PDA

View Full Version : SoonerFans.com 2007 Tailgate Announcement!!

Phil
8/7/2007, 10:38 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/tailgate/2007tailgate.html

Get thee to thy e-mail and/or browser and e-mail and/or PEEM Dean with thy entreaties to be allowed to join the ranks of those with parking passes and the hallowed ranks of tailgate sponsorizers.

BigDeezy
8/7/2007, 09:54 PM
HOORAY! I've been waiting to see this announcement. This was great fun last year, and looking forward to it again.

setem
8/8/2007, 12:31 AM
I'm in!

Put me down for one of those parking spots!!!

SPREAD IT ON!!

German Corner
8/15/2007, 10:44 AM
Off the subject but pertaining to tailgating...

Does anyone know why the texas tech website shows the kickoff in lubbock is 1pm and Oklahoma's doesn't?

Phil
8/15/2007, 10:48 AM
Because they're Sand Aggies and don't know any better? Nobody's going to know kick times until a week or two before the game because of TV.

Phantasm
8/15/2007, 09:13 PM
Tailgating at away games?

setem
8/18/2007, 12:44 AM
where has Dean been I sent the money but he no respondo!

I think I got *****!

Phil
8/18/2007, 03:32 AM
Dean's a busy guy. Fear not. We have to put the passes together - they're nice laminated things, you know. And try not to use words like that, eh?

setem
8/20/2007, 07:43 PM
I am trying to get a keg of Shiner together for all home games. I will be putting in the most money on it so I get the say in what goes on with it. I am going to bring it by the TG for a while so we there will be fun and free beer for all!

Phil
8/20/2007, 09:26 PM
Well, there is always free beer, but more free beer is always better.

Will
8/22/2007, 07:54 PM
What is this laminated passes and such for...

Phil
8/22/2007, 08:10 PM
What is this laminated passes and such for...

Tailgate parking passes.

BigDeezy
8/24/2007, 08:32 PM
Are they going to mail the laminated pass or hand them out? I can't remember what they did last year for the first game, but I am going to be out of town next week, and driving straight to the game on Saturday without coming home first, so I will not have it with me unless it arrives here in the mail by Monday.

Phil
8/24/2007, 10:28 PM
I don't know - you'll have to ask Dean. Were I guessing, I'd say you'd just pick it up on game day, but I don't remember how we did it last year, either.

C&CDean
8/27/2007, 09:12 AM
The laminated parking passes have been mailed to the folks who've pre-paid for their parking. If anyone else wants to park there on game day it'll be first-come first-served and it's $20.

For those interested in more tailgate info, I'll cut and paste some stuff from the tailgate thread on the South Oval:

-To all, please feel free to bring any dish/dessert/drink/etc. you'd like to share. This goes for all the tailgates.

As per previous years, the first tailgate of the year will be traditional tailgate fare. Burgers, dogs, sausage wraps, killer tater salad, beans, etc. Please feel free to bring anything you'd like that goes along with that menu.

The second game (Miami) is a breakfast tailgate. Soonerboarder is the sponsor, and he is preparing a breakfast burrito bar. There'll be eggs, sausages, smoked sausages, maybe some pulled pork or brisket, and the allsome peppered bacon we brought last year. If you wanna bring stuff like donuts/pastries that'd be cool.

The Utah St. game menu is undecided. I am more than likely going to be elk hunting in Colorado. No RV, however, the awnings/food/drinks/parking/etc. will still go on. The Tailgate Nazi (Mrs. C&CDean) will be there to whip y'all into shape. If I kill an elk and a deer (I got drawn for mule deer too this year) before the weekend I'll be home and the tailgate will be a normal one. Or, there's an outside chance that work will keep me out of the mountains too.

We're still looking for a tailgate sponsor for the Tulsa game. We'd like to put on the same dealio up there as we do for the home games. Only it's gonna cost a hunnert or two extra due to fuel. It's the same price to sponsor ($300) though.

Anyhow, most of the parking spots are taken. If you asked for one - but haven't sent a check, it's gonna be first come first served. If you're still interested, send me a peem.

The tailgates are for everyone.

-If you're offended by folks drinking a beer then it's probably not for you. However, we do maintain fairly strict crowd control since there are lots of chillrens running about, so, if you feel the need to become a slobbering, puking, fighting, cussing, pathetic drunken mistake who can't hold their likker then our tailgate probably isn't for you either.

soonermagicgirl
8/28/2007, 02:23 PM
Great to be back guys!! Can't wait for Saturday. Had fun at last years Tailgating!

My husband and I will definately be there.. And if anyone has extra tickets I am interested in purchasing 2.

BOOMER SOONER!!

Emily

NormanPride
8/28/2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah, if tickets are available at the tailgate like normal, we'll be shopping there as well.

BigDeezy
8/28/2007, 10:00 PM
Dean, I received my parking pass before I left on my trip. Thanks!! See you Saturday.

soonermagicgirl
8/30/2007, 12:05 PM
Great to be back guys!! Can't wait for Saturday. Had fun at last years Tailgating!

