PDA

View Full Version : My company got sold today

Jerk
8/3/2007, 06:35 PM
Family owned company, been in business for almost 60 years, by the name of Schwarz Ready Mix, sold to some giagantic corporation from Austrailia called 'Boral.'

hmmm.....

That's all.

Turd_Ferguson
8/3/2007, 06:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Jerk. Any big changes for you?

Jerk
8/3/2007, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear that Jerk. Any big changes for you?
Don't know yet.

eta- -99% sure I'll still have a job. Same pay? Benefits? That could change.

Maybe I won't have to go to Tulsa.

King Crimson
8/3/2007, 06:54 PM
i guess the Schwarz family did what they had to do. i guess be happy for them.

so much for that mom and pop small-biz entrepreneur they like to tell us "make or break" the free market (total bullshizz).

i hope you don't have to wear "flair" driving.

Jerk
8/3/2007, 07:02 PM
i guess the Schwarz family did what they had to do. i guess be happy for them.

so much for that mom and pop small-biz entrepreneur they like to tell us "make or break" the free market (total bullshizz).

i hope you don't have to wear "flair" driving.

I just hope I don't have to drive a single stack Mack:eek:

2 years ago, Mid-Continent of Tulsa was sold by their native Oklahoman owner Roger Hardesty to a Mexican company. They are the 2nd biggest concrete co. in OK. Now we get sold by our native owners to the Aussies, and we're the 3rd largest company.

OCUDad
8/3/2007, 07:03 PM
Look on the bright side. Foster's Lager is pretty good stuff.

oumartin
8/3/2007, 07:04 PM
you should just start up your own!

OUAndy1807
8/3/2007, 08:42 PM
I would think that this might not be as bad news as it seems. If they had been bought by Dolese, they might be shutting down plants, but since it's a new company to the region, it sounds like they're coming in to give Dolese a run for their money.

usmc-sooner
8/3/2007, 08:43 PM
doesn't Boral have a big factory/plant over by El Reno?

OUAndy1807
8/3/2007, 08:46 PM
doesn't Boral have a big factory/plant over by El Reno?
I think that's Boral Brick. I don't know if it's the same company.

royalfan5
8/3/2007, 08:48 PM
The freedom of capital to flow over borders is one of the things that help to make America great.

Okla-homey
8/3/2007, 08:50 PM
You could quit and go to work for a great Oklahoma outfit from my hometown called the "Joe Brown Co." You can see their green tractor-trailers with orange racing stripes all over Oklahoma.

critical_phil
8/3/2007, 08:54 PM
i'd put in a transfer request for Port Adelaide.....

Jerk
8/3/2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah, Andy, it's the same company.

Homey - I have a friend that worked for Joe Brown. He told me they don't pay well.

If this doesn't work out, I'm going into the oil field. I have several options, one of which would get me out of trucking competely, and the other would be back and forth from Houston hauling very heavy, very big loads.

usmc-sooner
8/3/2007, 09:02 PM
I'd be driving the tour bus for Bon Jovi, Poison or Cinderella

talk about your underneath the table benefits.

Okla-homey
8/3/2007, 09:05 PM
i'd put in a transfer request for Port Adelaide.....

I can just imagine OUr jerk hi-ballin' it on an Outback two-lane at midnight with his "roo-bars" festooned with the rotting flesh of a dozen kangaroos... and a slow Abo or two.

Jerk
8/3/2007, 09:15 PM
I'd be driving the tour bus for Bon Jovi, Poison or Cinderella

talk about your underneath the table benefits.
I don't think I could drive a bus no matter who it was for.

I like hauling freight...mainly because it doesn't talk back to you.

royalfan5
8/3/2007, 09:24 PM
I don't think I could drive a bus no matter who it was for.

I like hauling freight...mainly because it doesn't talk back to you.
You could also try and work for the Nebraska OTR giants, Werner and CCC.

Jerk
8/3/2007, 09:40 PM
You could also try and work for the Nebraska OTR giants, Werner and CCC.
I appreciate your kind suggestion, but no way!:)

Just for me to cross state lines is a monumental event. Sleeping in a truck is not my forté. Going away from home for 4-6 weeks only to get a day or two off is bullsh*t. It's not that I am 'too good for that,' it's just that I will not do it.

It's not really the being away from home and sleeping in the truck that bothers me, it's the being away from home and sleeping in the truck and being a thousand miles away from home that bothers me.

royalfan5
8/3/2007, 09:44 PM
I appreciate your kind suggestion, but no way!:)

Just for me to cross state lines is a monumental event. Sleeping in a truck is not my forté. Going away from home for 4-6 weeks only to get a day or two off is bullsh*t. It's not that I am 'too good for that,' it's just that I will not do it.

It's not really the being away from home and sleeping in the truck that bothers me, it's the being away from home and sleeping in the truck and being a thousand miles away from home that bothers me.
Teach your wife to drive and you can be one of those husband and wife teams. You can get one of those nice Kenworth Sleepers and you'll be in business.

Mjcpr
8/3/2007, 10:28 PM
Peterbilt is where it's at.

royalfan5
8/3/2007, 10:30 PM
Peterbilt is where it's at.
They're both made by PACCAR in any event.

Mjcpr
8/3/2007, 10:32 PM
I don't care, my grandpa didn't drive a PACCAR. :D

Okla-homey
8/4/2007, 05:17 AM
Teach your wife to drive and you can be one of those husband and wife teams. You can get one of those nice Kenworth Sleepers and you'll be in business.

...and a weiner dog. Don't forget the wiener dog.;)

Rhino
8/6/2007, 01:36 PM
I think I still have my Schwarz Ready Mix Little League baseball t-shirt around my house somewhere.

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 01:44 PM
Two words: Ice. Road. Trucker.

SOONER STEAKER
8/6/2007, 01:56 PM
Related to the football player from Yukon, Richard Schwatrz who played at oSu and UCO?

critical_phil
8/6/2007, 01:58 PM
Peters are where it's at.

:twinkies:

Frozen Sooner
8/6/2007, 02:06 PM
1. Boral? High five!
http://images.scotsman.com/2007/06/07/2007-06-07T184539Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKEN-UK-BORAT-LAWSUIT.jpg

2. You could always move up here and do ice road trucking, as suggested above. That pays great and you can generally complete the runs in a couple of days.

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 02:08 PM
2. You could always move up here and do ice road trucking, as suggested above. That pays great and you can generally complete the runs in a couple of days.

If you don't die. :eek:

Rhino
8/6/2007, 02:09 PM
Related to the football player from Yukon, Richard Schwatrz who played at oSu and UCO? Richard Schwarz is the son of the owner, yes. As far as I know, he never played football at UCO though.

85Sooner
8/6/2007, 02:11 PM
Whos the guy who sold his family business for millions and then threw a co picnic and gave up to a million to each employee based on their tenure?

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 02:12 PM
Whos the guy who sold his family business for millions and then threw a co picnic and gave up to a million to each employee based on their tenure?

Figment D. Imagination?

:D

Jerk
8/6/2007, 02:19 PM
Nothing changed today.

Everything was the same.

No one knows what is going on.

Rumors and more rumors. That's all.

I worked 11 hours today, and I have no idea who for!

1stTimeCaller
8/6/2007, 02:20 PM
I don't care, my grandpa didn't drive a PACCAR. :D

Where did he get his Peterbuilt?

mdklatt
8/6/2007, 02:21 PM
I worked 11 hours today, and I have no idea who for!

Tha Man, that's who.

Frozen Sooner
8/6/2007, 02:27 PM
Figment D. Imagination?

:D

They were probably mad about making all that extra money. You know, because of the income tax.