PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else think that having UNT is HUGE for OUr QB...

goingoneight
8/2/2007, 09:05 PM
... to just get out there and go through the motions of a packed stadium, full-pads, full-contact? Colt McCoy and Chase Daniel both talked about how big it was playing on the first day, how they just needed to get out there and calm down... get a taste of it all.
I'm not saying UNT prepares us for Miami, I'm saying it gets their feet wet... and it will keep them from puking down their leg on gameday, throwing INTs on every pass, etc.
I think this is just the game to make a few mistakes and strech your legs, honestly. Kinda like how Baylor prepared us for Stoolwater last year.

sooner n houston
8/2/2007, 09:43 PM
Couldn't agree more. We should always have a patsy for the opener but especially when you have a rookie QB.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/3/2007, 01:11 AM
Couldn't agree more. We should always have a patsy for the opener but especially when you have a rookie QB.I'm thinking that TCU home opener game a couple of yrs. ago seemed to have the same feeling going in. (IOW, I sure hope our coaches get the boys ready to play hard, and not be overconfident).

swardboy
8/3/2007, 06:33 AM
I suppose we'll start at UNT with a declared #1 qb who'll get most of the action. With Miami up next, I'd hate to see that guy pulled in the 3rd quarter of the UNT game because of a blowout score. He'll need all the action he can get the first game.

Jalal23V
8/3/2007, 08:20 AM
I guess im knocking on UNT saying this, but I believe TCU has most of the time been a stronger team than UNT, esp a UNT team with a new coach and offense. We were upset vs TCU because that team went on to only lose one game. It was a good defense. I dont think UNT will lose only one game this year. Our QB just needs to get some consistency going and I think UNT will provide that