PDA

View Full Version : You only get to beat one of these teams this year: Miami or Texas.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/3/2007, 12:14 PM
Choose.

I have to go with Miami. I fully realize that a loss to the shorthorns effectively kills any NC implications and damages Big XII chances.

But I hate the Hurricanes and all three of their fans that show up for every home game. You know all those a**holes running around South Florida with their thUg jerseys in the 80's and 90's are now sporting jerseys that spell out "g-a-t-o-r-s".

gUns
drUgs
thUgs

It's all about the "U", baby!

XingTheRubicon
8/3/2007, 12:21 PM
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/4961/1185845553kb7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

StuIsTheMan
8/3/2007, 12:25 PM
I pick Tejas just for the Big 12 title...BUT I HATE THE U!!!!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/3/2007, 12:28 PM
You have to pick Texas because if we beat Miami (who is down) and lose to Texas, we have a down year ourselves and we are about championships, not just beating one team...That is Aggie. Of course, if we have to beat the one team to get to the Big XII, only makes it that much better.

TMcGee86
8/3/2007, 12:33 PM
If we had beat texas last year, I might say miami, but I dont think I can stomach 3 in a row.

Plus, if we somehow lose to the u, then win the rest of the games including Tex, we can pass it off as an inexperienced QB losing a big game early but settling down as the season wears on and we would probably have a good shot at a MNC by the end of the year.

OUDoc
8/3/2007, 12:34 PM
I'd really like to crush Miami, but we live too close to texas to allow another win.
I'm torn.

MiccoMacey
8/3/2007, 12:35 PM
Texas.

And it's not even close.

I understand the hatred of the program that delivered the three losses to OU during a 33-3 record over a three year period.

But Texas is the key to the Big Twelve championship. And that's waaaaay more important than beating ANY team.

Now, if Texas moves to the Big Ten, and doesn't compete with us for the title, then I'd agree with Miami.

101sooner
8/3/2007, 12:36 PM
Texas from now until the end of time.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2007, 12:39 PM
I think that pic has Jamal Charles in it. As far as I know he hasn't done anything

OUDoc
8/3/2007, 12:47 PM
I think that pic has Jamal Charles in it. As far as I know he hasn't done anything
Give him time.

SoonerBOI
8/3/2007, 12:49 PM
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/4961/1185845553kb7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

CLASSIC!:D

SoonerBOI
8/3/2007, 12:55 PM
Texas!

htownsooner7
8/3/2007, 12:57 PM
Tuck Fexas

OUDoc
8/3/2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah, conference wins are more important.
But I really hate both of them.

sooner518
8/3/2007, 01:08 PM
Texas. We lose to Miami and beat Texas, we can still win the conference and have an outside shot at the MNC.

I hate the U, but not as much as I have in the past

OUfan7
8/3/2007, 01:10 PM

Patience, patience, patience!!!:D

sanantoniosooner
8/3/2007, 01:14 PM
I refuse to pick one. I'd rather lose to Boise State again than either of those.

HTown77095
8/3/2007, 01:46 PM
Been thinking about that one ever since you posted, but still can't make up my mind.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/3/2007, 01:47 PM
If we had beat texas last year, I might say miami, but I dont think I can stomach 3 in a row.

Plus, if we somehow lose to the u, then win the rest of the games including Tex, we can pass it off as an inexperienced QB losing a big game early but settling down as the season wears on and we would probably have a good shot at a MNC by the end of the year.And a win over tx would help more than a win over UM as far as recruiting.

8/3/2007, 01:52 PM
I think that pic has Jamal Charles in it. As far as I know he hasn't done anythingI think the Fake Roy Wiliams should be there, too. Just because of all his whining.

dsoonersmac
8/3/2007, 01:52 PM
Hook 'em Texas Hook 'em

No one else close. The U, the domers and the condoms all run a distant second.

