PDA

View Full Version : the new republic

jk the sooner fan
8/7/2007, 12:58 PM
must be super proud (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292367,00.html)

i love it!

royalfan5
8/7/2007, 01:03 PM
Man, the Jedi are going to ****ed.

OklahomaTuba
8/7/2007, 01:21 PM
Wow. I hadn't seen this.

Not surprising really. Just one of many "fake but accurate" stories we get shoved down our thoats by our liberal media masters appeasing the left's appetite to demonize and humiliate all who wear the uniform in service to this nation.

Does kind of make me miss Dan Rather though.

yermom
8/7/2007, 02:52 PM
so it's the media's fault that some soldier decides to get greedy and lie about things in Iraq to make some cash?

Tear Down This Wall
8/7/2007, 03:02 PM
The media cranks out so much bad sausage these days.

jk the sooner fan
8/7/2007, 03:05 PM
so it's the media's fault that some soldier decides to get greedy and lie about things in Iraq to make some cash?

there's more to the story behind this than some newspaper simply publishing a soldiers story.....it goes much deeper than that

but lets say you own your own "yermom magazine" and i come to you with stories.......and you print them as the gospel truth, then yes, its the medias fault for not making any effort to verify the story

yermom
8/7/2007, 03:10 PM
why do you hate the troops? ;)

Tear Down This Wall
8/7/2007, 03:11 PM
Bad sausage.

jk the sooner fan
8/7/2007, 03:12 PM
exactly!

the kid had an agenda....they should have checked out his story

Tear Down This Wall
8/7/2007, 03:16 PM
The lib media outlets are so eager to produce bad stuff about Iraq and the conservative outlets are so eager to produce good stuff, we'll probably never really know the whole truth until years from now.

It ain't roses over there, but it's not a complete pile of sh*t, either. My cousin who's over there says we're in control, but the rules of engagement as they now stand keep us from really cracking down and finishing it off. I trust him, he's there everyday.

I don't trust liberal or conservative media outlets for anything. They both suck it. Sadly, though, for the past 40 years, news has become more about editorializing than actual reporting. Therefore, we'll continue to get the liberal and conservative media pimping any bitch that comes through with their angle.

Whores.

soonerscuba
8/7/2007, 03:51 PM
The lib media outlets are so eager to produce bad stuff about Iraq and the conservative outlets are so eager to produce good stuff, we'll probably never really know the whole truth until years from now.

It ain't roses over there, but it's not a complete pile of sh*t, either. My cousin who's over there says we're in control, but the rules of engagement as they now stand keep us from really cracking down and finishing it off. I trust him, he's there everyday.

I don't trust liberal or conservative media outlets for anything. They both suck it. Sadly, though, for the past 40 years, news has become more about editorializing than actual reporting. Therefore, we'll continue to get the liberal and conservative media pimping any bitch that comes through with their angle.

Whores.

Wow. I actually agree with you. The media are whores, and I mean that with no disrespect to actual whores.

jk the sooner fan
8/7/2007, 03:53 PM
the rules of engagement have been changed, at least where my boy is at.....while its not the most favorable ROE, its tons better than what they had before

NormanPride
8/7/2007, 03:56 PM
At least it's not government controlled..?