My husband and I will definately be there.. And if anyone has extra tickets I am interested in purchasing 2.

BOOMER SOONER!!

Emily

It seemed like all the times we went there was always tons of food left over. So my husband and I have decided to not bring a dish but contribute to the fund instead. That way it can at least pay for what was already bought!:D

C&CDean
8/30/2007, 12:47 PM
It seemed like all the times we went there was always tons of food left over. So my husband and I have decided to not bring a dish but contribute to the fund instead. That way it can at least pay for what was already bought!:D

$$ in the jar is always appreciated.

colleyvillesooner
8/30/2007, 01:59 PM
There's a few tickets available through the school that UNT returned...

http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AATH%3AF07%3AF01%3A&linkID=ou&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

stonecoldsoonerfan
8/30/2007, 02:55 PM
...so, if you feel the need to become a slobbering, puking, fighting, cussing, pathetic drunken mistake who can't hold their likker then our tailgate probably isn't for you either.

does that mean that you won't be attending the tailgates this year? ;) :D

C&CDean
8/31/2007, 02:20 PM
does that mean that you won't be attending the tailgates this year? ;) :D

I'll be there in spirit....

SteelClip49
8/31/2007, 03:47 PM
are Red Spek'd members allowed at the tailgate? If so is there anything that has to be done before showing up?

olevetonahill
8/31/2007, 10:55 PM
I'll be there in spirits....
Righton Bro

UNSeeN_
9/4/2007, 02:49 PM
I wanna know which tailgate spot the Sooner Girls are going to be congregating at the most! I'll be in town for the Miami game, so I'm excited.

Mala
below tha surface

C&CDean
9/4/2007, 03:28 PM
I wanna know which tailgate spot the Sooner Girls are going to be congregating at the most! I'll be in town for the Miami game, so I'm excited.

Mala
below tha surface

Not at ours. We're all pretty much sweaty dudes who've had way too much pie to eat. Well except for the Sooner Girls.

RacerX
9/4/2007, 08:39 PM
Get lost.

OU4LIFE
9/7/2007, 11:19 AM
easy there Racer...just calm down....no need to go all ninja...

RacerX
9/11/2007, 12:05 AM
SPIDER MONKEY!!!!

dolemitesooner
9/13/2007, 10:22 AM
Lisa asked me to post this since Dean is away.

The menu for this week's Utah state Tailgate is
Sloppy Joe sandwiches
Frito BBQ Pies with fixin's
Coleslaw
Baked Beans
Potatoe Salad - the famous tator salad provide by Walt who brought it the last time

Soonerus is Sponsering this tailgate.

dolemitesooner
9/13/2007, 10:23 AM
Tailgate will begin at 10:30am

soonerboy_odanorth
9/13/2007, 12:18 PM
Say hey! Where did all you monkeys disappear to on Saturday... The girl and I went to campus corner to finish up some shopping, probably gone no more than 45 minutes, we come back and there's not a soul left.... :(

And now... *sniff*... now we may not... *sniff*... get to see you guys again this year....

(Unlessen ya comes up to Iowegan State. Hope to see you there! :D)

soonermagicgirl
9/13/2007, 02:20 PM
I think I will bring a cheesecake platter this time for dessert.

r5TPsooner
9/13/2007, 02:25 PM
I think I will bring a cheesecake platter this time for dessert.

:)

German Corner
9/14/2007, 07:12 AM
For the Tulsa game I'm going to get a prime location but needs to neighbor with fans who have the satellite happnin.

So if anyone's coming to Tulsa but needs a good spot reserved, please contact me.

Go Sooners!

soonermagicgirl
9/15/2007, 08:35 AM
after much debate I will be bring a cherry pie and a cheesecake platter...

SelmaBamaFan
9/15/2007, 09:20 AM
soonermagicgirl is going to make my day! :D

AZSOONER
9/17/2007, 10:09 AM
It was great visiting with you guys saturday. My wife had a good time, she said it was just as I said it would be, good food, nice people and beer. Makes me wish I lived there so I could tailgate everyweek, but once a year will have to do. Thanks.

Soonerus
9/20/2007, 09:18 PM
Lisa asked me to post this since Dean is away.

The menu for this week's Utah state Tailgate is
Sloppy Joe sandwiches
Frito BBQ Pies with fixin's
Coleslaw
Baked Beans
Potatoe Salad - the famous tator salad provide by Walt who brought it the last time

Soonerus is Sponsering this tailgate.

Did I sponsor Utah State and not even know it...crap I would have tried to be there....oh wait I was in Tulsa so I could not make it regardless..

C&CDean
9/21/2007, 09:17 AM
Did I sponsor Utah State and not even know it...crap I would have tried to be there....oh wait I was in Tulsa so I could not make it regardless..

You did. We had really cool sponsor signs too. Maybe somebody has a pic? Anyhow, it was a very good tailgate. We thank the founder of our feast.