PDA

View Full Version : Panama

Petro-Sooner
8/7/2007, 12:03 PM
Sorry if its already been posted. I didnt see it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20160745/?GT1=10252

:hot: :hot:

jk the sooner fan
8/7/2007, 12:04 PM
i'll believe it when i see it

Scott D
8/7/2007, 12:06 PM
old news....was announced right about the time Eddie went into rehab, and lo and behold ended up being the two no longer in VH members (Sammy and Mike) being the representatives for VH being inducted into the RnR HoF.

provided they pull it off, I give them 10 shows before Eddie has some sort of breakdown and fires the only one in the group whose name doesn't end in Van Halen.

royalfan5
8/7/2007, 12:08 PM
Why would I want to see them play without the secret weapon?

Turd_Ferguson
8/7/2007, 12:17 PM
Only been to about 5 concerts in my life. The best by far was VH in 1984 at the Myriad, it RMFO. I'd give a weeks paycheck to see the originals together again.

Tear Down This Wall
8/7/2007, 12:24 PM
I saw Van Halen in 1984 and 1988. The 1984 show was better. But, I won't go see this circus. DLR is a balding, old cartoon of himself. Eddie is an angry drunk with part of his tongue cut out due to cancer, and a replaced hip.

And worst of all...

...Michael Anthony won't be playing bass during the tour.

Seeing Van Halen without Michael Anthony would be like seeing The Who without John Entwhistle. Anthony's backing vocals were a key part of the original Van Halen sound.

Why can't Eddie ever just mend fences with everybody at once? Answer: He's a penis.

OUDoc
8/7/2007, 12:43 PM
I'll go if they tour, but I'd bet money DLR will break a hip or throw out his back at some point.

bluedogok
8/7/2007, 12:47 PM
Only been to about 5 concerts in my life. The best by far was VH in 1984 at the Myriad, it RMFO. I'd give a weeks paycheck to see the originals together again.
That was the worst VH show that I had seen, they were much better in the previous tours. I had the same 5th row seats both nights, you could tell they were having issues at that time. I sold my tickets for the second night.

It does seem like Eddie is the jerk of the bunch and can't get along with anyone. It seems like everyone else is amenable and would be willing to do something, even Sammy has said that a VH combo tour with him and DLR would be a blast and they would be willing to do it but there is one person blocking that from happening it seems.

Tear Down This Wall
8/7/2007, 12:53 PM
Granted, it would be hard to get alng with David Lee Roth. But, Eddie's had issues with Sammy Hagar. Is there a more laid back dude on the planet than Sammy?

Turd_Ferguson
8/7/2007, 01:08 PM
That was the worst VH show that I had seen, they were much better in the previous tours. I had the same 5th row seats both nights, you could tell they were having issues at that time. I sold my tickets for the second night.

It does seem like Eddie is the jerk of the bunch and can't get along with anyone. It seems like everyone else is amenable and would be willing to do something, even Sammy has said that a VH combo tour with him and DLR would be a blast and they would be willing to do it but there is one person blocking that from happening it seems.
I was 17 when I was at that concert. Still, it was the best one I've seen. Probably the nostalgia is what makes me think it was so good.

bluedogok
8/7/2007, 01:12 PM
I have seen worse from others, but among the VH concerts it was the worst of the five that I have seen. I worked at Sound Warehouse at the time, we went to every concert that came through town.

Taxman71
8/7/2007, 01:23 PM
VH without Anthony on bass does sound a little gimmicky. I would still pay a nice sum to see them with DLR though. Me thinks Eddie would have a hard time kicking his boy out of the band even for Michael Anthony....Valerie may, and likely could, kick his arse.

Turd_Ferguson
8/7/2007, 01:39 PM
I have seen worse from others, but among the VH concerts it was the worst of the five that I have seen. I worked at Sound Warehouse at the time, we went to every concert that came through town.

About 81-82, David Frazell, Shelly West - Ronny Milsap. 1984 I think, Billy Squier and Molly Hatchet...hell yeah:D

colleyvillesooner
8/7/2007, 01:42 PM
Won't make it passed show 10.

Taxman71
8/7/2007, 01:43 PM
Triumph and Foghat - 1981?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/7/2007, 03:46 PM
About 81-82, David Frazell, Shelly West - Ronny Milsap. 1984 I think, Billy Squier and Molly Hatchet...hell yeah:DWas that the Millsap concert the one where Reba got booed off the stage?

I would seriously consider seeing VH in concert. Unfortunately, back in their heyday my parents weren't big VH fans and I was only 10.

Turd_Ferguson
8/7/2007, 04:09 PM
Was that the Millsap concert the one where Reba got booed off the stage?

I would seriously consider seeing VH in concert. Unfortunately, back in their heyday my parents weren't big VH fans and I was only 10. No, Reba was still wet behind the ears at that concert. It was the one that Ronny Milsap came out and during the first song was yelling across his piano at the guitar player. I have no idea what the problem was, but after the song, he stood up and said "welcome to vampire music, then turned to the guitar player and said, that sucked"!

IronSooner
8/7/2007, 05:09 PM
I saw them a couple years ago when they toured with Sammy. With Michael Anthony. They put on a good show, but the crowd here sucked.

