PDA

View Full Version : I propose a new Power Conference for college football.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/4/2007, 07:30 PM
It could be called the BIG SHOTS Conference. Members would be Texas, Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma State, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Ohio State, Florida, Nebraska, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas Tech and Oregon.

The teams would ONLY play the other teams in the conference.There would be north/south or east/west divisions, and the winners of the two divisions would play in a conference championship game for the conference title. The winner of the conference would be guaranteed an invitation to play in ONE OF the BCS games.:P

CatfishSooner
8/4/2007, 08:31 PM
sounds good to me...

birddog
8/4/2007, 08:36 PM
texas tech and oregon don't belong in there.

i'd replace them with v-tech and auburn. you've got to keep the iron bowl alive.

Flagstaffsooner
8/4/2007, 08:40 PM
That would be The Big Snot Conference.

8/4/2007, 08:46 PM

i'd replace them with v-tech and auburn. you've got to keep the iron bowl alive.Sure they do. It's their reward for the good, down-home officiating that goes along with their home games.

illinisooner
8/4/2007, 09:00 PM
Watch out, Bama would just claim another national title because they're in the superpower conference.

Mixer!
8/4/2007, 09:03 PM
It could be called the BIG SHOTS Conference. Members would be Texas, Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma State, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Ohio State, Florida, Nebraska, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas Tech and Oregon.
Aggy gets in, but not the Sooners?

Credibility. Lost.

goingoneight
8/4/2007, 09:11 PM
Texas waited 35 years with the best recruitnig pool in the nation to win it all, Notre Dame is on an 11-year post-season losing streak, LSU is a modern power, Tech and Oregon don't belong. And as stated above, agroids don't belong in something that glorifies tradition and something fans are expected to show up for.

birddog
8/4/2007, 09:14 PM
mixer, i like yours better. it got lost in that other thread so maybe you should get it on here.

Mixer!
8/4/2007, 09:39 PM
This? (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1967175&postcount=57) Nahh, I was just pointing out that you can't limit a SuperConference lineup to just 32 teams. There's too many major TV markets and traditional programs left on the sidelines (not to mention the whole 'works great for football, sucks for the other sports' dealio).

birddog
8/4/2007, 09:48 PM
oh, it's definitely not practical. just fun to look at the matchups we'd get to see EVERY SATURDAY, instead of a couple times a year.

8/4/2007, 10:10 PM
Aggy gets in, but not the Sooners?

Credibility. Lost.Mixer, it's a joke! Shirley, you wouldn't want our Sooners to be banished to playing in such a suicide league as that??!?!?

Mixer!
8/4/2007, 10:24 PM
Apologies, but humor & aggy have been mutually exclusive since :les: left town.

8/4/2007, 10:31 PM
Apologies, but humor & aggy have been mutually exclusive since :les: left town.My gawd, man, aggy never needed Leslie to invoke laughter in the past! I guess if you live in their shadow, it's not so funny?

birddog
8/4/2007, 11:41 PM
hmmm. i've got to start paying more attention when i come on this board.

Mixer!
8/4/2007, 11:56 PM
My gawd, man, aggy never needed Leslie to invoke laughter in the past! I guess if you live in their shadow, it's not so funny?

Pre-zactly.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7738/staeminent02062007vr2c8is7.jpg

oumartin
8/5/2007, 12:02 AM
Boone Pickens.. that says it all.

8/5/2007, 12:17 PM
The BIG SHOTS would always have a rematch in their conference championship game, and it would be almost assured that Oregon, Tx Tech, Arkansas and orange aggy(most certainly) would NEVER make it to the championship game.

Tear Down This Wall
8/6/2007, 10:12 AM

i'd replace them with v-tech and auburn. you've got to keep the iron bowl alive.

Mega dittoes...Texas Tech belongs in the Sun Belt

8/6/2007, 02:25 PM
Mega dittoes...Texas Tech belongs in the Sun BeltThe BIG SHOTS Conference is where they'll get whupped week after week after week , etc.

OSUAggie
8/6/2007, 02:28 PM
So you're not necessarily a fan of the Oklahoma-Texas, Oklahoma-Nebraska or Oklahoma-Oklahoma State series - and you don't want OU to have a chance to play Notre Dame, Miami, LSU or Bama ever again in the regular season?

8/6/2007, 02:44 PM
So you're not necessarily a fan of the Oklahoma-Texas, Oklahoma-Nebraska or Oklahoma-Oklahoma State series - and you don't want OU to have a chance to play Notre Dame, Miami, LSU or Bama ever again in the regular season?You don't much like the BIG SHOTS Conference, do you?

StuIsTheMan
8/6/2007, 03:18 PM
just throw'n Oregon and Tech in there for Whoop'n boys huhhttp://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5165/1005xa5.gif (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/)

8/6/2007, 03:35 PM
just throw'n Oregon and Tech in there for Whoop'n boys huhhttp://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5165/1005xa5.gif (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/)At least until they cry uncle!(and don't forget orange aggy)

StuIsTheMan
8/6/2007, 03:52 PM
(and don't forget orange aggy)

Why not...I have been trying to since 95', the last time I drove through that hole of a town.

OSUAggie
8/6/2007, 04:59 PM
You don't much like the BIG SHOTS Conference, do you?

It'd be fine with me... at least then we'd have an excuse for going 3-9 every 3rd year.

And I wouldn't have to watch games against the likes of SHSU every week.

8/6/2007, 05:07 PM
It'd be fine with me... at least then we'd have an excuse for going 3-9 every 3rd year.

And I wouldn't have to watch games against the likes of SHSU every week.Who is it you figure you can beat, for those 3 wins?

OSUAggie
8/6/2007, 08:10 PM
Well... we hit .500 against that list last season.

8/6/2007, 09:00 PM
Well... we hit .500 against that list last season.You maybe could win the South div. of Big SHOTS with a record like that!

recemp
8/13/2007, 12:33 PM
We should have a conference of media centers and let the rest of the country slug it out. Let ESPN pick the teams it likes and put their winner against ours. I've spent a lifetime flipping on the TV and being told that I'm supposed to be interested in Dodgers and Giants or the Jets and NY Giants and USC vs Stanford.
OU -Texas has to start a 11am so some prime time snoozer has to be foisted on the disinterested.