PDA

View Full Version : Jamaal Brown Injured

okienole3
8/7/2007, 12:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2964457

Saints' Brown hurt in practice with apparent knee injury
ESPN.com news services

Updated: August 7, 2007, 12:14 PM ET

JACKSON, Miss. -- New Orleans Saints starting left tackle Jammal Brown was injured in practice Tuesday and was carted off the field. Trainers appeared to be examining his right knee.

The injury occurred during a contact drill during practice. The Saints had originally been scheduled to do a walk-through Tuesday, but Saints coach Sean Payton was unhappy with their play on Sunday night.

Brown stayed down for about 20 minutes before being taken off the field in a cart.

No details on the injury were immediately available. Payton was expected to talk to reporters later Tuesday.

Brown was drafted in the first round out of Oklahoma, 13th overall, in 2005. He started at right tackle as a rookie and was moved to left tackle last season, when he was selected for the Pro Bowl.

Brown was part of an offensive line that allowed only 23 sacks in 2006, fourth lowest in the league. Coming into training camp, all five starters were expected to be back for the 2007 season.

Let's hope it's not serious.

The Maestro
8/7/2007, 01:24 PM
Man, it is starting to get a little strange about OU players injuries in the NFL. Not blaming anyone...just odd how often it happens.

boomersooner28
8/7/2007, 02:03 PM
Man, it is starting to get a little strange about OU players injuries in the NFL. Not blaming anyone...just odd how often it happens.

Comparable to the Dukies that get hurt while playing in the NBA. Weird.

Rogue
8/7/2007, 05:00 PM
PTI guys say this is doom and gloom for the NO offense. I agree.

SoonerInFla
8/7/2007, 05:26 PM
I work in an area where we get the New Orleans News on TV. On the Sports the guy said they just got word it's only a bone bruise with swelling around the knee.

Scott D
8/7/2007, 06:19 PM
PTI guys don't know jack about bone bruises ;)

IronSooner
8/7/2007, 06:48 PM
I work in an area where we get the New Orleans News on TV. On the Sports the guy said they just got word it's only a bone bruise with swelling around the knee.

NFL Live just reported the same thing, and said he'd basically be day-to-day. Here's hoping.