HTown77095
8/3/2007, 01:54 PM
This could be an exact repeat of '85 - if we lose to Miami, beat Texas, win our conference, and end up in the title game with a freshman qb. Deje vu.

budbarrybob
8/3/2007, 02:02 PM
Easier to win a MNC with an early loss...

8/3/2007, 02:13 PM
Hook 'em Texas Hook 'em

No one else close. The U, the domers and the condoms all run a distant second.One must never forget orange aggy. How do ya like losing to orange aggy?

soonersweetie
8/3/2007, 02:16 PM
texas

jacru
8/3/2007, 02:20 PM
I refuse to pick one. I'd rather lose to Boise State again than either of those.
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:eek:

Vaevictis
8/3/2007, 02:41 PM
I'd like to beat Miami, but so long as we play in the Big XII South with Texas, it's always going to be Texas.

canes4ever
8/3/2007, 06:48 PM
What if you lose to both? Suicide watch time.

8/3/2007, 07:02 PM
What if you lose to both? Suicide watch time.Yeah, college football that important to you?

utex74
8/3/2007, 07:37 PM
Choose.

I have to go with Miami. I fully realize that a loss to the shorthorns effectively kills any NC implications and damages Big XII chances.

But I hate the Hurricanes and all three of their fans that show up for every home game.

What a coincidence! I prefer you beat Miami instead of Texas, too! :D

birddog
8/3/2007, 07:49 PM
you could have said X team or Texas and i would choose texas.

dsoonersmac
8/3/2007, 07:55 PM
One must never forget orange aggy. How do ya like losing to orange aggy?

I refuse to even accept the possibility of the moon, stars and sun being in such an alignment of that (admittedly horrendous) event occuring!:D

olevetonahill
8/3/2007, 07:56 PM
What if you lose to both? Suicide watch time.
Aint gonna happen
Both are going to Lose Big To Us this year !:cool:

TXBOOMER
8/3/2007, 10:13 PM
Good work X. This texass poster is a classic piece of work. :) Would make a lovely shirt for OU texass weekend.

sooner n houston
8/3/2007, 10:18 PM
I'd like to beat Miami, but so long as we play in the Big XII South with Texas, it's always going to be Texas.

Yep, winning the BIG XII is goal # 1. And it still leaves us with an outside shot to win an NC.

XingTheRubicon
8/3/2007, 10:32 PM
Good work X. This texass poster is a classic piece of work. :) Would make a lovely shirt for OU texass weekend.

I didn't create it, a Texas aggie did I think.

I tried to edit to give him credit for it but for some reason I cannot edit my posts.

usmc-sooner
8/3/2007, 10:40 PM
I'm an oddball I'd rather beat Miami, we rarely get to play them and I've been waiting since I was 16 for revenge on them.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/3/2007, 11:15 PM
I want to beat the U pretty bad.

But anytime you beat Texas, it's a pretty good season.

goingoneight
8/3/2007, 11:22 PM
One must never forget orange aggy. How do ya like losing to orange aggy?
Who? :confused:

goingoneight
8/3/2007, 11:25 PM
Texas will be better than tha U. If you beat Texass, shouldn't you beat tha U along the way? Just sayin' is all...

Zing
8/3/2007, 11:35 PM
I have to go with Texas for reasons that, for the most part, have already been expressed:

1) A loss to Miami early can be shrugged off as a new QB learning the ropes against a daunting defense.
2) Beating the whorns is always good for our program. Recruiting, a shot at a Big XII championship, you name it. Also, not having to listen to the stupid Texas fans for a whole nuther year. We don't have many U fans in the greater OK/TX area, so they don't squeal quite as loud.
3) The Miami game is early, and the media has the attention span of your average goldfish. Lose early, beat big teams late, and you're voted high and more likely to play for a National Championship. Lose late, though, and you're boned.
4) Plus, stomping around the fairgrounds with the horns pointed down after a victory is so, so sweet.

IndianJack
8/3/2007, 11:53 PM
Beat Miami

Bury Texas

soonerloyal
8/4/2007, 09:44 AM
Passing on this poll. We're going to beat them BOTH, so why should I make a hypothetical choice between the two?

