PDA

View Full Version : OU catcher to transfer

SOONER STEAKER
8/4/2007, 08:42 AM
Brandon Moss, a Norman HS product is transfrering to Oklahoma City University to play for Head Coach Denney Crabaugh. Moss, who played this summer in the Texas Collegiate League had a great summer. He was named to the TCL All Star team while playing for the Colleyville team.

Does anyone know the reason why Brandon left the program?

Brandon's leadership and work ethic will be dearly missed.

setem
8/4/2007, 02:36 PM
Bah! Even though I hate to see him leave. I am sure Sonny had something to do with it. Denney is an awesome guy and Moss is going to do great things for the Stars squad.

Paperclip
8/4/2007, 08:57 PM
The evil empire strikes again. :mad:

Ike
8/6/2007, 12:47 AM
The evil empire strikes again.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

;)

What else can I say other than playing for the Wookie is a boatload of fun.

SOONER STEAKER
8/6/2007, 11:06 AM
My sources tell me that Gallo wanted to take some of Brandon's scholly money away and he just said, "Coach, you can have it all."

What is the deal with catchers leaving the program. 2 years ago it was Josh Stinson who will be aTm catcher next season.

Taxman71
8/6/2007, 01:00 PM
OCU may be the best team in the state next year. They just signed Brent Weaver who was previously at OSU and the Oklahoma high school POTY a few years back.

D-I Baseball players get jerked on their schollys by their coaches worse than anyone. It is almost always a week or two before school starts when a kid receives a letter from the coach saying his ride is reduced or eliminated.

Rhino
8/6/2007, 01:55 PM
Happened about a month ago.

Yet Sonny stayed true to form and refused to release him. Geez.

SOONER STEAKER
8/6/2007, 02:14 PM
Imagine that. Sony be a selfish prick!!

Newbomb Turk
8/6/2007, 02:41 PM
crappy deal.

setem
8/6/2007, 03:58 PM
I really liked Sonny at ORU and as an assistant here at OU. Now that he is the head I have lost good bit of respect for him.

Denney Crabaugh is as good a coach as any D1 out there.

setem
8/6/2007, 03:58 PM
I really liked Sonny at ORU and as an assistant here at OU. Now that he is the head I have lost good bit of respect for him.

Denney Crabaugh is as good a coach as any D1 out there.

SOONER STEAKER
8/6/2007, 04:57 PM
setern, at ORU, Sonny didn't have any pressure on him to win. They won because they didn't play anyone that was good. I could put a team together from this website and beat the Oakland's and the Valparaiso's of the world.

SG can't take a chance to let a Brandon Moss transfer to a WSU, UA, TCU and come back and beat him.

GOOGLE: kelli gallo (SG's daughter)

setem
8/6/2007, 05:31 PM
I know about kelli Gallo! Good stuff!

I understand how he feels. I can not imagine the stress he has on him. It does not excuse him being a jerk to everyone who walks through the door.

I spent a lot of time with the OCU coaching staff this summer. I have been there 1st hand to see the crap Denney & Keith deal with and I would hate to be in those shoes. Denny seems to keep his cool and as far as i have seen he tries to no show his emotions to much.

One of my good friends from high school is going to be in Playboy in the next month or so when the Girls of the SEC comes out.

Taxman71
8/6/2007, 05:40 PM
Happened about a month ago.

Yet Sonny stayed true to form and refused to release him. Geez.

Anderson at OSU did the same thing...pulled a guy's entire scholly 1 week before school started....then refused to release him. Pretty petty for a grown man to do that to a kid who does nothing but competes for him.

1stTimeCaller
8/6/2007, 06:03 PM
They won because they didn't play anyone that was good. I could put a team together from this website and beat the Oakland's and the Valparaiso's of the world.

Could you beat the OUs of the world? Could you give UT and Miami all they wanted until the closer on your team blew the save?

On another note, I'm not going to say 'I told you so' so I won't.

leftfield
8/6/2007, 07:03 PM
setern, at ORU, Sonny didn't have any pressure on him to win. They won because they didn't play anyone that was good. I could put a team together from this website and beat the Oakland's and the Valparaiso's of the world.

SG can't take a chance to let a Brandon Moss transfer to a WSU, UA, TCU and come back and beat him.

GOOGLE: kelli gallo (SG's daughter)

No offense but that top part is not true at all...not even close.

By the way, I can tell you that OU is going to be good very soon...Tadlock is a recruiting machine and it is already paying dividends. Casey Johnson(of) from Mesquite signed not too long ago is probably the best hitter to come out of the DFW area last year...he is the real deal and should be the starting either in left or right this year. The best hitter in DFW that will be a senior this year, Imhoffe(rf) from Arlington Martin, has already committed...he is also the real deal. He dropped a bomb at Minute Maid last week at the Scouts Association game using wood.

Those are just a couple off the top of my head but I can promise you that the product on the field will get better quickly.

SOONER STEAKER
8/6/2007, 08:05 PM
I have dealt with Tadlock on several occassions and he is a great man and recruiter. Getting commitments from top TX kids is great! BUT, how many will we get on campus? If Imhioffe is at the Pro Scouts Assn. showcase at Minute Maid Park, he is there for one reason, he is a PRO PROSPECT. Big time pro prospects don't set a foot on college campuses in the fall the following year because they are now pro players. ex... Blake Beaven who has yet to sign but singed with a JC just in case.

