PDA

View Full Version : RRS Tickets

jthomasou78
8/7/2007, 04:50 PM
I have not been to the RRS since 2001. I am going to dallas this year for the event. Over the past few years how easy is it to get tickets the day of the game outside the stadium?

colleyvillesooner
8/7/2007, 05:05 PM
I have not been to the RRS since 2001. I am going to dallas this year for the event. Over the past few years how easy is it to get tickets the day of the game outside the stadium?

At the main Gate (the one with the stairs), there are usually a bunch of people selling tickets right before the game.

yermom
8/7/2007, 05:10 PM
watch out for cops though

the girl that sold me her ticket in 2002 got busted holding a friend's ticket during a transaction

the fine was pretty outlandish as well

Funky G
8/7/2007, 05:19 PM
I have attended since 2000 and tickets have seemed pretty hard to find. If you go the ebay or similar route wait until the last possible minute to buy or you will pay way too much.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/7/2007, 05:22 PM
I have not been to the RRS since 2001. I am going to dallas this year for the event. Over the past few years how easy is it to get tickets the day of the game outside the stadium?Be prepared to give up your first born child.

utex74
8/7/2007, 05:51 PM
watch out for cops though

the girl that sold me her ticket in 2002 got busted holding a friend's ticket during a transaction

the fine was pretty outlandish as well

Is it just illegal at the Cotton Bowl? Scalping is legal in Texas but certain sites ban it from their property.

yermom
8/7/2007, 05:52 PM
seems like it's a Dallas thing

AlbqSooner
8/7/2007, 07:56 PM
Ahhh how I long for the good old days. Way back when you could go to the Brown and Adlophus (hotels where the OU and Texas fans stayed downtown)on Saturday morning, tip the Bell Captain $5 and he would give you the room numbers of the people he thought came in late enough and drunk enough that they would be unable to make it to the game in person. I used this technique more than once. Call them up from the lobby, offer to buy their tickets and voila.

Zing
8/7/2007, 10:17 PM
go to the jail the night before the game. Fans from both teams will be locked up the day of the game for public drunkenness and disturbing the peace.

Buy the tickets there from the miscreants, pick up some pot from the Texass players in the next cell over, and you're good to go!

Zing
8/7/2007, 10:21 PM
Ahhh how I long for the good old days. Way back when you could go to the Brown and Adlophus (hotels where the OU and Texas fans stayed downtown)on Saturday morning, tip the Bell Captain $5 and he would give you the room numbers of the people he thought came in late enough and drunk enough that they would be unable to make it to the game in person. I used this technique more than once. Call them up from the lobby, offer to buy their tickets and voila.

Why doesn't this work any more?

AlbqSooner
8/8/2007, 07:15 AM
Why doesn't this work any more?
A) No one stays at the Brown and Adolphus anymore; and
B) I have not seen a Bell Captain in years.:D

stoopified
8/8/2007, 02:19 PM
Instead of my firstborn,can I give up an adopted Child from Chile?

MojoRisen
8/8/2007, 03:14 PM
go to the jail the night before the game. Fans from both teams will be locked up the day of the game for public drunkenness and disturbing the peace.

Buy the tickets there from the miscreants, pick up some pot from the Texass players in the next cell over, and you're good to go!

Best advice yet- I have seen them as cheep as 100$ or as high as a1000 the day of the game. Tough call and you don't want to miss the game.

If you miss the fist quarter - you can likely get a cheep ticket.

colinreturn
8/9/2007, 01:09 PM
the scalpers get vulnerable when the game starts. they get around 100-200 then. maybe.