PDA

View Full Version : The Players Speak by CNNSI

SoonerBOI
8/7/2007, 12:28 PM
Some very interesting results.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/specials/preview/2007/08/07/survey.results/index.html

The Maestro
8/7/2007, 12:43 PM
Well, the Big 12 player that said message board fans don't know what is going on is OBVIOUSLY a texas guy on hornfans.com.

birddog
8/7/2007, 12:44 PM
booty for heisman...pfft.

OUDoc
8/7/2007, 01:00 PM
booty for heisman...pfft.
She's got as good a shot as any.
BSG, right? ;)

colleyvillesooner
8/7/2007, 01:13 PM
8. Do you read message boards or blogs where fans discuss your team?

Yes: 39.5%
No: 60.5%

Notes: For the purposes of this survey, if a player answered "sometimes," it was counted as a "yes" response... Twenty-four players answered "yes" outright, while 23 answered "sometimes." ... Approximately 68 percent of BCS players responded "no," compared to approximately 51 percent of non-BCS players.

Quotable: "I read it if I want to have a good laugh," said one Big 12 player. "Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they're showing their opinions, but at the end of the day, they don't know what's going on." ... Most players who responded "no" said the people who write on message boards or blogs do not know what they're talking about. Said one MAC player: "My grandma could guess the same thing."

heh

Seamus
8/7/2007, 01:26 PM
Notes: Players were asked to estimate their hours during the football season... Ninety-seven of the 119 players polled, or 81.5 percent, estimated that they spent at least 30 hours per week... Excluding two extreme outliers (512 hours and 12 hours), the average figure was 38.9...

WTF? A couple of Aggy math majors?

47straight
8/8/2007, 12:13 AM
I think it would drive me nuts to read boards while being a player. I would have to force myself to stay away for my own darn good.

Landthief 1972
8/8/2007, 08:55 AM
I think it would drive me nuts to read boards while being a player. I would have to force myself to stay away for my own darn good.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing if one of my kids were to make it to the college level. If you guys think I can get nasty now, just try telling me my son tackles like a girl sometime. :D

goingoneight
8/8/2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing if one of my kids were to make it to the college level. If you guys think I can get nasty now, just try telling me my son tackles like a girl sometime. :D

:les: THEN TELL 'EM THIS AIN'T INTRAMURALS, TACKLE!!!

achiro
8/8/2007, 01:52 PM
I read it if I want to have a good laugh," said one Big 12 player. "Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they're showing their opinions, but at the end of the day, they don't know what's going on
and the reality is that many posters know at least as much as most of the commentators and writers that get paid for their opinions. AND just because you are a players doesn't realy mean that you know any more about another team, especially one you haven't played, than anyone else with an opinion.