PDA

View Full Version : WOW. Methinks this is gonna leave a mark.....

Salt City Sooner
8/6/2007, 12:39 PM
Hope this guy had, oh, about 6 bottles of Exedrin handy.... :eek:

http://www.break.com/index/incredibly-hard-football-hit.html

sooner518
8/6/2007, 12:44 PM
umm ouch.

thats a textbook example of leading with the crown of your helmet

soonerspudman
8/6/2007, 12:54 PM
Total cheap shot, totally illegal, especially at that level. Should have been 15plus ejection.

colleyvillesooner
8/6/2007, 12:57 PM
yep

SOONER STEAKER
8/6/2007, 01:00 PM
That's what happens when you get in the cross-haires of a kamakazi defensive back. HE LOWERZED THE BOOOOOOOOOOM

AZSOONER
8/6/2007, 01:56 PM
The guys own team didn't even stick around, they went back to the huddle.

KantoSooner
8/6/2007, 07:49 PM
I think it was the GI Joe type spasmodic autonomic movement of his arms as he lay on the field that really did it for me. Central nervous system in complete overload/shutdown mode.
I wonder when he woke up.

Williesan
8/6/2007, 08:52 PM
I like hard hits, but that was a very dangerous hit... Two points to make here:

1. The guy who delivered the hit led with the top of his helmet, meaning his head was down when he made contact. Not only is that illegal (leading with the helmet a.k.a. "spearing" - 15yd any level), it can paralyize a player delivering the hit (google "Chucky Mullins").

2. It was a head shot on the receiver in a defenseless position. He barely had time to get his head around to see the hit coming, much less make the catch before the hit was delivered. Head shots are dangerous simply because nothing good comes of them - concussions, PCS, spinal damage, the list goes on. It's why you see large fines in the NFL for these type of hits. At lower levels, there's not a deterrant keeping a player from doing this apart from suspensions.

If the defender would have put the shoulder pads into the ribs or stomach, I wouldn't have batted an eye. However... based on my opinions above, the hitter would have been gone from the game.

Williesan

Osce0la
8/7/2007, 09:58 AM
ugh...2 different forums have this hit posted, from 2 different websites, and I can't get either of them to work...Break.com is blocked at work, and whatever site the other one was on doesn't want to play the video while I am at work...

zeke
8/7/2007, 03:45 PM
ouch...I hope he is OK

8910arecoming
8/8/2007, 11:44 AM
I like hard hits, but that was a very dangerous hit... Two points to make here:

1. The guy who delivered the hit led with the top of his helmet, meaning his head was down when he made contact. Not only is that illegal (leading with the helmet a.k.a. "spearing" - 15yd any level), it can paralyize a player delivering the hit (google "Chucky Mullins").

2. It was a head shot on the receiver in a defenseless position. He barely had time to get his head around to see the hit coming, much less make the catch before the hit was delivered. Head shots are dangerous simply because nothing good comes of them - concussions, PCS, spinal damage, the list goes on. It's why you see large fines in the NFL for these type of hits. At lower levels, there's not a deterrant keeping a player from doing this apart from suspensions.

If the defender would have put the shoulder pads into the ribs or stomach, I wouldn't have batted an eye. However... based on my opinions above, the hitter would have been gone from the game.

Williesan

At a glance it appears as if he spears him, but this is a very legal hard hit with his right shoulder, not his helmet.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/8/2007, 12:07 PM
that looked like helmet to helmet contact. I'm surprised no flag...

AZSOONER
8/8/2007, 04:01 PM
To me it looked like he used his shoulder also.