But I enjoy reading other people's choices. Keep 'em coming.

SoonerKnight
8/4/2007, 05:52 PM
Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't it be both? This is OU!!!!!
:)

Indy Sooner
8/4/2007, 06:57 PM
The true Sooners fan has only one option in this hypothetical poll.

Octavian
8/4/2007, 07:59 PM
It's always terrible to lose in Norman....and we're not used to it.

It'd be especially painful to meet Miami in Norman again and not vanquish some demons.

But there's nothing like strolling down Midway after the RRS...win or lose. And it's nearly impossible to put into words how much better that walk is after a win instead of a loss.

We're in the Big XII. I'd rather Bob go up 5-1 on Mack in Big XII titles than beat Miami.

Texas.

Octavian
8/4/2007, 08:00 PM
now...if Notre Dame was coming to town....that might be different.

8/4/2007, 10:35 PM
now...if Notre Dame was coming to town....that might be different.Right on!...and orange aggy!

GrapevineSooner
8/4/2007, 11:10 PM
Put it this way...

When Texas and Miami met in the Cotton Bowl in the 90's, I prayed for a 0-0 tie with 20 combined turnovers and a pouring monsoon.

In other words, I wanted it to be the worst game played between two teams in college football history. And that I hate each team equally and cannot possibly answer this question.

InTexasandImStuck
8/5/2007, 10:33 AM
You have to pick Texas because if we beat Miami (who is down) and lose to Texas, we have a down year ourselves and we are about championships, not just beating one team...That is Aggie. Of course, if we have to beat the one team to get to the Big XII, only makes it that much better.

Keep thinking that. The only thing down about Miami has been the Head Coach. That is now a thing of the past and you won't see Shannon clapping, flinching and shatting himself scared to lose. The Miami of old is back and much sooner than people expect. Recruiting is going better than anyone expected and another NC in the next 3 years is a reality.

sendbaht
8/5/2007, 10:57 AM
TEXAS any day!!!

Jacie
8/5/2007, 02:35 PM
As much as I dislike losing to the cocaines, they didn't show up till the 80's. Having to put up with the arrogance that is the trademark of fans from the u. of saxet has been a lifelong ordeal. I don't care if it is a conference game, just that Oklahoma beats them. I would guess that they have cost OU more championships than upstarts from Florida. I agree with that philosphy from long ago, it doesn't matter how many games OU wins, so long as one of em against saxet.

tanjou
8/5/2007, 03:08 PM
I learned my lesson after the Rose Bowl in 2006. I never want Texas to win anything, ever.

Soonerfan1993
8/5/2007, 05:40 PM
Texas is who I want to beat

Reasons why a loss in week 2 dosen't eliminate our chances completely of playing for the national title, where as a loss to Texas would, and it likely would end our chances of a big 12 title.

So what would you rather have if we had 1 loss

A. A bcs game in Jan and a big 12 title and a higher bcs game then Texas also a small chance of playing for the nc

or
B. aA bcs game in Jan, Horns win big 12 title and are either playing in the nc game or are playing in a better bcs game.

I think every reasonable Sooner Fan would pick A.

Hopefully we go undefeated and don't have to pick either one.

The Maestro
8/6/2007, 04:12 PM
I thought I already explained how there is no way in hell we lose to Miami or the game stays that close? :)

Oh, well...having said that...beat Texas. But when we beat them both, watch out.

birddog
8/28/2007, 09:30 AM
be afraid, maestro. be very afraid.:D

In two weeks, Miami may bring to Norman a defense still battered with nagging injuries.
And by then, the Hurricanes may be no more settled on a quarterback than they are now.

But ask Larry Coker, and unranked Miami still possesses one key element that will be dangerous for the eighth-ranked Sooners in their second-week game Sept. 8.

"They'll have talent,” said Coker, Miami's coach since 2001 until he was fired after last season. "I don't think there's any doubt they're being overlooked.

