PDA

View Full Version : I guess gas prices are just too dang low...

OklahomaTuba
8/6/2007, 09:06 AM
Thank goodness for the dims in congress. With their new tax on oil and gas, we can finally get those gas prices up.

I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to $4.00 gallon gas myself.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Declaring a new direction in energy policy, the House on Saturday approved $16 billion in taxes on oil companies, while providing billions of dollars in tax breaks and incentives for renewable energy and conservation efforts.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070805/D8QQNQM00.html

GrapevineSooner
8/6/2007, 09:37 AM
As if oil companies aren't taxed enough.

You know, everytime a story comes out about how Exxon/Mobil or some other mega oil corporation made a record profit, I wish they included the amount of taxes that corporation had to pay.

Public demand, and nothing but public demand will spur renewable energy growth. If such a growth is ever to occur.

OUDoc
8/6/2007, 09:47 AM
But with record profits come record taxes. The same with my income.

Howzit
8/6/2007, 09:50 AM

Yep. I topped 20 grandarooney last year, and boy howdy was I shocked.

Norm In Norman
I just shed a tear for oil companies because I feel so ****ing sorry that they have to pay taxes.

Mjcpr

Yep. I'd gladly play whatever they're paying if I, too, could pull in $80 billion or whatever to my bottom line.

Norm In Norman
8/6/2007, 09:51 AM
Yep. I topped and 20 grandarooney last year, and boy howdy was I shocked.
Is this some form of english? Maybe an old people dialect I'm unaware of?

Howzit
8/6/2007, 09:52 AM
Go back in your hole.

:mad:

;)

Norm In Norman
8/6/2007, 09:54 AM
It rubs the lotion on it's skin...

Howzit
8/6/2007, 10:01 AM
You big tease.

1stTimeCaller
8/6/2007, 10:02 AM
I just shed a tear for oil companies because I fell so ****ing sorry that they have to pay taxes.
corporations don't pay taxes, people do.

That tax will get passed on to the consumer.

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 10:12 AM
You know, everytime a story comes out about how Exxon/Mobil or some other mega oil corporation made a record profit, I wish they included the amount of taxes that corporation had to pay.

Yeah, I'm amazed they don't just give the stuff away to avoid having to pay taxes altogether. Who wants to earn a brazillion dollars a year if it just means you have to pay more taxes? Screw that. I'm glad I'm not rich.

Public demand, and nothing but public demand will spur renewable energy growth. If such a growth is ever to occur.

That's not going to happen until gas prices are too high. If you've been to a lake recently, you'll know that gas prices are obviously not too high.

Hamhock
8/6/2007, 10:12 AM

word to your momma

Petro-Sooner
8/6/2007, 10:20 AM
I just wanted to get in on an oil thread.

:texan:

1stTimeCaller
8/6/2007, 10:24 AM
If you've been to a lake recently, you'll know that gas prices are obviously not too high.

or quite possibly folks don't mind saving more in order to go to the lake to enjoy themselves.

OklahomaTuba
8/6/2007, 10:33 AM
That's not going to happen until gas prices are too high.

So why is it the governments job to make sure gas prices are too high for people????

And I thought libz cared about poor people. Guess that's not truly the case anymore.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/6/2007, 10:39 AM
I just shed a tear for oil companies because I feel so ****ing sorry that they have to pay taxes.Cool. We the public are paying those taxes, ya know?(I would prefer they not have to pay more and more in taxes, as it just raises the price of gasoline)

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 10:39 AM
So why is it the governments job to make sure gas prices are too high for people????

Because we're apparently too ****ing stupid to realize on our own that we need to wean ourselves off of the oil economy.

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 10:46 AM
or quite possibly folks don't mind saving more in order to go to the lake to enjoy themselves.

Yeah, I'm sure that's it, seeing as how people are so fiscally responsible and everything. :D

OklahomaTuba
8/6/2007, 10:49 AM
Because we're apparently too ****ing stupid to realize on our own that we need to wean ourselves off of the oil economy.

Ok, so what would we use instead of hydrocarbons???

The answer should be rather easy, considering there isn't one.

Norm In Norman
8/6/2007, 10:50 AM
You know guys, I have a business degree and from that I have a vague understanding on how economics work. I was just making a snotty comment about ...

