PDA

View Full Version : Bells Amusement Park

StoopTroup
8/4/2007, 03:56 PM
Drove by there yesterday...

Very depressing.

It's all gone and they have ran over everything with catepillers.

It's looks like they just plowed over a trash dump.

I'm not sure I will ever go to the Tulsa Fair again.

starclassic tama
8/4/2007, 04:35 PM
frontier city is next... isn't this summer their last in business?

bri
8/4/2007, 04:43 PM
I don't know if I'll go to the TSF this year either...they'll have to have some damn good free shows on the Budwieser stage to make up for the County Fair Board being comprised of f*cking retard *********s. :D

Jimminy Crimson
8/4/2007, 06:06 PM
frontier city is next... isn't this summer their last in business?

No

SoonerDood
8/4/2007, 06:31 PM
what happened to Bell's? did they finally move to BA like everybody else? Or did the old people make them shut down?

bri
8/4/2007, 08:00 PM
what happened to Bell's? did they finally move to Jenks like everybody else? Or did the old people make them shut down?

The county fair board decided not to renew the Bell's lease.

SoonerDood
8/4/2007, 08:41 PM
The county fair board decided not to renew the Bell's lease.:mad:

bri
8/4/2007, 09:00 PM
My sentiment exactly. The best part of going to the Tulsa State Fair is that moment when you realize that you've actually wandered down to Bell's and spend the next hour riding the Himalaya.

goingoneight
8/4/2007, 09:39 PM
Hello? Bell's for years was known as the most dangerous place for kids to "hang out." Gang problems, preteens and teenagers brought all their drama, etc. I, too miss the days when you could buy a season pass and go have a great time during the summer, but it was a pit for trouble, just like Tulsa's downtown nightclubs. If they aren't mopping up blood one night, they're busting dealers and breaking up fights. Big Splash is probably going to be the next within ten years to get the ax, IMHO. It's sad because I live in Tulsa and I'm tired of seeing the city dying, landmark by landmark.
:mad:
Hopefully the downtown projects like the BOK center can bring some new life back here like Bricktown and the Ford Center did for OKC.

bri
8/4/2007, 09:45 PM
but it was a pit for trouble, just like that one "over 18" nightclub on the edge of downtown that admits underaged kids and then serves them booze.

Fixed to reflect an actual understanding of Tulsa.

TheLurker
8/4/2007, 10:26 PM
When I drove by the site the other day, the only positive thing I could find was that it's kind of cool to see the pavilion from 21st street.:(

bri
8/4/2007, 10:32 PM
The downside? Seeing the Pavilion from 21st Street. :D

oumartin
8/4/2007, 11:30 PM
they had to clear it to make room for all the new jobs and new families oklahoma has lured in ;)