PDA

View Full Version : I will be on TV today at 3:00

Sooner24
8/4/2007, 10:26 AM
If you live in Oklahoma and get OETA I will be in "The Oklahoma I Remember" at 3:00 this afternoon. I will be one of the kids on the fire truck going to Wedgewood Amusment Park and then one of the kids on the train at the park. :pop:

OUDoc
8/4/2007, 10:29 AM
Is it all about Wedgewood?

Sooner24
8/4/2007, 10:48 AM
No it's got stuff from all over the state. I was working in OKC back in the late 90's (97-99) and saw where they were looking for old footage of things around the state to make a documentary. I had the old 8mm film of my fourth birthday (1959) when my folks had all the neighbor kids loaded up on the Wedgewood fire truck and taken to Wedgewood Amusement park. I took the film out to the OETA studio, behind KWTV and they sent it back about a week later. Around a year and a half later they finished the show. They show it every year during their pledge drive. They even run my name in the credits.

If you want some stuff on Wedgewood here is a good site.

http://www.picturemeonline.com/wedgewood/history.html

OUDoc
8/4/2007, 10:51 AM
Cool.

Sooner24
8/4/2007, 10:58 AM
http://www.picturemeonline.com/wedgewood/images/air.jpg

Sooner24
8/4/2007, 10:59 AM
In around 64' or 65' I rode my first roller coaster, The Tornado, at Wedgewood.

Sooner24
8/4/2007, 03:23 PM
Keep watching. ;)

Turd_Ferguson
8/4/2007, 03:52 PM
That was great. I couldn't help but laugh when I seen the fire truck. What simple times those must have been. Good stuff.

Newbomb Turk
8/4/2007, 04:02 PM
dang, I missed it. Will it be on again?

I almost moved into the Wedgewood Apartments several years ago. I had no idea there was an amusement park there at one time.

85Sooner
8/4/2007, 06:39 PM
I loved that place as well as springlake. Our first home was situated so that you could see the fireworks shows from the bathtub. Parents used to use that to get the kid in the tub.

Also Aunt (dads younger sister) and Springlakes owners daughter were best friends. You never knew who would show up at the front door late at night to party at big bros house. One time it was the girls w/ the Beach Boys. SOB Drummer burned a spot on my piano with his cig. anyway, the past was good.

Sooner24
8/4/2007, 06:47 PM
Looking at that fire truck they could never do anything like that today because of the liability issues.

85Sooner
8/4/2007, 06:53 PM
Looking at that fire truck they could never do anything like that today because of the liability issues.

Yep ACLU and Attorneys have F*cked up this country. Amazing that anyof us ever survived without all the restriction and safety precautions they take today.

Frozen Sooner
8/4/2007, 06:56 PM
Yep ACLU and Attorneys have F*cked up this country. Amazing that anyof us ever survived without all the restriction and safety precautions they take today.

Damn that ACLU running around suing fire trucks.

Sooner24
8/4/2007, 07:03 PM

Yep, if you were born in 1970 or later you grew up wussified. :cool:

85Sooner
8/5/2007, 01:43 PM
Damn that ACLU running around suing fire trucks.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had. Probably sueing to get yellow ones. It seems thats a good color for the ACLU and their ilk . Yellow, as in yellow belly, as in cowards, as in wussified parasites of society. but thats just a thought :0)

SOONER STEAKER
8/5/2007, 01:46 PM
If you live in Oklahoma and get OETA I will be in "The Oklahoma I Remember" at 3:00 this afternoon. I will be one of the kids on the fire truck going to Wedgewood Amusment Park and then one of the kids on the train at the park. :pop:

I used to go dgewood pool all the time. Played some great water volleyball at that pool and drank alot of beer. :pop:

85Sooner
8/5/2007, 01:49 PM
I used to go dgewood pool all the time. Played some great water volleyball at that pool and drank alot of beer. :pop:

Damn your old:)

Flagstaffsooner
8/5/2007, 02:53 PM
Damn, 24, I'm sorry I missed that. I Was watching the Mike Gundy Show.

http://www.oldradio.com/archives/hardware/TV/tk44-wdca-bozo.jpg