As if oil companies aren't taxed enough.

...because it sounded as if I was supposed to feel sorry for the oil companies. man, nobody gets my humor anymore.

8/6/2007, 11:03 AM
You know guys, I have a business degree and from that I have a vague understanding on how economics work. I was just making a snotty comment about ...

...because it sounded as if I was supposed to feel sorry for the oil companies. man, nobody gets my humor anymore.You came across as an emotional, class-envy driven lib, with the first comment. Some of us wanted to set you straight, JUST IN CASE you weren't joking.

soonerinabilene
8/6/2007, 11:54 AM
Ok, so what would we use instead of hydrocarbons???

You know what I have wondered for the last few years? We can put a man in space. We can make a pill that will fix a guy's penis. We can have a planes that fly themselves. Why the heck can we not make a car that runs on freakin water???

Mjcpr
8/6/2007, 11:55 AM
You came across as an emotional, class-envy driven lib, with the first comment. Some of us wanted to set you straight, JUST IN CASE you weren't joking.

Norm, how could you not find time to visit the SO more often?

:rolleyes:

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 12:16 PM

And there won't be as long as we have the oil lobby around...and what is it you do again?

Why don't we have more wind and solar power? Political instability in the Middle East doesn't effect the wind speed in Oklahoma one bit.

If people knew what oil really costs, we'd be on a far different path right now. For starters, let's include the cost of maintaining a military presence in the the Middle East for the past 50 years along with all the consequences thereof. It will be a lot more than $3/gallon that everybody whines about now. If it wasn't for oil, the Middle East would be nothing but a wasteland of camel herders and date farmers. Or maybe not, but it wouldn't matter because we wouldn't need to have anything to do with the place. It would be like Africa...who gives a ****? Except that now we're getting more and more oil from Africa, and guess what? We just created a new African Command as a recognition of Africa's "increasing strategic importance", i.e. we found oil there.

Hey, I know--let's put a pie chart at every gas station that shows where all the money goes. I'd like to know how much funding I'm giving to Al Queda when I fill up.

bluedogok
8/6/2007, 12:26 PM

And I thought libz cared about poor people. Guess that's not truly the case anymore.
Well, that way they can make car ownership too expensive for poor people and force them to use public transportation which is the "solution" to all of the evils of the car....at least in their minds it works that way. They don't consider that people will just drive without insurance to save money before they take the bus because in most cities south and west of Chicago the public transportation systems are a joke.

crawfish
8/6/2007, 12:31 PM
Yep. I topped 20 grandarooney last year, and boy howdy was I shocked.

Gubmint do take a bite, don't she? :texan:

Rhino
8/6/2007, 12:49 PM
You came across as an emotional, class-envy driven lib, with the first comment. Some of us wanted to set you straight, JUST IN CASE you weren't joking. Not that this is a significant relevation, but man...you are really dumb.

85Sooner
8/6/2007, 12:51 PM

Ah finally someone who knows how it works.

SoonerJack
8/6/2007, 12:54 PM
The thing that amazes me is that there has been no push to reduce the speed limit back to 55 or 60 or something like that. That seems to be a no brainer.

And I still get ****ed everytime I see some "small business owner" tooling around in a Hummer for the tax credit.

Hamhock
8/6/2007, 12:57 PM
And I still get ****ed everytime I see some "small business owner" tooling around in a Hummer for the tax credit.

there is a tax credit for Hummers? :texan:

TheHumanAlphabet
8/6/2007, 12:58 PM
Case in point how WE DON"T want the gubment controlling more taxes and money...You know that bridge that fell down...You know the taxes collected on gasoline (fed and state)? Those taxes are supposed to pay for infrastructure repairs and new construction. Want to bet where that went? The general treasurery...meaning the yahoos in each state capital and in Washington D.C. diverted the money from the intended purposes...

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 01:09 PM
The thing that amazes me is that there has been no push to reduce the speed limit back to 55 or 60 or something like that. That seems to be a no brainer.

But we have longer DST now...that's all the energy we'll ever need to save.

