PDA

View Full Version : An exciting night in Denton for the athletic director's son...

Tear Down This Wall
8/7/2007, 12:48 PM
Well, I'm not always complimentary of Joe C., but at least his kids aren't out making asses of themselves. Here's a good question to ask yourself as you read the article - how is it that the North Texas athletic director has a son driving a Lexus SUV, yet the school can't afford to hire anything but a high school football coach? Hmmm. How sad it must be to be a Mean Green athletic supporter:

Son of UNT athletic director arrested after early-morning fight

Justin Dale Villarreal awaiting arraignment on assault charge

By DONNA FIELDER / Denton Record-Chronicle
[email protected]

The 23-year-old son of University of North Texas Athletics Director Rick Villarreal is in Denton City Jail awaiting arraignment on an assault charge after an altercation at a fast-food restaurant early today.

Justin Dale Villarreal, listed in UNT’s campus directory as a junior arts and sciences major, was arrested about 3 a.m. after a fight in the parking lot of the Taco Cabana restaurant in the 1300 block of Interstate 35E in Denton.

Jason Dugas, 23, listed in UNT’s campus directory as a senior business administration major, was awaiting arraignment Tuesday on a charge of aggravated assault with serious bodily injury, a second-degree felony. A conviction of aggravated assault carries penalty of two to 20 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.

John Thomas Cline, 21, was taken by medical helicopter to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth with injuries considered life-threatening by police. He was listed in serious condition late Tuesday morning.

Detective Sgt. Jim Brett said Cline and another man pulled into a parking space in the restaurant parking lot and started to get out of their vehicle. Villarreal and the other two men were in the parking lot.

“Someone had put guacamole on Villarreal’s Lexus SUV, and he thought it was Cline,” Brett said. “He [Cline] tried to explain that he had just gotten there.”

Brett said witnesses reported that Dugas “head-butted” Cline several times and then picked him up and dropped him on his head on the concrete. Then he punched him several times.

Witnesses said Villarreal kicked the second man in the head. He was disoriented but did not suffer serious injuries, Brett said.

Villarreal was detained by police at the scene for outstanding traffic warrants and later charged with the Class A misdemeanor. If convicted, Villarreal could face up to a year in jail and up to a $4,000 fine.

soonerinabilene
8/7/2007, 12:56 PM
you really seem to have an axe to grind against unt. Just sayin.

colleyvillesooner
8/7/2007, 01:11 PM
Someone put Guacamole on his car! What other choice did he have? ;)

OklahomaTuba
8/7/2007, 01:15 PM
Was this at a Whataburger???

The Maestro
8/7/2007, 01:19 PM
Late night's at Taco Cabana never go well.

jk the sooner fan
8/7/2007, 01:20 PM
why is this news? some kid gets in a fight and its on the front of dallasnews.com only because he's "somebody's kid", and now its here as some sort of relevant information

TheHumanAlphabet
8/7/2007, 01:27 PM
Late night's at Taco Cabana never go well.

Kind of like at the Taco Mayo across from Norman HS...

NormanPride
8/7/2007, 01:38 PM
Yawn.

CincySooner
8/7/2007, 02:18 PM

Except you can buy beer at Taco Cabana

Tear Down This Wall
8/7/2007, 02:27 PM

Okay, I can see that. Maybe if the perpetrator had gone hot sauce instead....

TheHumanAlphabet
8/7/2007, 03:31 PM
Except you can buy beer at Taco Cabana

I wasn't thinking about that...I never got the urge to tank up at a Taco Cabana and I ALWAYS hit a Taco Mayo late at night and tanked up...

OuFan55
8/7/2007, 06:44 PM
Life Threating injuries to someone that didn't even do anything, sounds kinda serious to me guys.

They need to lock that guy for awhile and accidentally lose the key. :pop:

AlbqSooner
8/7/2007, 07:48 PM
C'mon man. UNT is the Mean Green. I bet his Lexus was green. Just trying to cover up a couple of nicks in the paint.:rolleyes:

OUMallen
8/7/2007, 08:16 PM
Are you kiddin' man? Do you have kids? they aren't little robots you program to do only what you want them to do. And who cares what he drives? It's a bigger deal that AD was supposedly driving a Lexus than this kid. The kid is obviously a bass-turd, but you're all over his dad? Kinda sad really...

Ash
8/7/2007, 08:27 PM
Hoodlums these days. :rolleyes: In my day, everyone knew the proper response was a head butt, a punch to the gut and then pour your drink on his head. Or, break the headlights with a bat and two swings to the windshield, then say "You want some of this?!" three times.

And that other guy should've known, Taco Cabana guac is known to strip the paint right off your Escalade. Not to mention it'll eat a hole right through your brand new 24s...and it's liable to give you the craps for three days straight. This is some serious stuff we're dealing with.

Redshirt
8/7/2007, 09:41 PM
And that other guy should've known, Taco Cabana guac is known to strip the paint right off your Escalade. Not to mention it'll eat a hole right through your brand new 24s...and it's liable to give you the craps for three days straight. This is some serious stuff we're dealing with.

I understand that they are working on a cure right now at Baylor Medical Center.

colleyvillesooner
8/8/2007, 10:46 AM
WHAT IS GOING ON AT ALL MY FAVORITE COLLEGE LATE NIGHT DRUNK STOPS!!!!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/080907dnmetdentonshooting.1409caf6.html

Police fatally shoot man at Denton Whataburger 10:40 AM CT

10:42 AM CDT on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

[email protected]

A Denton police officer fatally shot an armed man at a fast food restaurant early Wednesday morning.

Denton police responded to a report of a person with a gun at a Whataburger drive-through in the 700 block of Fort Worth Drive at about 2:20 a.m. During the confrontation, an officer shot the man, police said.

The man, whose identity had not been released, died at Presbyterian Hospital of Denton.

Police would not say whether the man pointed his gun at police, and they would not identify the officer who fired the shot.

The Texas Rangers were investigating. The officer has been placed on routine administrative leave with pay.

GrapevineSooner
8/8/2007, 10:58 AM
Maybe he got into an argument over which Mexican fast food restaurant was better.

OzarkSooner
8/8/2007, 11:16 AM
Police fatally shoot man at Denton Whataburger 10:40 AM CT

10:42 AM CDT on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

[email protected]

A Denton police officer fatally shot an armed man at a fast food restaurant early Wednesday morning.

Denton police responded to a report of a person with a gun at a Whataburger drive-through in the 700 block of Fort Worth Drive at about 2:20 a.m. During the confrontation, an officer shot the man, police said.

The man, whose identity had not been released, died at Presbyterian Hospital of Denton.

Police would not say whether the man pointed his gun at police, and they would not identify the officer who fired the shot.

The Texas Rangers were investigating. The officer has been placed on routine administrative leave with pay.

So, what's the point of getting a baseball team involved??? :P

Taxman71
8/8/2007, 11:49 AM

Except that is now a Starbucks...thus, it would have been a biscotti placed on his Lexus.

Ash
8/8/2007, 01:19 PM
Except that is now a Starbucks...thus, it would have been a biscotti placed on his Lexus.

If that happens, it's all out war. Good thing nothing like that was at the scene.