PDA

View Full Version : Head of ODOT will not allow...

Soonerus
8/2/2007, 10:04 PM
...himself or his family to drive on OKC's Crosstown Expressway...hasn't for several years...scary...

Turd_Ferguson
8/2/2007, 10:08 PM
I don't blame him. Traffic was at a stand still one day because of an accident. I was right by the Robinson exit. You wouldn't believe how much the roadway was moving from the strain of all the cars and trucks. It scared the **** outta me.

Soonerus
8/2/2007, 10:11 PM
collapse is his issue...not traffic...

Turd_Ferguson
8/2/2007, 10:13 PM
Traffic is not my issue, the POS falling down is.

Soonerus
8/2/2007, 10:20 PM
Traffic is not my issue, the POS falling down is.

Agreed, it is race betwen falling down and the opening of the new I-40...

SicEmBaylor
8/2/2007, 11:09 PM
Yet another reason Tulsa>OKC.

It only took Tulsa 15 years or so to fix that **** on the BA.

Scott D
8/3/2007, 04:32 AM
...himself or his family to drive on OKC's Crosstown Expressway...hasn't for several years...scary...

Ironically it's his responsibility to make that thing safe for people to use.

Vaevictis
8/3/2007, 04:40 AM
Ironically it's his responsibility to make that thing safe for people to use.

... very hard to do if you can't get funding to do it.

Okla-homey
8/3/2007, 06:12 AM
... very hard to do if you can't get funding to do it.

True, but he could order his engineers to evaluate it and if it's not up to scratch, condemn it and declare it closed in a press conference. However, that would require moral courage, unlike merely stating "I won't let my family drive on it."

Vaevictis
8/3/2007, 06:44 AM
True, but he could order his engineers to evaluate it and if it's not up to scratch, condemn it and declare it closed in a press conference. However, that would require moral courage, unlike merely stating "I won't let my family drive on it."

No argument. But I expect you're probably not going to find that in a person in that position; that position involves politics.

OklahomaTuba
8/3/2007, 08:08 AM
Unfortunatly, its probably going to take some more blood from innocent people before the POS's in OKC do anything about the roads and bridges in this state.

Some of the bridges around here are flat out scary looking.

OUDoc
8/3/2007, 08:15 AM
Seems to me, he just opened up a Pandora's box of lawsuits against him if the bridge ever does fail. He just acknowledged that's he feels it's unsafe, yet isn't closing it.

Okla-homey
8/3/2007, 08:16 AM
No argument. But I expect you're probably not going to find that in a person in that position; that position involves politics.

Agreed. However, I submit he doesn't deserve the job if he feels that way yet takes no decisive action to remedy the danger.

Mjcpr
8/3/2007, 08:35 AM
It could also be that Rus is full of **** or is just spouting off about people he "knows", again.