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 01:10 PM
Case in point how WE DON"T want the gubment controlling more taxes and money...You know that bridge that fell down...You know the taxes collected on gasoline (fed and state)? Those taxes are supposed to pay for infrastructure repairs and new construction. Want to bet where that went? The general treasurery...meaning the yahoos in each state capital and in Washington D.C. diverted the money from the intended purposes...

How exactly are the bridges and roads supposed to be fixed, then?

1stTimeCaller
8/6/2007, 01:14 PM
spend the money already allocated for that purpose on that purpose.

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 01:17 PM
spend the money already allocated for that purpose on that purpose.

THA seemed to be saying that we can't trust money in the hands of the government (nobody can disagree with that), but there's lots of stuff that won't get done if the government doesn't do it.

bluedogok
8/6/2007, 01:35 PM
The savings is very negligble with the way cars are made now. Back in the days when almost all cars had carbs they couldn't meter the combustion fuel as efficiently, it made more sense now with fuel injection in most vehicles it doesn't.

8/6/2007, 02:31 PM
Not that this is a significant relevation, but man...you are really dumb.Thanks for the name-calling, mod. Several other people gave the same critique of Norm's liberal outburst, even though he gave it it in jest. What makes mine more stupid than theirs, IYO? Is it OK for mods to name-call?

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the name-calling, mod.

He didn't call you a name. If he'd said, "you really are a dumbass", or possibly "way to go, ****-for-brains", that would be name-calling. Notice the indefinite article after the linking verb in the first case, and the direct address in the second case. I think that's the distinction the mods are looking for.

:twinkies:

8/6/2007, 02:51 PM
He didn't call you a name. If he'd said, "you really are a dumbass", or possibly "way to go, ****-for-brains", that would be name-calling. Notice the indefinite article after the linking verb in the first case, and the direct address in the second case. I think that's the distinction the mods are looking for.

:twinkies:He, or you, and perhaps most of the other left-leaners on the board should be proud!

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 02:57 PM
He, or you, and perhaps most of the other left-leaners on the board should be proud!

Oh no! Somebody I've never met said something mean about me on the innerweb even though I continually engage in activities that I know will get mean things said me!

Sack up or sign off. It's not real life, man.

8/6/2007, 03:03 PM
Oh no! Somebody I've never met said something mean about me on the innerweb even though I continually engage in activities that I know will get mean things said me!

Sack up or sign off. It's not real life, man.I was a bit surprised that a mod would say something like that, even one that has leftist leanings.

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 03:08 PM
I was a bit surprised that a mod would say something like that, even one that has leftist leanings.

:rolleyes:

Doctor, I get a shooting pain every time I stab myself in the leg with a fork. What can I do about that?

1stTimeCaller
8/6/2007, 03:21 PM
I have no idea what's going on.

Rhino
8/6/2007, 03:23 PM
You're being dumb again, RLIMC.

Dumb = namecalling an admin.

You came across as an emotional, class-envy driven lib, with the first comment. Some of us wanted to set you straight, JUST IN CASE you weren't joking. Not only any admin, but an admin that averages about 100 silly posts to every serious post. An admin that, if you've ever read anything he's ever posted, you know when he's being serious.

I'm not a mod in the South Oval. If one of the SO mods somehow see what I said as name-calling and/or untrue, then they'll remove it. But if they say my post needs to be removed, then they're going to say you need a few days of vacation from this place.

LosAngelesSooner
8/6/2007, 03:23 PM
Not that this is a significant relevation, but man...you are really dumb.
*snicker*

Hatfield
8/6/2007, 04:11 PM
I was a bit surprised that a mod would say something like that, even one that has leftist leanings.

you never read a post by dean?

Harry Beanbag
8/6/2007, 04:47 PM
You're being dumb again, RLIMC.

Dumb = namecalling an admin.
Not only any admin, but an admin that averages about 100 silly posts to every serious post. An admin that, if you've ever read anything he's ever posted, you know when he's being serious.

I'm not a mod in the South Oval. If one of the SO mods somehow see what I said as name-calling and/or untrue, then they'll remove it. But if they say my post needs to be removed, then they're going to say you need a few days of vacation from this place.

Is calling someone a lib considered namecalling? Just want to make sure.

