, it was using AD so damn hard in 2004. We lost some high quality backs because AD was either going to run the SOS or be the pass-blocker. The talent we have this year should certainly be divided up unless someone shats themself and stinks it up (fumble-rooskie, RB-style).

I have a great feeling like many that while everyone is selling out to stop OUr young quarterback, Murray's going to be an AD/D-Mac kinda boost for the team. You'll rarely see a pass when he's on his game unless Kelly finds himself wider open than Paris Hilton.

Rogue
8/10/2007, 09:55 PM
I don't think we'll learn (or show) all that much against UNT.

BornandBred
8/11/2007, 02:14 AM
I don't think we'll learn (or show) all that much against UNT.
Too bad. I think this would be a great time for the O to flex and let the new QB get over the jitters. Open up the playbook a little, and rely on a strong showing from the D. If the QB blows, pull it back, hand it off and control the game. I would be VERY surprised if the coaching staff allowed us to go into the Miami game without having tested our new QB, at least a little. UNT is a great chance to let the kid make some mistakes without screwing us long term.

goingoneight
8/11/2007, 02:24 AM
I don't care if it's called "classless" or "running up the score." It's a new team in the most critical areas... if we can throw for 300 and score 77 points, damnit we should do it for practice sake. Let Halzle, Bradford AND Nichol play if you want to call off the dogs.
If OUr Qb throws eh-eh against UNT because he didn't get a chance to settle down in front of 85,000... what good is scheduling UNT? Why not just play USC, Miami, Florida and LSU all in the same OOC?

My $.02:
We should use this game to OUr advantage.

BornandBred
8/11/2007, 02:28 AM
And can we please, please, please throw to the TEs a little???

Zing
8/11/2007, 02:55 AM

Hm... 235 posts, so probably legitimate question. If I'm correct, it means "Ebony Ninja Assassin." :D

MamaMia
8/11/2007, 08:10 AM
Its a tie for me, but since we play Miami before we play Texas, I'll look forward to the Miami game the most until after we beat them. :)

Sooner74
8/11/2007, 01:14 PM
I disagree with you goingoneight. I think when Murray is on the field we will see more backfield passes. I believe he is the perfect solution for a defense like miami. Miami will overpursue and we throw short and down the middle to our TE or RB. With his speed he should prove perfect for running outside on doing those 3 yard pass routes.

BornandBred
8/11/2007, 06:01 PM
If we ran the offense with Marray set up out wide, and motioned behind the line presnap, similar to what NO did with Bush, this would be a great way to freeze everyone on the D. He doesn't have to get the ball that often to make that a very effective offense. It would also be a great way to get a lot of talent on the field, we could effectively get 3 RBs in the backfield. With all that backfield action, it would be very easy to get Kelly matched up 1 on 1 with his DB, not to mention all the room underneith with frozen LBs for our TE's. That's a situation I like, a lot. Being OU's offensive coordinator has got to be a fun job this year. If all else fails, use the best OL we've had in many moons to just stuff it down the D's throat. Either way, I think the best thing for our program is to start off pushing the QB's to see what they're made of early.

MALE918
8/13/2007, 09:55 AM
long time reader; first time poster.....i'm looking forward to the mnc....i expect us to be there:pop:

SoonerStud615
8/13/2007, 10:43 AM
Ou TX because I'll be therr.

Big Red Ron
8/13/2007, 01:49 PM
Why?Because they think we're rivals and we could give a squirt of pee about it (more interested in Tulsa than them).

josh09
8/15/2007, 05:28 PM

get verizon.

the end. :D

josh09
8/15/2007, 05:29 PM
Definately miami, since ill be going to it and i hate them with a bloody passion.

Oh ya, and we owe them a good beat down anyways.

virginiasooner
8/16/2007, 09:31 AM
I'm looking forward to Colorado, CUZ I'M GOING! I want half a hundred on the Buffs!

Tailwind
8/16/2007, 01:46 PM
Didn't see an "All of them" choice, so I just picked the first one.

Rogue
8/18/2007, 03:45 PM
Didn't see an "All of them" choice, so I just picked the first one.
Fair enough. It's like trying to pick your favorite bewb isn't it?

StormySooner-IN
8/19/2007, 11:25 AM
I picked Utah St. because I'll hopefully be going to that game! :D Hey. Same here! :D

Rogue
8/21/2007, 09:50 PM
It's closer than I thought.

MR2-Sooner86
8/21/2007, 10:06 PM
oSu

I got a bet with a girl. If OU wins she buys me a round of drinks. If oSu wins I buy her drinks. :D