PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever watched an OU game in Hong Kong?

colleyvillesooner
8/7/2007, 02:16 PM
I have a friend who's going to be in Hong Kong for the first game and want to know if anyone that lives there has ever watched an OU game on FSN Southwest there.

Outside shot, but I seem to remember somebody here living there or nearby.

Widescreen
8/7/2007, 04:22 PM
I don't think the FSN-SW region includes Hong Kong. YWIA.

afs
8/7/2007, 04:30 PM
i don't know but I'll be there in Oct so if you find out anything please pass it along.

Mjcpr
8/7/2007, 04:32 PM
I think it would look the same as anywhere else.

You might like to watch another one shortly thereafter, but that's about it.

rufnek05
8/7/2007, 05:57 PM
i would think you should be able to find it on the interweb. that is if al gore is doing his job.

soonerboomer93
8/7/2007, 06:00 PM
I have fox here in Korea, but I haven't ever seen them playing football games on it...

critical_phil
8/7/2007, 06:26 PM
i remember watching football at the Kangaroo Pub in Kowloon.

i couldn't tell you if it was college or pro, or if there was a wide selection of games. my memory's not so good these days. it's been a long time ago......and i may have had a Carlsberg or 14.

Dio
8/7/2007, 06:55 PM
I don't think we've ever played a game in Hong Kong. Sorry.

Harry Beanbag
8/7/2007, 07:09 PM
i remember watching football at the Kangaroo Pub in Kowloon.

i couldn't tell you if it was college or pro, or if there was a wide selection of games. my memory's not so good these days. it's been a long time ago......and i may have had a Carlsberg or 14.

I have a menu from the Kangaroo Pub. :) It wasn't football season when I was there so they probably had jai lai or something on, I was too busy drinking to really notice though.

Widescreen
8/7/2007, 07:30 PM
I'm angered that CVS hasn't stopped back by to offer his thanks for all the awesome feedback he's gotten. :mad:

critical_phil
8/7/2007, 07:34 PM
I have a menu from the Kangaroo Pub. :) It wasn't football season when I was there so they probably had jai lai or something on, I was too busy drinking to really notice though.

IIRC, there was a Pizza Hut near the corner on that street. between the Pizza Hut and the Kangaroo, there were two other pubs (i don't remember the names - one was just a little hole in the wall that probably sat ~20 people). all three bars had different happy hours.

i got plain retarded on that little street many times. in fact, i spent a week in HK one time, took the Star ferry across, and never left that street.

usmc-sooner
8/7/2007, 07:42 PM
I watched a OU game in Norfolk, Va and ordered wings from this Oriental place called wing shack.

colleyvillesooner
8/7/2007, 08:16 PM
I'm angered that CVS hasn't stopped back by to offer his thanks for all the awesome feedback he's gotten. :mad:

I'm waiting till I get a good answer. :mad:

Widescreen
8/7/2007, 08:18 PM
:mad: :mad:

soonerboomer93
8/7/2007, 08:25 PM
This is more pro football games in this discussion

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/can-watch-american-t4415.html?

John Kochtoston
8/7/2007, 10:22 PM
I don't think we've ever played a game in Hong Kong. Sorry.

Bomar leads Sooners to Romp of HK Tech*

OU now 10-0 in 2005 season.

HONG KONG (AP) - Rhett Bomar threw for two touchdown passes and ran for another as the Oklahoma Sooners thrased the Hong Kong Tech Phooeys 45-3 Saturday at HKT Stadium.

(Story continues...)

* - According to official NCAA records, nothing actually happened that year.

Dio
8/7/2007, 11:03 PM

You know this is the South Oval, right?

LosAngelesSooner
8/8/2007, 03:43 AM
Last year I was in Hong Kong when OU played Middle Tennessee. It wasn't on the TV, but I was able to listen to it on the radio via the Internet. However, your friend MAY be able to get it on tv at one of the larger Irish Ex-Pat pubs in Kowloon, near the old red light district.

Just warn him not to buy any of the pretty ladies drinks.
;)

soonerboomer93
8/8/2007, 06:09 AM
if you're not buying a pretty lady a drink, you're doing it wrong

(and yes, I'm fully aware of how the western bars in this part of the world work)

stoopified
8/8/2007, 01:47 PM
No

Hamhock
8/8/2007, 01:53 PM
i watched a game from Tahlequah once.

LosAngelesSooner
8/8/2007, 02:57 PM
if you're not buying a pretty lady a drink, you're doing it wrong

(and yes, I'm fully aware of how the western bars in this part of the world work)
I remember my first time in Hong Kong. My butt had barely made contact with the seat before two of the HOTTEST asian girls were sitting down at my table and touching my leg. For a second I thought I had become a sex god...then my friend came over and explained the situation to me.

So sad. Magic Asian girl power... g o n e

*poof!*

:(

StuIsTheMan
8/8/2007, 03:10 PM
Just remember..

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews9/full-metal-jacket/full-metal-jacket-PDVD_01201.jpg

not ment to offend the Asian Prostitute Community that may post on the board. That is direct quote from the movie Full Metal Jacket....:pop:

Chuck Bao
8/9/2007, 04:42 AM
Good luck finding a bar in Hong Kong open at 8am on a Sunday morning (unless it is part of a hotel, inn or guest house). And then, I can't imagine that an OU game would be on a sports channel in the normal Asia satellite TV package provided by hotels, inns and guest houses.

Your friend's best bet is to find a big OU fan in Hong Kong who has a slingbox and can watch the game on his home PC. I'm not even sure that'd work. It still won't in Thailand.

As someone else posted, your friend will probably have to listen to Bob Barry and Merv Johnson over the internet. That's what I have to do.

colleyvillesooner
8/9/2007, 07:51 AM
Cool, thanks.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/9/2007, 10:39 AM
Anyone in Singapore for the UNT, err, Dodge Ball game??

TheHumanAlphabet
8/9/2007, 10:40 AM
As someone else posted, your friend will probably have to listen to Bob Barry and Merv Johnson over the internet. That's what I have to do.

Do you know what stations will be carrying the game, over the net for free.

critical_phil
8/9/2007, 11:10 AM

wow chuck, color me impressed.

in addition to being fluent in english and thai, you also speak Bob Barry?

Chuck Bao
8/9/2007, 12:52 PM
Do you know what stations will be carrying the game, over the net for free.

I didn't know that. I have broadband, but I can't watch streaming video from the US. Will they archive the broadcast?

On second thought, I did watch some of the live Arkansas-LSU game on CSTV last year. Maybe that has improved.

in addition to being fluent in english and thai, you also speak Bob Barry?

Only after years of practice, heavy drinking and the ability to pick up and throw anything innocently sitting nearby when I'm not sure whether it was really a completed pass, incompleted pass, run or punt.

DuSStyBottoms22
8/9/2007, 01:11 PM
If he has access to a computer, I use this site to watch EPL games that I can't find on the tube.. They have an NFL/NCAA section so they might have college games..(I've never looked)

http://www.myp2p.eu/