Harry Beanbag
8/6/2007, 04:49 PM
there is a tax credit for Hummers? :texan:

I really need to explain that to my wife. :texan:

Jerk
8/6/2007, 05:04 PM
Bush will veto this faster than a truck driver on a hooker

Jerk
8/6/2007, 05:10 PM
You guys are smart enough to realize that this will drive the price of EVERYTHING up, aren't you?

The cost of everything shipped by truck, train, or plane will go UP.

What do you buy that is not shipped?

OCUDad
8/6/2007, 05:18 PM
What do you buy that is not shipped?See "Hummers" above. :D

Jerk
8/6/2007, 05:21 PM
See "Hummers" above. :D

I'm surprised they haven't figured out how to tax blowjobs.

1stTimeCaller
8/6/2007, 06:05 PM
in most states they are illegal or they probably would. ;)

soonerboomer93
8/6/2007, 06:23 PM
It's $6.00ish a gallon over here

y'all ****ing quit bitchin and buy cars with better fuel economy, not every one needs a hummer/suv/truck

8/6/2007, 06:44 PM
It's $6.00ish a gallon over here

Then, your local gasoline providers certainly need to have their taxes raised!

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 06:51 PM

Why are you unwilling to pay the true cost for gasoline? Are you a liberal freeloader?

soonerboomer93
8/6/2007, 07:11 PM

there's some of this who have no problem at all with high gas prices and lots of profit for oil...

i'm one of them...

trwxxa
8/6/2007, 07:56 PM
Is there an oil industry know it all that can explain how this repeal is going to raise my gas price? It seems to me that the market dictates the price all the way from the ground to the pump. The repeal will just make it more expensive to explore and produce, thereby reducing the incentive to look for oil in some of the more god forsaken places.

I do understand that the companies that have downstream operations will be able to raise the price of the end products on plastics and chemicals and such, but I do not know how big of an impact that is.

The one thing I do know is that most of the renewable projects will be built in Republican districts. I don't think Pelosi will allow a biofuel plant or a wind turbine in her district. The Taxachusetts delegation already put the ka-bosh on a proposed turbine farm off of Cape Cod.

Harry Beanbag
8/6/2007, 08:03 PM
The one thing I do know is that most of the renewable projects will be built in Republican districts. I don't think Pelosi will allow a biofuel plant or a wind turbine in her district. The Taxachusetts delegation already put the ka-bosh on a proposed turbine farm off of Cape Cod.

Pelosi represents San Francisco so there really isn't any room for turbine farms or biofuel plants, but I know there are huge turbine farms just east of the Bay Area.

soonerboomer93
8/6/2007, 08:13 PM
Lets see, oil is $70.00 a barrel

prices will go up at the pump, exploration, construction of platforms, fpso et all will continue...

SoonerGirl06
8/6/2007, 08:28 PM
THA seemed to be saying that we can't trust money in the hands of the government (nobody can disagree with that), but there's lots of stuff that won't get done if the government doesn't do it.

IMO there's so much more that does get done when the government isn't involved. All this political wrangling and power play the congressmen do isn't for the benefit of the American citizen. It's for the benefit of their next campaign strategy.

SoonerGirl06
8/6/2007, 08:35 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I like the fact that I'm not paying over $3.00 a gallon for unleaded gasoline right now.

I also don't like having to pay higher gasoline taxes because some yahoo in congress wants to prove a point and screw over the opposing party come election time.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/6/2007, 11:42 PM
mdklatt...I agree with you in a sense...I am not anti-gov't, but for less government and in confined operations. I think gov't is good for civil infrastructure, defense and interstate commerce regulation, consumer laws, etc. Not so much in social engineering and re-distribution of wealth and in pork...

I don't mind paying taxes ear-marked for certain things, like road infrastructure and airport construction. Each have ear-marked taxes users pay (gasoline and air fare taxes). What irks me is that this money is diverted from its intended purposes, moved to the general ledger and then it is "lost" and the funds orginally there are not really there. Sort of like how Social Security is run. Those funds have been pseudo mingled with the general funds to make the deficit seem not so bad...

Harry Beanbag
8/7/2007, 06:34 AM
Entitlement programs are killing us, and the problems are only going to get worse.