HS signees aren't gonna make an immediate impact at the MAJOR D-1 level unless they are a pitcher thowing in the mid 90's. ie...David Purcey. OU needs JC prospects like Reggie Willits, Chuckie Caufield, Aric Thomas, Bucky Buckes (ASU transfer who couldn't get into ASU becasue of JC credits).

Look at OCU's recruit class thie year. 8 junior transfers and 1 HS player. The only way OU can make an immediate impact in the Big 12 is by going the JC route. HS kids are great, but not immediate help on the field.

Losing a junior like Brandon Moss, who was a great leader should open eyebrows of all OU supporters becasue something smells down in the baseball department. It's not Tim Tadlock, it's SG.

leftfield
8/6/2007, 09:00 PM
I have dealt with Tadlock on several occassions and he is a great man and recruiter. Getting commitments from top TX kids is great! BUT, how many will we get on campus? If Imhioffe is at the Pro Scouts Assn. showcase at Minute Maid Park, he is there for one reason, he is a PRO PROSPECT. Big time pro prospects don't set a foot on college campuses in the fall the following year because they are now pro players. ex... Blake Beaven who has yet to sign but singed with a JC just in case.

HS signees aren't gonna make an immediate impact at the MAJOR D-1 level unless they are a pitcher thowing in the mid 90's. ie...David Purcey. OU needs JC prospects like Reggie Willits, Chuckie Caufield, Aric Thomas, Bucky Buckes (ASU transfer who couldn't get into ASU becasue of JC credits).

Look at OCU's recruit class thie year. 8 junior transfers and 1 HS player. The only way OU can make an immediate impact in the Big 12 is by going the JC route. HS kids are great, but not immediate help on the field.

Losing a junior like Brandon Moss, who was a great leader should open eyebrows of all OU supporters becasue something smells down in the baseball department. It's not Tim Tadlock, it's SG.

Casey Johnson will be on campus this year and will play..and he will hit. He also played in the scouts association game LAST summer. Imhoffe has a chance to sign with an MLB team and not make it on campus but the fact is he has a good chance of playing at OU for three years. He is not the same story as Beavan, that guy is a first rounder who is going to be a millionaire soon.

With Beavan it was understood he wouldn't make it to campus but that signing does wonders for other players of high caliber that are being recruited by OU, A&M, UT, etc. By the way, he will sign before the end of the summer...he won't be going to Navarro.

OCUDad
8/6/2007, 09:03 PM
The evil empire strikes again. :mad:And the rich get richer...

Paperclip
8/6/2007, 09:07 PM
And the rich get richer...

Took you long enough to get in on this thread. :)

SOONER STEAKER
8/6/2007, 09:32 PM
Casey Johnson is a legit prospect and I hope he does well for the Sooners. Playing for the Dallas Mustangs and playing in the Premier league is a plus. But, it's not D-1 level. I have followed he Premier League and I can't think of one kid that was an impact player in the Big 12 as a freshman. WE NEED JC players who have faced the type of pitching that they will see in the league. HS ball pitching, even TX HS pitching doesn't compare to what they will see in the Big 12.

There was not one HS position player in the Big 12 his past season that was an immediate IMACT player in the league. The closest was Trevor Coleman (catcher) for Mizzou from Drippig Spring TX who played for the South Texas Sliders.

OU can't rely on HS kids to make the impact we need to get to the top of the Big 12 this coming season.

Ike
8/6/2007, 09:40 PM
I spent a lot of time with the OCU coaching staff this summer. I have been there 1st hand to see the crap Denney & Keith deal with and I would hate to be in those shoes. Denny seems to keep his cool and as far as i have seen he tries to no show his emotions to much.

The Wookie has changed a lot since my day. I could tell you some stories. But I won't. at least, not here. Retrospectively, I really loved my time at OCU...I just didn't know it so much at the time.

leftfield
8/6/2007, 10:30 PM
Streaker, I can promise that Tadlock knows about every juco kid out there since he came from Grayson(two juco natl. championships) and if there's someone out there he wants he will do everything he can to get them. At the same time, if there are two kids of equal talent, one in hs and one at a juco, the hs kid is the more attractive of the two obviously since he will stay(assuming he doesn't transfer) at least three years.

SOONER STEAKER
8/6/2007, 10:47 PM
OU has signed some quality in state kids from Oklahoma during the early signing period but when summer rolls around SG tells them to go to JC.

examples.

John Maschino-- Edmond North HS, signed with OU but tol to go to Seminole State JC, and now will pitch for the Univ. of Arkansas next season.

Tanner Chitwood--signed with OU, shipped to North Central Texas College.

Brandon Smith- Norman North HS prospect, shipped to Seminole State Colllege.

OU is signing some very good Oklahoma kids but SG decides they aren't good enough and guess what? He won't release them.

It's getting to be a big joke with Oklahoma HS coaches, don't let your kids sign early with OU cause SG will dump them at a JC come summer time.

Other examples: 2 state pitchers, one from Washington and the other from Arnett, both LHP pitchers, want to go to OU but OU doesn't give them any play at all. Both signed with Univ.of Nebraska this summer. Andrew Thigpen from Midwest City signs with Mizzou, SG tells the kd to walk on in September.

There is something seriously wrong with this picture when it comes to OU recruiting the state of Okahoma's best prospects.