"I think you're going to see a very good Miami team come to Oklahoma.”

Last year, the Hurricanes got blasted by Louisville, later lost four straight conference games and had several off-field incidents that eventually cost Coker his job.

But even though Miami finished 7-6, the Hurricanes still had the seventh-best defense in the country, allowing only 255.5 yards a game.

And most of that defense returns, headlined by four returning starters in the secondary and 6-foot-8, 282-pound defensive end Calais Campbell, who led the ACC last season with 20.5 tackles for loss.

"Campbell will be a top-five pick at some point, and the other end, Eric Moncur, is going to be a force,” said Coker, an Oklahoma native who was OU's offensive coordinator in the early 1990s. "Their scheme in the secondary can cause you some problems, too.

"They have a lot of talent on defense, a defense that can win against anyone, not just Oklahoma.”

The bigger question for Miami, however, will be offensive production.

Last season, the Hurricanes averaged fewer than 20 points a game, scoring more than four touchdowns against only Florida A&M and Florida International.

The Hurricanes return nine offensive starters — including explosive tailback Javarris James — but haven't had consistent play at quarterback since Ken Dorsey in 2002.

And although first-year coach Randy Shannon said he expects to name a starting quarterback between senior Kyle Wright and junior Kirby Freeman early this week, it's likely both will play in Miami's opener Saturday against Marshall.

Even so, Coker said either is capable of performing well enough in Norman.

"Wright and Freeman are two experienced players,” said Coker, now a college football analyst for ESPNU. "Both of them were (EA Sports) Elite 11 quarterbacks.

"I think you've got a lot of talent in those two, but they have to play. Whoever it is will be the key to Miami's chances.”

If the quarterback battle resolves itself and Miami's offense makes enough improvement, Coker said, the Hurricanes could prove last season was a fluke.

"I think the Oklahoma game will be the game for them,” Coker said. "It'll determine if they're for real or not.

"If they win, I think they'll be off and running.”

Your ThoughtsMore Stories By

zeke
8/28/2007, 09:38 AM
Texas

rufnek05
8/28/2007, 10:11 AM
it took me all of .ooooooo1 seconds to make my choice. texass. plus they are ranked higher than Thug U. but i really don't see us losing to miami, unless **** really hits the fan.

birddog
8/28/2007, 10:17 AM
it took me all of .ooooooo1 seconds to make my choice. texass. plus they are ranked higher than Thug U. but i really don't see us loosing to miami, unless **** really hits the fan.

just so people don't pile up on you. it's L-O-S-I-N-G. loose means to "knock the ball loose". lose means you didn't win.

rufnek05
8/28/2007, 10:34 AM
dam, english are hard.

soonermarkus
8/28/2007, 11:27 AM
IT has to be Texas...we lose to Miami early...we have plenty of time to rebound...beat texas and still play for a big 12 championship and could be in the mix for a bcs championship..i hate miami...but i'd rather beat texas...

douxpaysan
8/28/2007, 11:55 AM
As long as texas is attached to our south end...you never want to miss the opportunity to henry hudson the whorns.http://www.bongonews.com/StoryImages/kick_in_the_balls_2005-04-13.JPG

SoonerBOI
8/28/2007, 11:58 AM
Got to be Texas.

Dan Thompson
8/28/2007, 12:41 PM
Beat Texas, so we can be Big XII champs.

stoopified
8/28/2007, 01:32 PM
I pick Tejas just for the Big 12 title...BUT I HATE THE U!!!!Bingo

Monster Zero
8/28/2007, 06:28 PM
Choose.

But I hate the Hurricanes and all three of their fans that show up for every home game. You know all those a**holes running around South Florida with their thUg jerseys in the 80's and 90's are now sporting jerseys that spell out "g-a-t-o-r-s".

gUns
drUgs
thUgs

It's all about the "U", baby!
Can't accept the premise of your question.

I say beat both their asses, especially Texas...