OklahomaTuba
8/7/2007, 08:22 AM
Sadly, some won't be happy until the gubment controls the production & consumption of our resources.

Stalin & Mao must be shedding a tear in hell right now.

OU Adonis
8/7/2007, 09:47 AM
Why the heck can we not make a car that runs on freakin water???

They already have hydrogen cars. They are expensive and there is no infrastructure in place to refill them.

Hatfield
8/7/2007, 10:28 AM
the sky is falling.

we are all dooomerd

8/7/2007, 10:38 AM
the sky is falling.

we are all dooomerd“In the present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem”
-Ronald Reagan

Hatfield
8/7/2007, 11:04 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000BBOVEY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

TUSooner
8/7/2007, 11:50 AM
I'm for whatever encourages extravagant consumption and dependence on foreign oil.

Petro-Sooner
8/7/2007, 12:11 PM
I'm doing my best people. I'm only one man. :texan:

Harry Beanbag
8/7/2007, 04:00 PM
the sky is falling.

we are all dooomerd

I know, damn that Bush.

Jerk
8/7/2007, 05:25 PM
I'm for whatever encourages extravagant consumption and dependence on foreign oil.

Then you probably like the good economy but hate domestic drilling :texan:

TUSooner
8/8/2007, 08:14 PM
Then you probably like the good economy but hate domestic drilling :texan:
I've jus had my 5th or 6th beer in a reeal short time. so I don't trluy understand that. :D
I actually like a good economy AND domestic drilling But why stand pat and encourage the status quo when we are AMERICANS? We can invent and make and build and do any-effing-thing we want, so...
[quote=beer talking] why stay in the sack with the biggest enemies of liberty on the globe: totalitarian Islamc states (including Suadi Arabia) & Venezuela & mo'? Maybe the answer is remove all gasoline taxes and embargo foreign oil. The domestoc prducers get rich, but rising prices are an incentive develop serious alternatives.[/beer]

This post has been brough to you by Foster's Lager and some New Glarus Spotted Cow Ale which my daughter brang me from Wisconsin. They are solely resaponsible for its content,

Jerk
8/8/2007, 09:10 PM
[quote=beer talking]
understand that. :D
I actually like a good economy AND domestic drilling But why stand pat and encourage the status quo when we are AMERICANS? We can invent and make and build and do any-effing-thing we want, so...
why stay in the sack with the biggest enemies of liberty on the globe: totalitarian Islamc states (including Suadi Arabia) & Venezuela & mo'? Maybe the answer is remove all gasoline taxes and embargo foreign oil. The domestoc prducers get rich, but rising prices are an incentive develop serious alternatives.[/beer]

This post has been brough to you by Foster's Lager and some New Glarus Spotted Cow Ale which my daughter brang me from Wisconsin. They are solely resaponsible for its content,
I agree, totally. I just wish we would do alot more to get our own oil instead of importing it from the mullahs and wahabbis.

Jerk
8/8/2007, 09:14 PM
Instead of taxing the oil companies, which is nothing more than a feel good measure to appeal to the emo's, we should be giving tax cuts for domestic oil production.

:texan:

8/8/2007, 09:21 PM
Entitlement programs are killing us, and the problems are only going to get worse.Those of the leftist persuasion will say it's the War in Iraq, not the entitlement programs.

Harry Beanbag
8/8/2007, 10:04 PM
Those of the leftist persuasion will say it's the War in Iraq, not the entitlement programs.

Yeah, I know, but the fact remains that entitlement programs make up somewhere between 40% and 60% of the federal budget. :eek: That number is only going to get bigger, which is frightening.

SoonerGirl06
8/8/2007, 10:23 PM
I personally am tired of my taxes going toward entitlements.

FWIW I paid $2.58 a gallon for gasoline the other day and I thought I'd hit the jackpot.

royalfan5
8/8/2007, 10:31 PM
I've jus had my 5th or 6th beer in a reeal short time. so I don't trluy understand that. :D
[quote=beer talking] why stay in the sack with the biggest enemies of liberty on the globe: totalitarian Islamc states (including Suadi Arabia) & Venezuela & mo'? Maybe the answer is remove all gasoline taxes and embargo foreign oil. The domestoc prducers get rich, but rising prices are an incentive develop serious alternatives.[/beer]

The spike in domestic gas prices in the short term would damage the economy by increasing the cost to go to work for rank and file Americans. This would decrease consumer spending, and damage the economy. The economy would also be damaged because it would give the rest of the world a lot more cheap energy, and that would create additional disadvantages for American companies who export because they would be much less competitive. It would also absolutely destroy the value of the dollar, and make the Euro the defacto currency of the world. We don't want that, especially given our propensity to run deficits means that we need the world to love them some dollars. You would also see massive capital flight from the United States, which would be bad.

8/8/2007, 10:53 PM
The spike in domestic gas prices in the short term would damage the economy by increasing the cost to go to work for rank and file Americans. This would decrease consumer spending, and damage the economy. The economy would also be damaged because it would give the rest of the world a lot more cheap energy, and that would create additional disadvantages for American companies who export because they would be much less competitive. It would also absolutely destroy the value of the dollar, and make the Euro the defacto currency of the world. We don't want that, especially given our propensity to run deficits means that we need the world to love them some dollars. You would also see massive capital flight from the United States, which would be bad.I don't understand an assumption that increased domestic drilling would create HIGHER, rather than lower prices for oil. Consequently, your analysis based upon higher prices is probably wrong. The USA is not better off with ever more expensive gas from unreliable and hostile foreign sources, than we would be with cheaper domestic production, which also provides additional jobs here in the USA.

royalfan5
8/8/2007, 11:04 PM
I don't understand an assumption that increased domestic drilling would create HIGHER, rather than lower prices for oil. Consequently, your analysis based upon higher prices is probably wrong. The USA is not better off with ever more expensive gas from unreliable and hostile foreign sources, than we would be with cheaper domestic production, which also provides additional jobs here in the USA.
Domestic supply wouldn't increase overnight. It would take awhile to bring additional supply on line, and build the infrastructure to handle it. There would be a short to medium term price surge depending on the capabilites of the services industry to react. The rest of the world is going to be cranking out oil as well, and Nigeria is the major oil producer that has suffered major production disruptions. In addition, a major new field is going into production of the coast of Cambodia this year. That is a lot of cheap energy for everyone but us, and the dollar would lose a lot of standing. The fact that the dollar is the de facto world currency is huge for us, and our trade in foreign oil is a major reason for that.

8/8/2007, 11:40 PM
Domestic supply wouldn't increase overnight. It would take awhile to bring additional supply on line, and build the infrastructure to handle it. There would be a short to medium term price surge depending on the capabilites of the services industry to react...We still sorely need to increase domestic production, as NOT increasing will contribute to insure continuously rising prices.

royalfan5
8/9/2007, 08:13 AM
We still sorely need to increase domestic production, as NOT increasing will contribute to insure continuously rising prices.
I'm not saying we shouldn't increase domestic production. We should. It is completely unrealistic to expect that we can produce enough of our own oil at a low cost to the economy and consumer, and in a short to medium time frame.

Scott D
8/9/2007, 10:02 AM
so is Tuba still outraged on this? I mean good ole GW said "**** no" to it..and I agree with him.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/9/2007, 10:13 AM
I'm doing my best people. I'm only one man. :texan:

You've got help here...;) I've working hard to jack up gas prices and gouge the public...;) My upcoming 4 week trip to Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore with associated Business class travel and hotels should help raise gas prices a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent...;)

TU tried my first Spotted Cow on vacation last week in Wisconsin. You should also try the Sprecher Brewery beer family out of Wisconsin.

GrapevineSooner
8/9/2007, 10:20 AM
IMO there's so much more that does get done when the government isn't involved. All this political wrangling and power play the congressmen do isn't for the benefit of the American citizen. It's for the benefit of their next campaign strategy.
Yup.

Kind of like Hillary throwing the idea of a mortgage lending industry government bailout this morning.

I about threw a brick through the TV at her this morning. ;)

Of course, passing something in the House is just a tad different than a Presidential candidate throwing something out to test the waters with.

8/9/2007, 10:38 AM
Yup.

Kind of like Hillary throwing the idea of a mortgage lending industry government bailout this morning.

"We will raise your taxes for the 'greater good' ", or something like that-HRC