PDA

View Full Version : How's the Norm family doing?

OUDoc
8/6/2007, 08:33 AM
Haven't heard much since the new addition.

Norm In Norman
8/6/2007, 09:47 AM
Busy. Very busy.

I can honestly say that I haven't had enough time to think about sooner football more than 5 minutes since may. I have no idea when the first game is or who we play. It seems like I heard that practice started today? Maybe when the games get here I'll have enough time to think about it. I'm just here because work has decided to make it impossible for me to get my job done.

Anything good happening here?

crawfish
8/6/2007, 10:07 AM
Busy. Very busy.

I can honestly say that I haven't had enough time to think about sooner football more than 5 minutes since may. I have no idea when the first game is or who we play. It seems like I heard that practice started today? Maybe when the games get here I'll have enough time to think about it. I'm just here because work has decided to make it impossible for me to get my job done.

Anything good happening here?

Same old same old.

Glad to see my job isn't the only one that does that.

Norm In Norman
8/6/2007, 10:41 AM
Same old same old.

Glad to see my job isn't the only one that does that.
Well, since you asked...

Because of an audit, the new administrator here at work told the server guys that they must upgrade all servers with the latest patches by this past weekend, no questions asked. Now? The nt domain will not talk to the 2003 domain and vice versa. I'll give you one guess who called the server guys complaining that he couldn't get any work done today... well guess what? NOBODY can get things done because of your stupid assed decision, *** hole. I mean, important things aren't getting done. Things that costs us lots of money in interest. How about asking one of the technical guys about the repercussions instead of dictating what they should do even though you barely know how to turn your computer on!

I'm done having a conscious and trying to make things work. From now on I'm gonna send my complaints to the help desk and when I hear back then I'm going to send another complaint when the next problem comes up and we'll see who is really keeping things running smoothly around here. I'm just a lowly programmer so i shouldn't be worrying about things getting processed anyway - I should be writing programs.

Norm In Norman
8/6/2007, 10:51 AM
Every time someone asks me why such and such hasn't been done today I'd like to rip their throat out.

OUDoc
8/6/2007, 11:20 AM
"Case of the Mondays", Norm? ;)

Vaevictis
8/6/2007, 11:31 AM
Every time someone asks me why such and such hasn't been done today I'd like to rip their throat out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svu2fHqRW4M

Norm In Norman
8/6/2007, 12:40 PM
Ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

Norm In Norman
8/6/2007, 12:41 PM
When you walk in on a Monday and it's 92 degrees INSIDE, you know **** is going down.

OCUDad
8/6/2007, 12:51 PM
If you had put the right cover sheet on your TPS report, this would never have happened.