Also saw the Dave & Sammy show a few years back...Sammy rocked out, having Anthony play with him was pretty cool, and DLR did look like a caricature of his old self. Reminded me of that guy at the end of Indiana Jones 3 who chooses poorly and ages to death in a minute. I just felt sorry for the guy.

Call me crazy, I just like Sammy more. Guy puts on a great show and is just plain fun to watch perform.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/7/2007, 05:24 PM
I saw them a couple years ago when they toured with Sammy. With Michael Anthony. They put on a good show, but the crowd here sucked.

Also saw the Dave & Sammy show a few years back...Sammy rocked out, having Anthony play with him was pretty cool, and DLR did look like a caricature of his old self. Reminded me of that guy at the end of Indiana Jones 3 who chooses poorly and ages to death in a minute. I just felt sorry for the guy.

Call me crazy, I just like Sammy more. Guy puts on a great show and is just plain fun to watch perform.While I do love some VanHagar, I really like the 1984/Roth stuff better. Nostalgia I guess.

bluedogok
8/7/2007, 05:29 PM
I always like both Sammy Hagar solo and Van Halen before, I thought they were great together. DLR got tiresome towards the end, I think failing at pretty much everything since has humbled him some.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/7/2007, 06:09 PM
Would you consider Gary Cherone to be the Howard *************** of rock group lead singers? Because Cherone was a bad fit with VH from the beginning.

bluedogok
8/7/2007, 06:20 PM
He was good with Extreme and really the VH-III music isn't that bad....it just isn't anywhere near that of DLR or Sammy. After those two, it had to be exceptional to be accepted like Sammy was after Dave. Which VH-III wasn't, it was decent for an average band.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/7/2007, 06:22 PM
He was good with Extreme and really the VH-III music isn't that bad....it just isn't anywhere near that of DLR or Sammy. After those two, it had to be exceptional to be accepted like Sammy was after Dave. Which VH-III wasn't, it was decent for an average band.
So Cherone would be more like the Frank Solich of rock group lead singers then?

Dio
8/7/2007, 06:23 PM
I didn't get to see the 84 tour (thanks, Mom :mad: ), but I saw both Van Hagar and DLR (w/ Vai, Sheehan and Bissonette) in 86, and both those shows kicked major ***. I'm more of a fan of early Van Halen, but I have to agree w/ IronSooner re: the Sammy and Dave tour a few years back- Sammy has aged much better than Dave has.

bluedogok
8/7/2007, 06:24 PM
So Cherone would be more like the Frank Solich of rock group lead singers then?
Nah, the Howard The Drunk analogy is better, they lasted about the same length of time. Solich was a long term guy compared to them.

Tear Down This Wall
8/8/2007, 01:09 PM
I didn't get to see the 84 tour (thanks, Mom :mad: ), but I saw both Van Hagar and DLR (w/ Vai, Sheehan and Bissonette) in 86, and both those shows kicked major ***. I'm more of a fan of early Van Halen, but I have to agree w/ IronSooner re: the Sammy and Dave tour a few years back- Sammy has aged much better than Dave has.

Dude, I saw that David Lee Roth tour in 1986. Reunion Arena in Dallas. Cinderella opened. DRL was okay, but watching Sheehan and Vai was beyond belief. Those guys were amazing together. That Eat 'Em And Smile album really is very good musically. I used to listen to Elephant Gun over and over again.

Also, I don't know how it was when you saw them, but in Dallas they played like five songs from Van Halen I. When they started in on Atomic Punk, I thought I'd jump through the roof. Vai was perfect. If you closed your eyes, you would've thought you were listening to Eddie play it.

Great show.

I feel embarassed for Dave now. All albums since Eat 'Em have sucked. He just sucks now. Caveat: I did like the song Me Wise Magic on the VH Greatest Hits album in, what, 1997? Good classic VH sound with Michael's backing vocals during the chorus.

Boarder
8/8/2007, 01:29 PM
I loved the DLR show with Vai because they played Ice Cream Man.

KC//CRIMSON
8/8/2007, 04:08 PM
Saw DLR show with Vai and Sheehan in Tulsa. It was so ******* loud you could barely tell one song from another.

Taxman71
8/9/2007, 09:04 AM
Eat 'Em and Smile was a great record. Saw DLR with Poison at the Myriad on the Skyscraper tour. DLR forgot the words to California Girls while swinging through the air.

Bottom line, the original VH (with Michael Anthony) would be worth a large ticket price if they actually pretended to get along. I am afraid it will look obvious that they only got together for the cash and still hate each other. Heck, even the Police have been at each other since about their 2nd show.

Phil
8/9/2007, 09:19 AM
Geez, man, DLR was an oooold man in, like, 1989. I saw him at the Lloyd Noble on one of his solo tours - had good seats right up front. Even then he looked old, losing his hair, and caked with more makeup than Tammy Faye (R.I.P.)

StuIsTheMan
8/9/2007, 11:47 AM
http://www.geocities.com/scamjokepage/DavidLeeRoth.jpg
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2005/news/050801a/tfaye2.jpg

:pop: